Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Singapore Television documentary on the looting of WW2 wrecks in Asia

6 comments in this topic

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles

A shame this happens. But robbing a grave whether on land or at sea, is nothing new. Getting them to stop is like asking them to stop breathing.

When nobody respects the dead, don't expect them to respect the living either. And we know how that turned out.

When nobody honors history, they will eventually not honor the present either. And they will cease to even be human.

I think all of the above will stop when there is no one left on this planet.🤔

[HINON]
Members
14,323 posts
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

We just need underwater drones patrolling these areas. When illegal salvagers are detected the drone would torpedo the offending vessel. This activity would stop in short order. 

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles
15 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

We just need underwater drones patrolling these areas. When illegal salvagers are detected the drone would torpedo the offending vessel. This activity would stop in short order. 

Or you can sink the salvagers. Risk implies death when committing a heinous crime such as robbing war graves. Sure, the UN might say "something". But the countless veterans and those in the service would never argue the action. And those in active duty, would pull that trigger when ordered to. 

Robbing a war grave is serious be it on land or at sea. I wouldn't care if it is a rival nation's war grave say, Russia's, and I am in a USN cruiser, I get the order to open fire, I would. Protecting a war grave is not a crime, Robbing it is.

RESPECT.

[HINON]
Members
14,323 posts
7 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Or you can sink the salvagers. 

That is what torpedoes do.

Sign in to follow this