Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Incomparable_Giacomo

Please offset the times for Grand Battle and Ranked

5 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts

Hi,

Why are Grand Battles and Ranked on at the same time?

It's bad enough I can't play ranked anymore due to the ridiculous timing, but now I also can't play Grand Battles. Who makes these decisions?

I'd happily queue for longer if they were available earlier in the day.

(In my particular case I play on NA)

[SR-_-]
Members
4,942 posts
46,451 battles
2 hours ago, The_Incomparable_Giacomo said:

Hi,

Why are Grand Battles and Ranked on at the same time?

It's bad enough I can't play ranked anymore due to the ridiculous timing, but now I also can't play Grand Battles. Who makes these decisions?

I'd happily queue for longer if they were available earlier in the day.

(In my particular case I play on NA)

I think it's about the player choosing. Pick one. I think WG made sure you can't have both. Reasons only they know. But I think I have an idea why....

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,721 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I think it's about the player choosing. Pick one. I think WG made sure you can't have both. Reasons only they know. But I think I have an idea why....

Curious to hear your thoughts.

I am fairly sure they are using this "Grand Battle" to continue testing the Super Ships in the live environment. Why would they want the test time to compete with Ranked? Are Ranked captains getting too much steel so they want to reduce that outlay?

[SR-_-]
Members
4,942 posts
46,451 battles
16 hours ago, Khafni said:

Curious to hear your thoughts.

I am fairly sure they are using this "Grand Battle" to continue testing the Super Ships in the live environment. Why would they want the test time to compete with Ranked? Are Ranked captains getting too much steel so they want to reduce that outlay?

I think that captains farming steel, rather than winning out ranked, would want to play both akin to having your cake and eating it too.

Since the mode pays really good in FXP, XP, Elite Cap XP, and credits; it is like a huge carrot and forcing the greed inside such steel farmers to make a hard choice:

Either play for steel, or play for the other stuff.

After all, WG rewards handsomely in this mode to conduct tests. And so far, players like the rewards enough. Those rewards cover a lot of things at once.

Steel only gets you one thing, but that commodity is locked to a specific store. So it is a commodity that is limited in use. You can only use it in place of coal, but that is it. 

Credits, XP of every flavor goes a long way and is more comprehensive.

This makes ranked less of a profiting enterprise for steel farmers. So, that is why WG made them head-to-head. Choose. 

That leaves ranked alone with players that genuinely want to rank out. Because a steel farmer is likely to feel silly sailing full potato for low payout, and just steel. They lose in the long term.

Because eventually, the credits and XP runs low and you have to either pay or go to the new mode. 

I suspect the ranked population will drop significantly and the new mode get more attention. 

Dedicated ranked players that are competitive in a common purpose to "win out" will be all that is left. 

Greed is a great motivator. But dedicated ranked players are not greedy. They want to rank out, rewards are just a consequence. 

But farmers will always be in the game.

The question is, are farmers smart enough to realize that playing ranked right now is not profitable? They are seriously passing up on real rewards. 

So, in summation, it is a way to reduce the outlay by cleverly creating an incentive. Nothing WG does is by accident.

The Golden Rule of Russia: "Always have a plan."

Kuznetzov: "I plan to win this war. Nobody here, plans to lose." *note, at some point in polite or impolite circles he may have said this. Due to censorship of the Communist Party at the time, most of Kuznetzov's words were seldom printed. Because he is a Russian first and hated the Party. That made him very unpopular with the Politburo, but made him a living legend among his comrades. He didn't take crap from anyone. 

• Thanks 1

[BONKZ]
Members
19 posts
4,877 battles

I would like to schedule for Ranked to be made a bit more flexible. I dropped Ranked because I cannot catch it open when I can play, and when I do, I have Clan Battles...

Sign in to follow this