Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

The Better CV Always Wins!

20 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,544 posts

Or not. This is one of the few times I've seen a reworked CV come in at the top of its team. Unfortunately, this "unicum" was more concerned with farming damage than spotting our DDs. I, on the other hand, who can't ever hit much with any of my ordinance, spent most of my time spotting and trying to keep my best DD covered with fighters. No matter how good you are, you can't hit what you can't see. Team win rates were equal at about 51%.

image.thumb.png.5f58e88281f2f06dac433a68db3c6152.png

• Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
329 posts
8,680 battles

People cry about the rocket nerf but my biggest concern playing DD and  Cruisers have the spotting.  DDs biggest gain is not the rocket nerf itself but rather the by product.   The salt from this patch should really be coming from Cruisers and BBs because of the increase CV attention.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,812 battles

So in the end you're just saying you did nothing got carried whereas the red CV tried to carry but couldnt shoulder the team's burden ? Because that's what I see when I look at the report

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,544 posts
18 minutes ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

DDs biggest gain is not the rocket nerf itself but rather the by product.

image.png.9fcca9cbf446b3b007fcc5d36797253b.png

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

If this title were true, youd likely never win as a CV.

Some games are impossible to win, no matter what you do. Hence why even the best players can only manage an 80% win rate. Some battles are impossible to lose, no matter what you do. Even AFK accounts can manage a 30% win rate. Active griefers manage in the high teens/low 20s. The portion in the middle is what you truly have influence on.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,372 posts
5,527 battles

There are definitely caps as to how high or low your win-rate can be when playing solo. It's why AFK botters only have as low as a 35% win-rate.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,269 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Or not. This is one of the few times I've seen a reworked CV come in at the top of its team. Unfortunately, this "unicum" was more concerned with farming damage than spotting our DDs. I, on the other hand, who can't ever hit much with any of my ordinance, spent most of my time spotting and trying to keep my best DD covered with fighters. No matter how good you are, you can't hit what you can't see. Team win rates were equal at about 51%.

image.thumb.png.5f58e88281f2f06dac433a68db3c6152.png

Agreed little Snarg.

Unfortunately this goes for all types. DDs blocking a cap will never see the XP gain.

'I suppose it is all in the victory. You must cherish that.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,123 battles

Tbh - I kinda stopped chasing down DDs. There is no benefit in it for me. Why spend the game getting frustrated chasing down a little boat when I can reliably farm damage and get a greater reward.

I meant what I said - the burden is on the rest of the team to kill destroyers. You might get a fighter or two - but I'm not interested. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,136 posts
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Tbh - I kinda stopped chasing down DDs. There is no benefit in it for me. Why spend the game getting frustrated chasing down a little boat when I can reliably farm damage and get a greater reward.

I meant what I said - the burden is on the rest of the team to kill destroyers. You might get a fighter or two - but I'm not interested. 

Not a great approach - excluding yourself from what's best for the team?

Think a while back when the idea of rock/ paper/ scissor/ was dropped and the DD was given the spot/cap role they probably felt the same.

No more flanking and attacking BBs unspotted, with spotters, fighters, CV aircraft, hydro, radar and RPF.

I guess DDs can still go hunt and forget about spotting and the cap - but that isn't going to help their team as much.

They are very much a go out in front and scout for your team, why? Because that is the role where they benefit the team most.

Sure, you can say you are going to leave hunting DDs because you can't farm them anymore, but isn't that going to hurt your team and therefore you?

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
898 posts
2,089 battles

it's not being unable to farm them, it's being unable to hit them at all. I mean these types of games are supposed to be fun and circling over head a destroyer all day... not my idea of fun. If I've got almost no chance of hitting a destroyer with a rocket I'm LESS likely to bother with destroyers. I'd rather WG nerf the damage of rockets then anything. 

• Boring 1

[DJL]
Members
242 posts
7,293 battles
45 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Not a great approach - excluding yourself from what's best for the team?

Think a while back when the idea of rock/ paper/ scissor/ was dropped and the DD was given the spot/cap role they probably felt the same.

No more flanking and attacking BBs unspotted, with spotters, fighters, CV aircraft, hydro, radar and RPF.

I guess DDs can still go hunt and forget about spotting and the cap - but that isn't going to help their team as much.

They are very much a go out in front and scout for your team, why? Because that is the role where they benefit the team most.

Sure, you can say you are going to leave hunting DDs because you can't farm them anymore, but isn't that going to hurt your team and therefore you?

Not a great team move I agree but your already hated by your own team your rockets are crap why spend match after match trying to be a team player just to get -3 karma crap damage crap reward when you can farm damage have fun doing your own thing and get the rewards to benefit from it. They have 5 dds (most matches do now) so does your team a cv can't be all over at once so maybe the dds should take the advice they give the cv players right now adjust,get good all that crap  if I spot a dd and feel I can get him sure got him but not going to hold aircraft over him for 5 minutes while your team ignores requests to get rid of him.

Sadly WG made this game this way now where it's everyone for themselves no team work less your div up. By the way this goes for all ships not just cv's  have fun do your thing move on its an  Attitude that best fits this game in random at the moment.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,136 posts
29 minutes ago, Athrun2021 said:

Not a great team move I agree but your already hated by your own team your rockets are crap why spend match after match trying to be a team player just to get -3 karma crap damage crap reward when you can farm damage have fun doing your own thing and get the rewards to benefit from it. They have 5 dds (most matches do now) so does your team a cv can't be all over at once so maybe the dds should take the advice they give the cv players right now adjust,get good all that crap  if I spot a dd and feel I can get him sure got him but not going to hold aircraft over him for 5 minutes while your team ignores requests to get rid of him.

Sadly WG made this game this way now where it's everyone for themselves no team work less your div up. By the way this goes for all ships not just cv's  have fun do your thing move on its an  Attitude that best fits this game in random at the moment.

I don't hate my teams CV (maybe because sometimes I am my teams CV lol).

There are plenty of people that see the CV as just another ship on their team, and there are many that are toxic. I understand that the toxicity can get overwhelming, but in the end play your game and do your best - a DD can also spot and find none of his team kill the enemy he is spotting for them - does that mean he shouldn't try/spot?

I agree with WG contributing to an anti-team approach to their own game about 2 teams, but when it works it's great - not thanks to WG - but thanks to the team. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
13 posts

The enemy CV seems to get almost everything he needs. Kills, damage, XP and probably more fun as he free farms BB while you get win rate only.

I guess the fundamental question is are you willing to do all the dirty work in every random match just so your teammates can enjoy.  Well I certainly do not mind my teammates play for me though.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,123 battles
6 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I don't hate my teams CV (maybe because sometimes I am my teams CV lol).

There are plenty of people that see the CV as just another ship on their team, and there are many that are toxic. I understand that the toxicity can get overwhelming, but in the end play your game and do your best - a DD can also spot and find none of his team kill the enemy he is spotting for them - does that mean he shouldn't try/spot?

I agree with WG contributing to an anti-team approach to their own game about 2 teams, but when it works it's great - not thanks to WG - but thanks to the team. :Smile_honoring:

You're in the minority. 

I have literally been called every foul name I can think of. The best example - one guy told me he hoped a priest molests my children.

The thing about DDs - they have their own advantages - rapid-fire - torpedos - smoke - sometimes radar - sometimes speed boost - sometimes reload booster - sometimes CWIS mounts - and oh yes: absolute nonsense detection from aircraft. 

I promise you - it's not worth it to me to spend time hunting down a ship with most of those advantages. I won't even bother trying to find a Halland - no one else is gonna shoot him - why waste the planes.

[WGF]
Members
95 posts

18 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I promise you - it's not worth it to me to spend time hunting down a ship with most of those advantages. I won't even bother trying to find a Halland - no one else is gonna shoot him - why waste the planes.

I mostly agree, hunting down dds has become a loss making proposition since the update but bombing them if they're in a predictable spot is still profitable, more so since of late most dds seem to no longer be concerned about aircraft :Smile_trollface:

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,123 battles
2 minutes ago, diain said:

I mostly agree, hunting down dds has become a loss making proposition since the update but bombing them if they're in a predictable spot is still profitable, more so since of late most dds seem to no longer be concerned about aircraft :Smile_trollface:

See if I get the chance to nuke someone - I'll go for it. If someone beached - he gets carpet bombed. 

If he's rolling around somewhere on the map - I'm not wasting my time - it's minutes spent trying to spot someone who is incredibly difficult to detect.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,136 posts
48 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

You're in the minority. 

I have literally been called every foul name I can think of. The best example - one guy told me he hoped a priest molests my children.

The thing about DDs - they have their own advantages - rapid-fire - torpedos - smoke - sometimes radar - sometimes speed boost - sometimes reload booster - sometimes CWIS mounts - and oh yes: absolute nonsense detection from aircraft. 

I don't believe I am in the minority, please don't get this wrong - but I find if I get animosity it is not so much because I am a CV, but rather (like a medic in an active combat zone) I can't be everywhere helping everyone at once.

I don't take complaints personally, I just take it with the pinch of saltiness it tends to be delivered with. :Smile_teethhappy:

Honestly, I have positively commented (karma) plenty of CVs for their action in supporting me - if they haven't supported me, I just take it they are off doing something more pressing for the team to win the match. The spotting for no one to do anything sometimes comes down to a lack of communication (obviously not saying you don't communicate) - for me I sometimes find myself saying 'Hello, he's right there - anyone care to fire?' in my head - but if I am fair, I haven't actually warned anyone about me going to reveal an enemy before I do it. I just expect people to fire when I do my thing (just like above when many expect the CV to be everywhere lol). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
898 posts
2,089 battles

that said I've commented before that CVs are the "healers" of the game. getting blamed by some [edited] for losses even when it's the [edited] fault 

[CDOH]
Members
959 posts
8,620 battles
23 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

So in the end you're just saying you did nothing got carried whereas the red CV tried to carry but couldnt shoulder the team's burden ? Because that's what I see when I look at the report

Not if he had boat loads of spotting damage.  Spotting damage is worse than the damage output of the CV.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

What's the point of doing a bunch of damage if you lose :Smile_hiding: 

Sign in to follow this