You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Ever eat your own words?

18 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Think this is 3-ish years ago in one of my T8 CRs--probably when NO was the T8.

Anyway, goes to my head that can taunt red BBs when I dodge their AP. "Nah nah nah you can't hit me!"

Pull it off twice.

3rd time I'm typing it just as an Iowa dev-strikes me. Chat blew up with laughter.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[SLDS]
Members
144 posts
8,389 battles

Once back when I was fairly new I was shooting down planes like crazy and said something like yum feed me more planes… a few minutes later he sunk me, so I said lol I guess I asked for that. We actually both had a good laugh over it.

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,594 battles

More times than I can remember. One memorable occurrence was in HMS Hood when her AA was surprisingly good: After a match shredding low tier airplanes, I was cocky and gave my heading to the (not low tier) red CV next match. He found me quick, and I was sunk 5 minutes into the battle. 

My favorite was a red CA trash talking a ton. I told him I will sink him. No matter what he said, I just replied I would sink him. Low and behold, he got dev struck as soon as I saw him, pure RNG luck. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,814 posts
24,299 battles

Someone on red team asked me if (Druid)was any good...

I proceeded to tell them all the fun facts, mini minnow, 293k ap dm bullies dds like no other....

As I'm typing all the glorious info, I sail into c cap contesting it...

I get spotted, [ unseen shimmy ] , and 6 ships, rocket planes then the shimmy delete me in the time it takes me to say shoot...

I did take half the health off shimmy...

Then I typed, bad thing is concealment....

Edited by dEsTurbed1
Ship name
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,940 battles

Sorta kinda...

So, so, close to being toxic in chat about getting sunk tonight...

‘You played well Orkan.’ Comes over all chat...

’...’

’Thanks.’ (Hand out the totally deserved +1 karma.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
13,571 battles

Happened to me the other day in ranked. I narrowly dodged some DD torps and said in all chat "Olay!!!" then 1 minute later got nuked by torps. 

[ALLY]
Members
422 posts
21,910 battles
7 hours ago, Shadow_Woof said:

Once back when I was fairly new I was shooting down planes like crazy and said something like yum feed me more planes… a few minutes later he sunk me, so I said lol I guess I asked for that. We actually both had a good laugh over it.

To all:

When I first got my Missouri, I had it set up for AA and had a 99 AA rating.  This was when it was still the old style CVs.  I was against a Midway and said something like "I am a poor helpless BB with no AA.  CV please be kind and do not attack me" with full sarcasm meter pegged.  The CV did drop  and I dodged all but one torp and shot down some planes.  The problem was I detonated with the one torp.  Went from full health to zero and the CV got first blood.  It happens even when you are not talking that much smack.

C130 signing out

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles

@Lord_Zath has an unfortunate but hilarious habit, when he does gameplay analysis reviews, of being halfway through telling people they mis-aimed when the shells land for a devstrike.

These days, the only trash-talk I give my opponents is to the red bots.

Members
84 posts

A while ago at the start of a game smartass here typed in all chat, Do not shoot me I am on a peaceful mission and mean no harm. Soon after both the enemy cv's and whoever else could focused me down. Gone within a few minutes.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts

I do this all the time - 

I suggest "all is lost  because you made that play"  and somebody carries.

Happened last night again.

Kudos given to a Chung Mu who got it done against 2 BB's & a cruiser.

Those words I don't mind eating...

Edited by Anonymous50

[WPORT]
Members
10,919 posts
15,412 battles
13 hours ago, Reymu said:

Anyway, goes to my head that can taunt red BBs when I dodge their AP. "Nah nah nah you can't hit me!"

Pull it off twice.

3rd time I'm typing it just as an Iowa dev-strikes me. Chat blew up with laughter.

If I must eat my own words, then Alphabet Soup is the preferred recipe.  :-)

[WGF]
Members
94 posts

Been there, was being uppity in my asashio a few months back after torping several BBs and on the verge of victory.

Enemy CV came in and finished me off just as I finished typing. :Smile_hiding:

Still won though.

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

Who remembers WARBEASTY?

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
14 hours ago, Reymu said:

Pull it off twice.

Oooofff  Yes.  Have to eat my own words all the time!

Last night in Grand Battles.   I was actually running with @Dr_Venture and another clan mate.  I was in my Marceau  and had been slaying DDs previous games.    So we had a competent Div going and up against us was a 3 man div.  Now their DD was a Shima.   Venture spotted him for me  coming at the same cap and I said no problem I was going to kill that guy for sure and that div was not going to be a problem for us at all! 

Yeah it did not work out that way. I could make myriad excuses as to why it didn't work out. No matter where I went,  I could not kill that Shima as his buddies where always there to cover him at just the right time. The  Shima also  got some good shots in on me out trading me on the damage score.  In the end we all died and lost the game while they lived.   It was humbling.  

Edited by eviltane

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

Oooofff  Yes.  Have to eat my own words all the time!

Last night in Grand Battles.   I was actually running with @Dr_Venture and another clan mate.  I was in my Marceau  and had been slaying DDs previous games.    So we had a competent Div going and up against us was a 3 man div.  Now their DD was a Shima.   Venture spotted him for me  coming at the same cap and I said no problem I was going to kill that guy for sure and that div was not going to be a problem for us at all! 

Yeah it did not work out that way. I could make myriad excuses as to why it didn't work out. No matter where I went I could not kill that Shima as his buddies where always there to cover him at just the right time. The  Shima also  got some good shots in on me out trading me.  In the end we all died and lost the game while they lived.   It was humbling.  

That was my best Richtofen game in nearly a year. 

I hunted that Shima hard - got him down to 300 health with rockets and then RNG just kept screwing me. 

[CNO]
Members
6,737 posts
20,178 battles

Just last week.

Chat tells me to "get back"

Me "Nah...I'm good"

Ten seconds later...Triple cit...followed by a few regular pens (different ship from cits)...delete.

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
15 hours ago, Reymu said:

Pull it off twice.

Tha ts what games are for. Fun