Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Have They Increased The Try Your Luck Container Percentage?

30 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

I have so much coal and signals that I been hitting the try your luck option for my 3 daily containers. In 3 weeks I've gotten 3 Super Containers which is twice the frequency as I used to get them. I've done this in the past where I'll do it for a while and then go back to resource containers and in the past I'd average one every couple of weeks. 
It could just be RNG but 3 in 3 weeks is pretty good odds since I been doing it lately. 1st one gave me doubloons but I have plenty so no big deal but still nice as I use them for captain respecs. Second one I got a bunch of International Women's Day camo's and today I screenshotted it and got 50,000 xp. I was just about to switch back to resource containers but I'm gonna go another week to see if I can grab a 4th Super, plus we are just a few days away from getting the Super from the daily login. 

Super.jpg

Edited by Lord_Argus
  • Cool 1

[CRUEL]
Members
557 posts
10,692 battles

It would be nice if the odds increased slightly until you hit a super. Even if it was a small increase. Then it could reset once one was hit. At least then you could feel like it wasn't just pure RNG.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts
12 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

In 3 weeks I've gotten 3 Super Containers which is twice the frequency as I used to get them. I

I find that I get a super container about 3% of the time with luck tries and about 1.5% of the time under standard drops. Sometimes I'll get a run of super containers though. My best run was five super containers in eight tries. Some times the run goes the other way though. Once, I went so long between super containers that I seriously though they'd gotten rid of them.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Been months since last SC from choosing resources.

But give how often SC doesn't have favorable RNG, can't say I miss them.

[HELLS]
Members
2,879 posts
32,512 battles

Got two in two weeks when selecting Resources. 100 Papa Papa flags and 50 Valentine cammos. I take all freebees....

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,940 battles

About the same; seem to average maybe one every 3-4 weeks?

[VIGIL]
Members
385 posts

I’ve only seen one or two on this account, and one of them was the first one you get when you start playing. Interestingly enough - that one dropped the Perth. 

[CSLEO]
Members
41 posts

Yes, although it follows a dry patch. I think 5 in the last couple of weeks, yesterday a standard resource container gave 50 Victory camos, very nice. I figure that is worth about 30k coal.  Got 25 hydras recently our of nowhere, oh baby. A Perth out of a container, that would sure make my day.

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
5 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I have so much coal and signals that I been hitting the try your luck option for my 3 daily containers. In 3 weeks I've gotten 3 Super Containers which is twice the frequency as I used to get them. I've done this in the past where I'll do it for a while and then go back to resource containers and in the past I'd average one every couple of weeks. 
It could just be RNG but 3 in 3 weeks is pretty good odds since I been doing it lately. 1st one gave me doubloons but I have plenty so no big deal but still nice as I use them for captain respecs. Second one I got a bunch of International Women's Day camo's and today I screenshotted it and got 50,000 xp. I was just about to switch back to resource containers but I'm gonna go another week to see if I can grab a 4th Super, plus we are just a few days away from getting the Super from the daily login. 

Super.jpg

Are you sure they were all from TYL containers... we've been getting a lot of containers from the 2500/5000 BXP missions & daily logins...(w/some TYL containers thrown in...but a lot of others also) & I've gotten a couple SCs from them.

I'll be able to buy every FXP ship ever by the time I'm done using all the Papa Papas I've gotten lately (60% minimum of all SCs last year).

2 hours ago, Dudefella said:

I’ve only seen one or two on this account, and one of them was the first one you get when you start playing. Interestingly enough - that one dropped the Perth. 

RIGGED!!!

Not the only ship in the game to not have a tech tree line to grind commanders on but certainly the 1st...& it's about due for a tree line.

Played it a few times on the alt accounts for the Corgi type events...fun ship...

But I bet you wish it was on your regular account.

Sorry...can't add any confirmation bias numbers to this subject (of choosing TYL containers)...always choose resource containers exclusively (so many coal ships...so little time)...

But I have been getting SCs more often overall since the container missions were added...but haven't kept track of where from Everytime...sometimes log out before a battle ends & there's 1 waiting for me when I log back in... figure I finished 1 of the BXP level when the battle ended & they got earned that way.

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
13,562 battles

Been doing it on a fresh alt account and yeah same thing, 3 SCs in 3 weeks. No ships though :(

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,323 battles

It seems to me SC are dropping more frequently, I got two last month and I already got two this month (with one more coming in two days, from daily login).

[CO-OP]
Members
2,576 posts
29,549 battles

SCs are no longer the thrill they used to be. If they put some of the unique commanders in them and perhaps the unique upgrades for T10s they might regain some of their lost attractiveness.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
2 minutes ago, Efros said:

SCs are no longer the thrill they used to be. If they put some of the unique commanders in them and perhaps the unique upgrades for T10s they might regain some of their lost attractiveness.

I mean really i actually get mad when i see them.

Oh boy more camos. Just give me the coal i was picking containers for.

Adding in the UUs, Commanders would help a bit, but they have the chances for everythint but flags and camos set so low theyd still be a dissapointment to see.

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,323 battles
7 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

It seems to me SC are dropping more frequently, I got two last month and I already got two this month (with one more coming in two days, from daily login).

Just got one more...

6 hours ago, Efros said:

Yeah, same here

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,467 posts
4,774 battles
17 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I have so much coal and signals that I been hitting the try your luck option for my 3 daily containers. In 3 weeks I've gotten 3 Super Containers which is twice the frequency as I used to get them.

The SC drop percent is supposed to double with a TYL container. Nothing unusual there.

17 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I find that I get a super container about 3% of the time with luck tries and about 1.5% of the time under standard drops

This holds over large samples too.  Over small, some of the reported anomalies have been crazy.

Members
84 posts

I usually always take the try your luck container but haven't seen a super come out of one in a long time. Usually just get flags.

[HINON]
Members
9,141 posts
13,592 battles
7 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I mean really i actually get mad when i see them.

Oh boy more camos. Just give me the coal i was picking containers for.

honestly, same, especially if its flags that i literally NEVER use

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
504 posts
21,689 battles
18 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I find that I get a super container about 3% of the time with luck tries and about 1.5% of the time under standard drops. 

36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The SC drop percent is supposed to double with a TYL container. Nothing unusual there.

This holds over large samples too.  Over small, some of the reported anomalies have been crazy.

Sorry to bring rain to the parade, old sad memories.

I tracked the first 121 TYL boxes when it was first implemented.   They replaced the NERF bat with a NERF asteroid and rocked the place.

But everyone knew something changed, it was obvious.

So, 6 SC in my first 30 tries.  (at 9, 11, 12, 15, 25, 29) 

The 7th SC occurred on the 36th try.

AND then sometime after this,  NERFED!

2 SCs from the next 85 tries.  (stopped tracking after all that)

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
3 minutes ago, LabradorRetriever said:

Sorry to bring rain to the parade, old sad memories.

I tracked the first 121 TYL boxes when it was first implemented.   They replaced the NERF bat with a NERF asteroid and rocked the place.

But everyone knew something changed, it was obvious.

So, 6 SC in my first 30 tries.  (at 9, 11, 12, 15, 25, 29) 

The 7th SC occurred on the 36th try.

AND then sometime after this,  NERFED!

2 SCs from the next 85 tries.  (stopped tracking after all that)

Shoulda kept tracking imo, the more data the better!

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
504 posts
21,689 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Shoulda kept tracking imo, the more data the better!

Yea, things happen though.  I looked at the document,  and it was last modified Feb 2017.

That might've been when I stepped away from the game for 3-5 months.   :fish_book:

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,177 posts
8,095 battles

I've gotten 2 SC( 50 X Italian event camos & 15K coal) in last couple of weeks from resource containers..  which is all I ever choose unless I make a mistake.  Prior to that was a pretty long dry spell.  

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,467 posts
4,774 battles

From 873 Resources crates I've dropped (through last Nov), 14 were SCs, for a 1.60% average. Considering that some were not daily crates (so could not earn SCs) the actual drop rate was a bit higher.

I don't track TYLs because I don't collect them.  Hasn't it been stated by WG that TYL offers "twice the chance of a SuperContainer"?

Edited by iDuckman

[OGF]
Members
419 posts
7,829 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Hasn't it been stated by WG that TYL offers "twice the chance of a SuperContainer"?

I think it just says an unspecified "increased chance" with the additional caveat that if you don't get lucky you may get fewer rewards.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts
10 hours ago, lbfreitasBR said:

My exact situation - also dropping without the "aura" they used to come with - all resource crates IIRC.

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this