Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

WGs Russian Bias Rant Continued

86 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,270
[LWA]
Members
1,366 posts
15,829 battles

We all know the Russian ship's guns have the BEST performance, but why do the Russian ships also get (not the best) one of the best AA guns?  I tested a Petropavlovsk's AA guns recently in random battle with my FDRs aircraft.....you know the toughest aircraft in the game.  The solo Petropavlovsk melted my planes like they were nothing.....WHY?  Why do the Russians get such OP guns?  Kremlin with the AA rating of 99......really?  Petropavlovsk has the AA rating of 96......really?  Must be nice to just make up fantasy stats for these fantasy Russian ships.   The ole Soviet propaganda is still lingering in the minds of those at WG?  Just make crapup to boost the morale of their fellow Russians?
 

WHEN IS [edited]WG GOING TO PROPERLY NERF THE PETROPAVLOVSK????  [edited]WHEN???  THE [edited] BIAS IS SO "IN YOUR FACE" BLANTANT.  BEST GUNS, BEST AA, BEST ARMOR, BEST RADAR...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......SO TIRED OF THIS RUSSIAN BIASED crap

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

Outside of Petro, i have yet to think a russian ship is broken or overpowered...

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
961
[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,681 posts
8,422 battles
5 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Outside of Petro, i have yet to think a russian ship is broken or overpowered...

There have absolutely been a few throughout the game's history. Some got nerfed, some didn't, some got pulled. The issue I personally have with this line of thinking is that it tends to be hypocritical. You almost never see people complaining about OP ships from their home nations, then it's "Amazing" and "Perfect ship for this tier" or "Iconic" or something. The old Massachusetts before the nerf comes to mind as an example, or the Thunderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,204
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,651 posts
26,547 battles

FDR's planes are slow, aren't they?  If so, then her planes linger around longer in the long range AA aura where Petro's AA is at its best.  Because faster planes plow through Russian long range AA, and once you're past that initial deadly layer, they have very little AA left behind it.  Here are images of Petro & DM AA values, all stock.

Q0ElJlz.jpegYusxhfO.jpeg

Petro has a very fierce long range AA, the flak is nasty and the AA DPS is even better than DM's.  The range also helps in prolonging the duration aircraft are in this aura and eat damage.  But once you're past that, there's very little AA DPS left.

 

It's the same thing with Kremlin.  Normal CV aircraft could plow through the initial, very deadly long range AA of Kremlin, and once past that, she had very little air defense left.  AP Bombers drop, Kremlin goes kaput.

7 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

There have absolutely been a few throughout the game's history. Some got nerfed, some didn't, some got pulled. The issue I personally have with this line of thinking is that it tends to be hypocritical. You almost never see people complaining about OP ships from their home nations, then it's "Amazing" and "Perfect ship for this tier" or "Iconic" or something. The old Massachusetts before the nerf comes to mind as an example, or the Thunderer.

Quite so.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
9 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

There have absolutely been a few throughout the game's history. Some got nerfed, some didn't, some got pulled. The issue I personally have with this line of thinking is that it tends to be hypocritical. You almost never see people complaining about OP ships from their home nations, then it's "Amazing" and "Perfect ship for this tier" or "Iconic" or something. The old Massachusetts before the nerf comes to mind as an example, or the Thunderer.

Yea, that too. But im talking tech tree ship. Not a single one of them outside Petro is broken/op.

The only lines i havent gone up yet are the dd lines for them and its because i havent been impressed with how they play.

The Russian bbs are okay. Lenin is stronger than Vladivlastok, and it got pulled from sale.

None of the russian cruisers i have have particularly impressed me. Tallinan is garbage, and Chappy is somehow eveb squisher than Cleveland...least Chappy is fun to drive with the skin i have

Out of the premiums i can think of a few, but no more than other nations, and those few all got pulled.

Still wanting a smolensk :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,099
[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles

Ingame "Ratings" are one of the worst, most generalized, most misleading measures of ship characteristics.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,398 posts
4,771 battles
24 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yea, that too. But im talking tech tree ship. Not a single one of them outside Petro is broken/op.

The only lines i havent gone up yet are the dd lines for them and its because i havent been impressed with how they play.

The Russian bbs are okay. Lenin is stronger than Vladivlastok, and it got pulled from sale.

None of the russian cruisers i have have particularly impressed me. Tallinan is garbage, and Chappy is somehow eveb squisher than Cleveland...least Chappy is fun to drive with the skin i have

Out of the premiums i can think of a few, but no more than other nations, and those few all got pulled.

Still wanting a smolensk :(

Loving my Lenin and Smolensk. They're Gud Botes

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,099
[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles
29 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yea, that too. But im talking tech tree ship. Not a single one of them outside Petro is broken/op.

The only lines i havent gone up yet are the dd lines for them and its because i havent been impressed with how they play.

The DD lines tend to pass under the radar (pun intended) for some reason whereas they have some incredibly powerful ships. I wouldn't say broken but very strong.

Tashkent by now makes Khabarovsk look more of a sidegrade.

Udaloi and Grozovoi keep on receiving buffs due to being somewhat unpopular, meaning they have reached a stage where they are simply crazy good. You get ALL the gimmicks, somewhat decent torpedoes and the capability of open water gunboating.

Other than them, the only other RU tech ships I have heard being close to OP are Sinop and Gangut.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
7 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Loving my Lenin and Smolensk. They're Gud Botes

~Hunter

All my hate! :p

2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The DD lines tend to pass under the radar (pun intended) for some reason whereas they have some incredibly powerful ships. I wouldn't say broken but very strong.

Tashkent by now makes Khabarovsk look more of a sidegrade.

Udaloi and Grozovoi keep on receiving buffs due to being somewhat unpopular, meaning they have reached a stage where they are simply crazy good. You get ALL the gimmicks, somewhat decent torpedoes and the capability of open water gunboating.

Other than them, the only other RU tech ships I have heard being close to OP are Sinop and Gangut.

Ill have to look into em then!

And Sinop is strong...if you let it face tank you.

And i dont know about Gangut, im pretty sure i skipped over it and went right to the tier 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
326
Members
229 posts
71 battles

Over 300 ships in the game.

Look at this 1 ship.  I base my Russians are biased towards Russian Ships on this one example.    :Smile_izmena:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,398 posts
4,771 battles
2 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

All my hate! :p

Ill have to look into em then!

And Sinop is strong...if you let it face tank you.

And i dont know about Gangut, im pretty sure i skipped over it and went right to the tier 5.

Smolensk isn't as strong as she used to be, losing that 3km range really does change her dynamic and the fact that she's much closer now means she's easier to kill  too lol So I guess that balances things out for her.

Never heard anyone complaining about Gangut, however, I have seen people complaining about Pyotr Velikey. That ship is stupidly tanky with its impenetrable bow, good gun angles and decent penetration. I guess the thing that balances it out are the molasses turrets and the snail-pace of 24kts.

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
949 posts
220 battles
2 hours ago, db4100 said:

We all know the Russian ship's guns have the BEST performance, but why do the Russian ships also get (not the best) one of the best AA guns?  I tested a Petropavlovsk's AA guns recently in random battle with my FDRs aircraft.....you know the toughest aircraft in the game.  The solo Petropavlovsk melted my planes like they were nothing.....WHY?  Why do the Russians get such OP guns?  Kremlin with the AA rating of 99......really?  Petropavlovsk has the AA rating of 96......really?  Must be nice to just make up fantasy stats for these fantasy Russian ships.   The ole Soviet propaganda is still lingering in the minds of those at WG?  Just make crapup to boost the morale of their fellow Russians?
 

WHEN IS [edited]WG GOING TO PROPERLY NERF THE PETROPAVLOVSK????  [edited]WHEN???  THE [edited] BIAS IS SO "IN YOUR FACE" BLANTANT.  BEST GUNS, BEST AA, BEST ARMOR, BEST RADAR...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......SO TIRED OF THIS RUSSIAN BIASED crap

You do realise - that the Devs are aware of this (imbalance) for the Petro?  We know this due to Dev blogs.   If the ship was OK there wouldn't be a restriction on it. 

What does your rant prove if the Devs are already aware of this imbalance?  That you can act like a kiddy?  That you know some [edited] words.

 

image.thumb.png.d2f3b3f40dc1e20dc1cd0c4d0955c387.png  

 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/167

 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
7 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Smolensk isn't as strong as she used to be, losing that 3km range really does change her dynamic and the fact that she's much closer now means she's easier to kill  too lol So I guess that balances things out for her.

Never heard anyone complaining about Gangut, however, I have seen people complaining about Pyotr Velikey. That ship is stupidly tanky with its impenetrable bow, good gun angles and decent penetration. I guess the thing that balances it out are the molasses turrets and the snail-pace of 24kts.

~Hunter

I want her for the Dakka Dakka purposes more than anything, i love the way her guns sound.

Pyotr was an odd boat in that line, certainly wasnt the best, but not the worst tier 5 tech tree ship either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
326
Members
229 posts
71 battles
2 hours ago, db4100 said:

We all know the Russian ship's guns have the BEST performance, but why do the Russian ships also get (not the best) one of the best AA guns?  I tested a Petropavlovsk's AA guns recently in random battle with my FDRs aircraft.....you know the toughest aircraft in the game.  The solo Petropavlovsk melted my planes like they were nothing.....WHY?  Why do the Russians get such OP guns?  Kremlin with the AA rating of 99......really?  Petropavlovsk has the AA rating of 96......really?  Must be nice to just make up fantasy stats for these fantasy Russian ships.   The ole Soviet propaganda is still lingering in the minds of those at WG?  Just make crapup to boost the morale of their fellow Russians?
 

WHEN IS [edited]WG GOING TO PROPERLY NERF THE PETROPAVLOVSK????  [edited]WHEN???  THE [edited] BIAS IS SO "IN YOUR FACE" BLANTANT.  BEST GUNS, BEST AA, BEST ARMOR, BEST RADAR...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.......SO TIRED OF THIS RUSSIAN BIASED crap

 

Knowing the Petro has a AA rating of 96 (and not knowing what the Captain skill or modules are) I decided to test my Planes and the planes died.  Thank you for posting that AA can work sometimes.  It is nice to know.

I believe there are some guides on YouTube on how to dodge flack.  At what point did you decide that you were losing planes too fast and called the planes off to another location?   Let me guess, The Petro activated the 119+ knot speed boost and caught up with your planes as they were relocating? 

Or did YOU fail to avoid a flack burst?  

 

 

Edited by Pebcac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,828
[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Petro is balanced by its slow RoF though.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,927
[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

Where are the claims for English bias? All the RN T10 ships are really strong, Thunderkek and Conkekror are quite OP yet I see no bias claim... Do they get a free pass?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,099
[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

Where are the claims for English bias? All the RN T10 ships are really strong, Thunderkek and Conkekror are quite OP yet I see no bias claim... Do they get a free pass?

Daring has been the best tier X tech tree DD for the past three years now :Smile_hiding:.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Where are the claims for English bias? All the RN T10 ships are really strong, Thunderkek and Conkekror are quite OP yet I see no bias claim... Do they get a free pass?

Its cause, Russia = bad, the cold war is still on ya know. /s

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[MUG-T]
Members
782 posts
4,262 battles
3 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yea, that too. But im talking tech tree ship. Not a single one of them outside Petro is broken/op.

The only lines i havent gone up yet are the dd lines for them and its because i havent been impressed with how they play.

The Russian bbs are okay. Lenin is stronger than Vladivlastok, and it got pulled from sale.

None of the russian cruisers i have have particularly impressed me. Tallinan is garbage, and Chappy is somehow eveb squisher than Cleveland...least Chappy is fun to drive with the skin i have

Out of the premiums i can think of a few, but no more than other nations, and those few all got pulled.

Still wanting a smolensk :(

Now, I could see your point

But obviously someone needs to tell you about Gaishu and his 550k game in The Flying Shimakaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[CDOH]
Members
956 posts
8,620 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Where are the claims for English bias? All the RN T10 ships are really strong, Thunderkek and Conkekror are quite OP yet I see no bias claim... Do they get a free pass?

Not sure why people never bring this up.  Conqueror is so frustrating to play against when someone knows what they are doing. Its very strong never push Conqueor you will get farmed out.   Rarely do you see a conqueror taking map position and delivering devastating ap and Utility at the same time. This is why Petro is OP.  It can take map position cause its really hard to hit.  It has decent radar and hydro providing utility.  The AP is only second to Stalin. This imbalance really shows up in Ranked play.  I have never found the Rate of fire of petro to be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,466
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,964 battles

Kremlin's actual AA rating is 0 after one or two BB HE salvos. If your BBs won't do it, spend some rockets and do it yourself -- not like they're good for anything else anymore, right?

As for Petro, if you can't strike a lone Petro in FDR, it's not the ship's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,009
[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

I find it funny that people get mad and down vote when someone mentions Russian bias.  I can't see how anyone could honestly deny Russian bias.  The Russian/Soviet navy of the era would at most warrant a couple of token premium ships just to pander to the home team.  Instead they get full lines of every ship type so strong that they redefine the meta in some way. 

RU DDs:

Khaba, invented gun boating, and blew the other DDs out of the water in terms of damage.

Grozovoi, after the CV rework was one of the most played DDs due its AA and all these buffs/consumables it was given.

Cruisers:

Moskva, invented super cruiser concept and turned the cruiser meta on its ear.

Stalingrad, no need to say anything here.

Petro, one of the most broken tech tree ships ever.

BBs:

Kremlin, on release it really didn't have much in the way of weaknesses to offset its strengths.  On release the RU BBs were so strong they brought back BB overpopulation.

CVs:

I have little doubt the new Russian CVs will redefine the meta yet again.

Anyone denying Russian bias is living under a rock, or maybe a Russian immigrant that can't let go of the home team pride.

Lol, Russian immigrants so far, 4 and counting. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,204
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,651 posts
26,547 battles
6 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Ingame "Ratings" are one of the worst, most generalized, most misleading measures of ship characteristics.

 

Clemson the great deceiver in Artillery Ratings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,204
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,651 posts
26,547 battles
58 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I find it funny that people get mad and down vote when someone mentions Russian bias.  I can't see how anyone could honestly deny Russian bias.  The Russian/Soviet navy of the era would at most warrant a couple of token premium ships just to pander to the home team.  Instead they get full lines of every ship type so strong that they redefine the meta in some way. 

RU DDs:

Khaba, invented gun boating, and blew the other DDs out of the water in terms of damage.

Grozovoi, after the CV rework was one of the most played DDs due its AA and all these buffs/consumables it was given.

Cruisers:

Moskva, invented super cruiser concept and turned the cruiser meta on its ear.

Stalingrad, no need to say anything here.

Petro, one of the most broken tech tree ships ever.

BBs:

Kremlin, on release it really didn't have much in the way of weaknesses to offset its strengths.  On release the RU BBs were so strong they brought back BB overpopulation.

CVs:

I have little doubt the new Russian CVs will redefine the meta yet again.

Anyone denying Russian bias is living under a rock, or maybe a Russian immigrant that can't let go of the home team pride.

Lol, Russian immigrants so far, 2 and counting. :Smile_teethhappy:

I guess you didn't mind the 100% Paper German CV Line.  A nation that, even to this day, has never completed, much less operated an aircraft carrier.

 

Also, quite a lot of the Non-USN, RN, IJN Ship Lines are held up by paper as f--k ships.

- German Cruisers would have gaps at Tier VII and IX-X.  Tier VIII with Hipper-class is as far as they should have gotten.

- German Battleships have Fake Refits (Bayern;  She was scuttled at Scapa Flow and never had refits like the game shows) and Fake Ships (FDG, GK, Pommern, and that Super BB... All fake).

 

There's also the fact that people celebrated an OP non-Russian ship like it's just fine.  They were fine with Georgia, Massachusetts, Thunderer, Alaska breaking, disrupting things, throwing tiers and games out of balance.  But hey, that was okay.  Especially if it was an American Ship:  "Rules for thee but not for me."

 

There's two words for that:  Two Faced.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I find it funny that people get mad and down vote when someone mentions Russian bias.  I can't see how anyone could honestly deny Russian bias.  The Russian/Soviet navy of the era would at most warrant a couple of token premium ships just to pander to the home team.  Instead they get full lines of every ship type so strong that they redefine the meta in some way. 

RU DDs:

Khaba, invented gun boating, and blew the other DDs out of the water in terms of damage.

Grozovoi, after the CV rework was one of the most played DDs due its AA and all these buffs/consumables it was given.

Cruisers:

Moskva, invented super cruiser concept and turned the cruiser meta on its ear.

Stalingrad, no need to say anything here.

Petro, one of the most broken tech tree ships ever.

BBs:

Kremlin, on release it really didn't have much in the way of weaknesses to offset its strengths.  On release the RU BBs were so strong they brought back BB overpopulation.

CVs:

I have little doubt the new Russian CVs will redefine the meta yet again.

Anyone denying Russian bias is living under a rock, or maybe a Russian immigrant that can't let go of the home team pride.

Lol, Russian immigrants so far, 2 and counting. :Smile_teethhappy:

"anyone who disagrees is obviously russian".

Throw any sense of reality/built in steel/laid down out the door, and that argument needs to stop being used given the sheer number of paper ships in game now, and even more that are coming. I disagree with you, not russian, born in the US. Russian bias would be making all russian ships broken, and leaving them that way.

Khaba, and Grozovoi are so rarely seen, even with the buffs i question how good they are.

Moskva: I love seeing this on the enemy team due to their large HP pool. Yum fires and yum damage farming.

Stalingrad: Few players have her, and shes been nerfed a few times

Petro: Broken, i agree here.

Kremlin "On release" its not that anymore, and can be tossed out, its a large HP barge and i love farming them.

 

As to the other ships, tier 5 and up.

CAs: None of them up to tier 8 are amazing or overpowered, Schors is laughably bad imo, and so is Tallinan.

BBs: Until Sinop the entire line is just awful, Sinop is "okay", Vladivostok isnt a great upgrade over Sinop and for sure felt like a downgrade until it was upgraded. The Sov Soyus is so bad people forget it exists until one appears in battle.

Out of their premiums most of them are just bad too, outside of Lenin, Nikolai and Smolensk.

 

Nobody ever says bias for any other nation but Russia and those other nations have broken ships too.

 

US: Ohio, Massy, Georgia, Benham, Black, Somers, Enterprise, Might Mo, one could put FDR up here too at least for competitive modes.

UK: OG Belfast, Thunderer, Conquerer

French: Bourg, Colbert

Italian: GC

EU: Smalland

KMS: Konig Albert

IJN: Musashi


And if your whole argument comes down to "Well they just didnt build them", we could kiss the majority of ships in game goodbye at that point, and that makes it a null argument.

 

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×