You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DesslockVonKraken

Hannover and Satsuma for steel?

8 comments in this topic

[-MN-]
Members
17 posts
4,001 battles

Super Battleships is an interesting topic, and the event is limited but fun, so... is it just an event or a "test"?

Hannover and Satsuma are imposing, but seem to be perfectly balanced for the normal game, the ships boil down to a "giant farm target", the armor is decent but nothing absurd, and the size is a big disadvantage. At the same time, however, both ships are fully capable of sustaining a good damage average, and would possibly have decent performance in normal game, personally I found the gameplay very fun - Hannover, in particular, looks like "the GK that gave right".

That said, I don't believe these ships are "tier XI", but is it possible that in the future they will become available ships for resources?

5dzo0t.jpg

• Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles

I have a feeling they will be like the “legendary tier” as in the console version, maybe for a unique currency

Edited by Boomer625

[ENDO]
Members
233 posts
5,892 battles

I'd replace GK with Hannover frankly. Lol. Hannover feels like a properly tuned GK for the current meta, just remove her secondary accuracy gimmick. 

Joking. Hannovers overmatch is just a bit much, but it's not far off. Tier 10.5 basically. 

They don't feel any better for a simple reason. Fire/flood scale with HP because it's %1. You could give a BB 300k hp and a DD or HE cruiser will pretty much kill it just a fast. The reality is armor feels worthless. HP feels worthless. Sure you can have some tanky moments. It's mostly against other BBs shooting AP. Lol. You can bounce 16inch shells and take no damage and have a 5inch shell just flop on your deck and whoosh you are burning to death. It feels weird. The smaller the gun. The scarier it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
22 minutes ago, MBRicochet said:

I'd replace GK with Hannover frankly. Lol. Hannover feels like a properly tuned GK for the current meta, just remove her secondary accuracy gimmick. 

Joking. Hannovers overmatch is just a bit much, but it's not far off. Tier 10.5 basically. 

They don't feel any better for a simple reason. Fire/flood scale with HP because it's %1. You could give a BB 300k hp and a DD or HE cruiser will pretty much kill it just a fast. The reality is armor feels worthless. HP feels worthless. Sure you can have some tanky moments. It's mostly against other BBs shooting AP. Lol. You can bounce 16inch shells and take no damage and have a 5inch shell just flop on your deck and whoosh you are burning to death. It feels weird. The smaller the gun. The scarier it is.

Because the smaller the gun, the faster it can reload, and since shells do not have to pen to start fires, you got a huge problem there.

Going off of this mechanic, sell a t10 premium ship with 12 3”/60 guns, where its a small caliber HE but the long  barrel gives it good range, give it a reload of 1.2 seconds (auto loader) and now its the best BB damage farmer in the game.

Add smoke, radar, hydro, spotter plane, and now it can DD hunt, farm BBs while using the spotter plane to spot, hydro to detect smoke-flooding torps

• Cool 1

[ARRSE]
Members
224 posts
1,425 battles

I'm sure its a trial run for tiers 11 and 12. New content has to come from somewhere, and the current tiers are becoming an overcrowded and gimmick-jammed mess.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,650 posts
26,535 battles
21 minutes ago, Turbogerbil said:

I'm sure its a trial run for tiers 11 and 12. New content has to come from somewhere, and the current tiers are becoming an overcrowded and gimmick-jammed mess.

I'll raise your guys Tier XI Super Battleships with the next evolution of Aircraft Carriers for Tier XII, the future of naval warfare for the period, courtesy the 1950s:  Forrestal-class.  This class succeeded the Midway-class and would set the template of future US Navy Carriers.

Forrestal was laid down in 1952 and commissions in 1955.  Here she is just after her commissioning.

USS_Forrestal_(CVA-59),_starboard_view,_

Below, here she is in 1957.

USS_Forrestal_(CVA-59)_underway_at_sea_i

And below in 1962-63.

F-8_Crusaders_fly_over_USS_Forrestal_(CV

Battleships were Dead End Development.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,397 posts
4,771 battles
3 hours ago, MBRicochet said:

Hannover's overmatch doesn't bring anything to the game that Shikishima already has. They're only 480mm guns, not the monstrous 510mm guns of the Shikishima or the Satsuma.

~Hunter

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

Not worth it.

Now the Burger on the other hand, thats a fun ship.