Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LostDawg

Dealing with CV Rocket Nerf

51 comments in this topic

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles

I know a lot of you are angry about the CV nerf... I hope this will help you all out.

Go into training mode, set for 12 vs 12, add 12 destroyers to the enemy team and set for no gun fire.  kill everyone of them with rockets and when you are done... you'll be better with them in randoms etc.

Also everyone! WG has made it so you have to protect your CV from DD's if they get on them.

Rockets: As soon as you set your way point, click again to regain control of the the next group of planes... no need to sit there and watch the animation.

You can even have new planes taking off before your rockets land if you're fast enough.

If you haven't used Tiny Tims', now is the time to try them out.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[NMKJT]
Members
3,324 posts
8,518 battles
1 minute ago, LostDawg said:

Also everyone! WG has made it so you have to protect your CV from DD's if they get on them.

I'm gonna be honest, I already did that before the rocket nerf, if I was close by and the CV hadn't pissed me off by being useless or I thought he was too clueless to rocket a DD (despite the low ceiling of old rockets that was still a thing). Or if he didn't have rocket planes ready/didn't have them at all.

• Cool 2

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles

Sounds like you're a good player.

[386LV]
Members
84 posts
12,524 battles

Play Kaga, Indomitable, Immelmann.

They weren't weak before the rocket nerf, now they are strong, at least relatively.

• Meh 2

[SCREW]
Members
10 posts
4,803 battles
2 hours ago, LostDawg said:

I know a lot of you are angry about the CV nerf... I hope this will help you all out.

Go into training mode, set for 12 vs 12, add 12 destroyers to the enemy team and set for no gun fire.  kill everyone of them with rockets and when you are done... you'll be better with them in randoms etc.

Rockets: As soon as you set your way point, click again to regain control of the the next group of planes... no need to sit there and watch the animation.

You can even have new planes taking off before your rockets land if you're fast enough.

If you haven't used Tiny Tims', now is the time to try them out.

Rockets were the best tool for killing low health and low aa DD's before because of the guaranteed damage, but because of their lack of alpha they would stay parked after the initial spotting run unless their was something low health that needed to die. Now they just stay parked period. Bombs and torps have always been better for spotting them, and for their higher alpha against other classes. The inconsistency of them now puts them on par with other plane types at killing DD's and leaves almost no reason to actually use them.

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
13 minutes ago, OhMai_ said:

Now they just stay parked period.

I start off with rockets planes and use them every 3rd cycle. With enough practice, you'll be hitting DD's with Tim's... not saying you can't.

Edited by LostDawg

[SCREW]
Members
10 posts
4,803 battles
Just now, LostDawg said:

I start off with rockets planes and use them every 3rd cycle. With enough practice, you'll be hitting DD's with Tim's.

I can hit them, with the new rockets, but why waste a min in a half to fly out there with rockets to strike them for 3k when you can smack them for 7k with he bombs or Hak torps and still do a large amount of damage to other ship types. The new change gives any competent DD more than enough time to dodge most of the damage from rockets. 

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
5 minutes ago, OhMai_ said:

but why waste a min in a half to fly out there with rockets to strike them for 3k

I'm seeing an avg of 5k - 10k with rockets. You should be too, you're a good player.

I don't normally attack DD's. I use my rockets on CA/BB's.

Edited by LostDawg

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
1 minute ago, OhMai_ said:

On which cv? and on DD's?

lol I edited my last answer with the answer to this question.

[SCREW]
Members
10 posts
4,803 battles
3 minutes ago, LostDawg said:

lol I edited my last answer with the answer to this question.

But you could do more with torps or bombers. So again rockets are pointless.

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
1 minute ago, OhMai_ said:

So again rockets are pointless.

14 minutes ago, OhMai_ said:

when you can smack them for 7k with he bombs

I can do the same damage with rockets

[SCREW]
Members
10 posts
4,803 battles
Just now, LostDawg said:

I can do the same damage with rockets

On a dd consistantly?

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
Just now, OhMai_ said:

On a dd consistantly?

I don't go after the DD's really anymore

[SCREW]
Members
10 posts
4,803 battles
4 minutes ago, LostDawg said:

I don't go after the DD's really anymore

I was referring to DD's with those damage numbers a single strike of ap bombers does 15-20k on hak and torps will do 15k but you get multiple strikes on cruisers. And that isn't even mentioning FDR. 

Edited by OhMai_
  • Cool 1

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
2 hours ago, OhMai_ said:

I was referring to DD's with those damage numbers a single strike of ap bombers does 15-20k on hak and torps will do 15k but you get multiple strikes on cruisers. And that isn't even mentioning FDR.

yes 5-10k damage on a DD

[SCREW]
Members
10 posts
4,803 battles
20 minutes ago, LostDawg said:

yes 5-10k damage on a DD

5-7k used to be realistic if it was a good broadside strike, but 10k was extremely rare on a DD before and it had to be a large DD giving you perfect broadside. Now unless the DD is tabbed out and you get perfect RNG that is not going to happen. 

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
13 minutes ago, OhMai_ said:

5-7k used to be realistic if it was a good broadside strike, but 10k was extremely rare on a DD before and it had to be a large DD giving you perfect broadside. Now unless the DD is tabbed out and you get perfect RNG that is not going to happen. 

I created this to help others play rockets better not debate with you on how much damage i can do with rockets...  I get you don't like rockets. I'm done discussing this with you.

Edited by LostDawg

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,212 posts
8,466 battles

Not bad advice, though I use Co-op for practicing. I'm getting used to the delay, though I find the 5-second delay on Midway's rockets to just be too much.

One other option I gave in another thread is, if you find that even with practice you aren't getting hits, just rotate what squadrons you are using. Send your rockets against Cruisers and Battleships and save your dive/skip bombers for DD work. Your rockets will still be doing damage and setting fires, while you will maintain an effective punch against any DDs you need to engage.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,515 posts
10 hours ago, LostDawg said:

I didn't know that! I just tried it and it works.

• Cool 1

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
14 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I didn't know that! I just tried it and it works.

Does make it better... i just set my target and spawn new planes

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
On 6/21/2021 at 4:44 AM, LostDawg said:

With enough practice, you'll be hitting DD's with Tim's... not saying you can't.

I call bull on that one.

Now it is almost impossible to hit a DD with a Tiny Tim strike. The DD either needs to be AFK - or you got really really really lucky.

The only carriers I can reliably go after a destroyer with are the ones with HE bombers - they are at least consistent - but then again - why bother?

• Meh 1

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I call bull on that one.

Well I hit them constantly(with tims). Sorry you can't.

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,615 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Now it is almost impossible to hit a DD with a Tiny Tim strike. The DD either needs to be AFK - or you got really really really lucky.

Looking at your stats for today in CV's I believe you can't hit DD's with Tims.

Might want to take my advice and load up Training.

Only saying it like this because you're calling me a liar.

Edited by LostDawg

Sign in to follow this