You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

So, is the Unique Legendary upgrade for Yamato worth it TODAY?

8 comments in this topic

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
383 posts
10,222 battles

Well, I searched on forums and googled, most posts are from 2018 or so, and most of them say it is not worth it.

Basically, it replaces reload speed in the 6th slot, so we pay 19200 research points to replace -12%  reload time with -7% dispersion (both modules worsen the turret traverse equally).

Dispersion goes from 256m to like 238m.

Can it be justified today? Looks like a bad decision to play half a ship and -12% reload speed for questionable accuracy gain...

• Meh 1

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
560 posts
7,398 battles

I love Yammy with the UU. You pay a heavy price in DPM but you can punish a lot of ships with that consistent accuracy.

• Meh 1

Members
949 posts
220 battles

Depends on what IT is.  For slot 6 ether UU below:

image.thumb.png.5b6f5d459ba92f596f8c3b212de01f89.png

(note: 2500000 is the sell price)

or

image.thumb.png.ad7a9730775ef381e59c458aff3989e6.png

As I see it (and I don't have the Yami or the UU so happy to go [edited] myself on this).

For 3 mil (peanut change) I can get a module that fills the slot and get a reload boost.  I'm ignoring the penalities as they are the same on both).

Or I can reset a complete line for 10K RB points.  To get the 19200 RB points required, I need to RESET 2 COMPLETE lines (or wait for a 2x).

1. Is it worth re-grinding 2 lines?

2. Is it worth the Free XP not to grind 2 lines?

3. (or) 1 or 2 of the above with a 2x boost

IMHO - a small gain for a lot of RB and time, when compared to the effort of finding 3 Mill.

• Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
1 hour ago, crazyrom said:

Well, I searched on forums and googled, most posts are from 2018 or so, and most of them say it is not worth it.

Basically, it replaces reload speed in the 6th slot, so we pay 19200 research points to replace -12%  reload time with -7% dispersion (both modules worsen the turret traverse equally).

Dispersion goes from 256m to like 238m.

Can it be justified today? Looks like a bad decision to play half a ship and -12% reload speed for questionable accuracy gain...

Depends. The turret traverse sacrifice is not really impactful due to it being a sniper, so shove that out the way. But now, do you want to be the British at the Battle of Jutland, throwing up as many shells as posible to increase hits and damage? Or do you want to lessen the rng in your spread to get harder hits, as you are experienced to the point that you can aim pretty well? 

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,790 battles

I've always consider Yamato UU to be one of the best, if not the best UU currently available. Some people made a fuss about the loss of reload bonus but 30 sec reload is fine, especially when you take into account the super accuracy you gets on those guns that overmatch 32mm

Personnally I consider UU Yamato > Reload Yamato just for that extra consistency..

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Yamato's MB is consistently more accurate with the UU, so if you're solid at leading targets, it's a nice upgrade.

Just run AR skill to kinda replace MBM3.

TBH though, UU was worth grinding back when it was the grindy T10 mission. Now, for RBs, depends on your commitment to improving one ship.

Members
286 posts
5,873 battles

It depends on your playstyle. If you are more likely to stay around 15km and less, then MBM3 will be your better choice (PDM is everything in closer encountering). If you have good aiming skills and want to experience a sniper playstyle, then the UU + accuracy buff at third slot can benefit you much.