You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree

21 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles

Unlocked Z-46 and bought it. In a fit of madness, finished out the Dockyard and got ZF-6 too.

Yeah baby, yeeeeaahhhhh...

Both very good ships for the way I play the game.

Realized that I now had sufficient German premiums to make buying Lutjens pretty-much mandatory. So away went more than half my coal!

So far I have managed to trigger pretty much all of his talents. Guess who's going to be my SECOND German 21-pointer? 

As for the first, I'm less than 120K ECXP away from accomplishing that. I might have got it done this weekend, but there were too many IRL things to do. Can't see it being more than a week, though.

Played the Grand Battles thing a bit, with mixed success. Teams had a way of knowing how to die but not being so good at the killing bit. All in all, though, it was a good and productive weekend. If Z-46 continues to please, she's a shoo-in for one of the linkable T9 permacamos I've got. I've got Lutjens driving her as his primary ship (he might as well drive something; I don't use Hermelin anymore), and all four types of premium to put him in, so things should go relatively quickly there.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles

Didn't play much (not much I want right now.  Finished the 1st stage of the Colorado Thursday).  Hired and executed a bunch of 6 pt captains to get my 5th 21pt captain.  Did do all 6 dailies today.

I did replace a towel rod today (the wall hardware was completely worn out).  Got the exact same model as the old one.  After three attempts to install it, I found the rod on the new exact same model was 3/8" longer than the old one.  Works after I got the old rod out of the trash.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,994 posts
6,709 battles

Weekend has been nice, enjoying Father's day...

Made lunch with my wife and daughter, my daughter baked cinnamon rolls for me, which I'm currently tastefully enjoying. Planning movie evening with the missus... Game wise it was a nice day too...

Fun weekend!

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Bought and outfitted Alexander Nevsky; she awaits maiden voyage. Actually swapped my Russian CR and CL captains because the 19-point CL has the AP damage buff skill but only Riga and Petro can use it. Took Tallinn on maiden voyage, she's a natural fit.

Purchased Friesland cause why not. 2.5k FXP and not using it, so figured might as well.

Halfway to next 21-pointer. Maybe I'll spend my EXCP to get him there quicker once less than 200K.

Out of credits now from outfitting Nevsky, so Friesland hasn't any modules.

Rocket plane nerf definitely overdone. I had zero trouble dodging them all, which is hardly acceptable: aimed well, MB rounds will hit or ricochet or shatter.

Also had an amusing moment where a reversing AK rammed me while I was distracted in mine:

ueuGiwG.jpg

Also, this happened while spectating earlier:

Ul1ZR6W.jpg

[BEA5T]
Members
5,418 posts
25,281 battles

Played one Grand Battle and well, it was.....heck, I don't know....?  Kinda of like a Random with some spastic behavior.

Played Clan Battles with the new clan.  Took home about 600 steel.  Trying to perfect the Halland build....  I just can't find any carriers in clan battles....?!

The 2x7 bug may be gone for the most part but, I did see one today.  Lost a 4x5 the day before because the other three humans decided they were going to rush in and...................die.  And, they did. OOps?

Other than that, had some range time Friday.  Went looking for a Secretary desk for @Ensign_Cthulhu and found all sorts of Roll Tops but no Secretary's.

Father's day produced 5 WoWs cards this year !  So, I have steel;  have WoWs cards; and, all day tomorrow to finish range project !!! 

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles

Mowed the lawn.

Welcomed the Farragut to my Port.

Promoted and trained some Commanders.

Worked on my "Naval Battles Grid".

Posted on the forums, in various topics.

Weekends are too short.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,515 posts

AC is out so I'm doing the siesta thing -- getting up at 5:30, working in the shop or outside until it gets too hot, then coming in to fix lunch and take a nap. Today I continued going through shop items, sorting out those that are going to a sale, worked on an old edger for awhile, and then edged the half-block the house sits on.

It's starting to cool down but it's still 90 in the house. I should be hauling more stuff up from the basement tonight but the heat has just got me too tired. Hopefully the AC repair place will actually fix my air conditioner tomorrow. I'm out four hundred bucks so far in labor costs for the new technician they sent to talk to his supervisor for three hours on the phone and then leave without solving my problem because he finally realized that he didn't have the right parts. If he can't get the AC running tomorrow I'm not giving them anymore money until they actually fix the thing.

I did play a couple of games in order to get some material for Chat Funnies though.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles

Playing my T9 and T8 ships I’ve never played in Randoms before; cruisers and destroyers.

Got Tone.

As a hybrid it’s a great cruiser.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
8 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

The 2x7 bug may be gone for the most part but, I did see one today.

My day started with a 1x8 and included a 3x6, so I would venture to suggest that you encountered your 2x7 by random chance.

8 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Went looking for a Secretary desk for @Ensign_Cthulhu and found all sorts of Roll Tops but no Secretary's.

Oh good Lord, please tell me you're not serious. (I do appreciate the thought, but the shipping would be fearsome.)

6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Got Tone.

As a hybrid it’s a great cruiser.

I am seriously considering Tone, when she moves out of the no-coupon zone. The paper stats look interesting, especially the concealment, and I'm told that the B through D turrets can all spin 360 degrees. Compared with the sometimes painful C turret handling on Atago and Myoko, that's a very attractive feature... even if she has only four of them to the others' five and suffers the no-aft-fire issues of Nelson, Lenin, Izumo and several French BBs.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,490 posts
25,943 battles

Only played enough this weekend to get the 3 daily containers.

Did NOT play in Naval Battles.  By the time I got on Friday afternoon, the clan was already in the 800 plus BXP and that doesn't happen often enough for me to try.  We ended up losing by 25 or so.

Just working like crazy on credits at the moment to buy the Elbing (need XP also) and the Kitakaze.  At 16 Million at the moment.

Grinding the Akizuki (85k) and the Schultz (working on hull B - 35k).  The Schultz is a lot better than the Maerker.  Gives me hope for the Elbing.

Working on grinding FXP in advance of the dutch cruisers.  Currently sitting at 125k.  Hoping to get at least the T8 in early advance if the usual process is in place.  If I am super lucky (HA) I might get the T9 in the bundles.

On a 4 day weekend currently.  Finishing up my RV pad with new rocks and edging.  The back half is done.  I finished the edging trough around the front half and leveled off the ground a lot.  Rained hard yesterday - first time in months - so today is a buy more stuff day and other chores.  Back art it tomorrow with laying tarp and edging.  Wednesday will be the rock day and then done!  Also had my old broken deck torn out and a smaller new one installed.  Then it will be time for a few weekends of rest before the next project.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,490 posts
25,943 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am seriously considering Tone, when she moves out of the no-coupon zone. The paper stats look interesting, especially the concealment, and I'm told that the B through D turrets can all spin 360 degrees. Compared with the sometimes painful C turret handling on Atago and Myoko, that's a very attractive feature... even if she has only four of them to the others' five and suffers the no-aft-fire issues of Nelson, Lenin, Izumo and several French BBs.

I don't know if many people realize the 360 degree turrets are such a big advantage.  The C. Colombo is just awesome because of the X and Y turrets being 360 degrees.  Rapidly moving up in my list of fun ships. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,418 posts
25,281 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh good Lord, please tell me you're not serious. (I do appreciate the thought, but the shipping would be fearsome.)

Totally !  I was out-and-about and it was a furniture kind of antique day !  Never know what's out there.  If I ever happened to find one and you did buy it, ah..........I'm retired and might just have to visit Canada once again - for the um-teenth time.  No corporate jet this time (I'm retired from that career).  But, we've wandered stuff found for others all over the the US !   Heck, even been to Canada for my Son's hockey team a long time ago !  Talk about a long bus trip.......  So far, nothing I'd buy.......  I'll let you know if we happen to see one we think is reasonable.   I'm trying to talk an Amish furniture maker I know into making them again.   This is a quest now; and, I can't tell you the number of shooters that have contacted me from all over the world over what I did with that desk.....  Heck, even a corporate re-loading tools corporation was going to actually visit and then, the freaking pandemic hit.....   They'll be back I'm sure.      

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Never know what's out there. 

And if nobody has it, it can always be built. Since we first discussed this, it looks like my family and I will be moving to a house which is less demanding of an extremely compact setup. 

If I were starting this all over again I'd have bought different equipment, but everything's easy with hindsight...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,515 posts
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

it looks like my family and I will be moving to a house which is less demanding of an extremely compact setup.

We built the Folk's house in 1979 so if it didn't end up with what we wanted it was all on us, and the budget we were constrained to. Of course, that budget was somewhat slim, even for then. Dad was only able to borrow $35,000 and salvage some lumber from an old church that they gave him for free if he'd demolish it and take it away. With it, and the free labor of the family and a family friend, we were able to build an 1,800 square foot house with a full basement.

A few years later Dad and I built a two car garage to go onto the house. A few years after that Dad had a kid he'd taught in high school and his crew build him a 25' x 75' foot shop. Now, the Folks have passed on and I've bought my siblings' share of the property. I gave them over twice what it cost to build everything. The place is way too big for my needs and the taxes are enormous here for some reason. However, I couldn't find a smaller place with a shop for what I paid for this one.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PHD]
Members
1,963 posts
7,625 battles
On 6/21/2021 at 6:52 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am in the same place about the Tone.

But is seems there is an embargo on Tone reviews by WG. I have seen some but nothing from my usual sources, like LWM for instance.

It may be interesting to play but rather liminted by it's compromises.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
2 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

But is seems there is an embargo on Tone reviews by WG.

Rubbish.

I just went to Youtube, typed "WOWS Tone", and here are the first few hits I got.

image.thumb.png.e8a4d95bf01dad3e7326824f33dc4e6d.png 

Doesn't look like much of an embargo to me.

Little White Mouse has a huge backlog and is sometimes not in the best of health. I wouldn't consider it unusual that I haven't seen a review from her yet.

[PHD]
Members
1,963 posts
7,625 battles
On 6/22/2021 at 2:36 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Rubbish.

I just went to Youtube, typed "WOWS Tone", and here are the first few hits I got.

image.thumb.png.e8a4d95bf01dad3e7326824f33dc4e6d.png 

Doesn't look like much of an embargo to me.

Little White Mouse has a huge backlog and is sometimes not in the best of health. I wouldn't consider it unusual that I haven't seen a review from her yet.

Thanks for the consideration! I have done the same several times and just not seen much from my usual prefered sources. And many of them were just looking at the stats of the ship.

My takeaway is the Tone is a slightly gimped Atago (but with better concealment)  with a limited aircraft gimic. But it looks like WG increased the plane cooldown of the Ise to dissuade players from thinking it is some type of CV, probably a good thing.

I will probably get the ship, but like I think you stated, will wait utill my coupon can be applied in the Armory.

Very very sorry to hear Mouse is having health problems. I know she had a bad time with the vaccination. I love her reviews (especially the Asashio one), even about ships I have little interest. (even support her on Patreon, a little) But not just ship reviews but things like the IFHE rework and Commander Skills rework.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
17 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

just not seen much from my usual prefered sources.

It's always good to broaden your horizons. A different reviewer might or might not be to your taste, but they might have a take on the ship that you hadn't as yet considered. For example, Hayate has always had a bad press, and although I got it knowing exactly what I was getting into and am happy with what I got, others have not felt the same way. But recently Flambass went out and did a spectacular thing in it, suggesting that the ship might be underrated. Unfortunately her FXP price is exorbitant; and the strongest of the DD players who might have given her a good reputation understandably preferred to spend that FXP on Smaland, which is far stronger in the Clan Battles meta they prefer to play (co-operative team on voice comms ready to take full advantage of Smaland's radar) and does indeed represent a better use of the resources FOR THEM.

I'm increasingly starting to differ with Mouse's opinions on some new releases, particularly her views on how good the ships are in PvE. But the one thing I cannot ignore is that she knows the ships both statistically and by driving them; and that whether I agree with her or not, if I buy it there will be no hidden surprises.

[PHD]
Members
1,963 posts
7,625 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's always good to broaden your horizons. A different reviewer might or might not be to your taste, but they might have a take on the ship that you hadn't as yet considered. For example, Hayate has always had a bad press, and although I got it knowing exactly what I was getting into and am happy with what I got, others have not felt the same way. But recently Flambass went out and did a spectacular thing in it, suggesting that the ship might be underrated. Unfortunately her FXP price is exorbitant; and the strongest of the DD players who might have given her a good reputation understandably preferred to spend that FXP on Smaland, which is far stronger in the Clan Battles meta they prefer to play (co-operative team on voice comms ready to take full advantage of Smaland's radar) and does indeed represent a better use of the resources FOR THEM.

I'm increasingly starting to differ with Mouse's opinions on some new releases, particularly her views on how good the ships are in PvE. But the one thing I cannot ignore is that she knows the ships both statistically and by driving them; and that whether I agree with her or not, if I buy it there will be no hidden surprises.

I have the Hayate, but do not play tier 10 much.  It's and IJN DD therefore I have to aquire. The Tone will very likely be aquired for the same reason.

Destroyer Kuroshio did a good video on her.

In another thread someone asked about the Tone and a link to an Ahskance video with his thoughts on the hybrids that seems fair.