You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iBrowEcc0

i like to report this bot

48 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
329 posts
8,680 battles

I'm sure lot of you encounter this bot already.  I have played with  this bot with  a handful of times since the three days someone alerted me to him. This bot just yolos in.  

How do I go about reporting him?

first screenshot was taken on the 17th, 2nd just now 

524 random battles 3 days apart. 

[KSE]
Members
92 posts
17,144 battles

I posted this about a month ago with an replay attached. He is still there botting so idk 

[GGWP]
Members
7,638 posts
18,364 battles

They can't ban him, this is who the Puerto Rico dockyard was made for.

[WOLF6]
Members
329 posts
8,680 battles
10 minutes ago, Spaardacus said:

I posted this about a month ago with an replay attached. He is still there botting so idk 

i'm hoping if more players report him, wg would ban him.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,123 battles

Pretty sure he runs Georgia alot as well....

[WOLF6]
Members
329 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Do they have premium ships?

Yes, he primarily bots in Georgia 2k and Pommern 1.9k

Agir, Mainz, Kidd,  Kirov, Charleston, and Tachibana 

I don't know why he doesn't bot in co-op, less attention and annoy less players.

[KWF]
Members
6,584 posts
7,205 battles

@iBrowEcc0

Yes, he primarily bots in Georgia 2k and Pommern 1.9k

Agir, Mainz, Kidd,  Kirov, Charleston, and Tachibana 

I don't know why he doesn't bot in co-op, less attention and annoy less players.

My opinion (and from what I know other players as well), though denied by WG, is that not much action is taken against players who spend money. 

There's a specific botter that used to even post here. It's been 4 years and I still see him ruining battles with any of his premiums.

Edited by warheart1992

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,496 posts
18,252 battles
1 hour ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

How do I go about reporting him?

Morning captain,

WG would suggest you use the Player Support, top right of the website, and report someone who you are suspecting "botting"; to CS with attach replay/s.

regards,

• Funny 2

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,123 battles

[KSE]
Members
92 posts
17,144 battles
48 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I saw him on his georgia charging in as usual during the pirate bounty event. His secondaries actually killed a real yugumo player who also was yoloing trying to get the bounty.... 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,479 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

36%...good lord..even at my worst gameplay i was getting a 44% WR >.>

36%.  Let that sink in.  That's the opposite of a 64% unicum. 

OTOH, there are differently abled people playing WoWs too.  If it can be shown that he's not actually a bot, he deserves to play just as much as the rest of us potatoes.

894525283_Kitten-wrappedpotato.jpg.4d8e4ff740e6b75079dc1e88bab8b167.jpg

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,645 posts
7,873 battles
41 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

36%.  Let that sink in.  That's the opposite of a 64% unicum. 

OTOH, there are differently abled people playing WoWs too.  If it can be shown that he's not actually a bot, he deserves to play just as much as the rest of us potatoes.

894525283_Kitten-wrappedpotato.jpg.4d8e4ff740e6b75079dc1e88bab8b167.jpg

i mean yea, if hes an actual player then let him play, but uh..if they cant prove his not real its a problem.

OTOH, i know they ignore bots. Theres an entire clan of em in COOP thats been running rampant for months. Theyve been reported, and replays have been sent to wg from various players. Still around.

• Funny 1

Members
4,256 posts
15,033 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

My poor GA, getting run to the ground. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,652 posts
11,887 battles
4 hours ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

first screenshot was taken on the 17th, 2nd just now 

524 random battles 3 days apart.

This probably does not need to be said, but nonetheless let's do some math:

3 days equals 72 hours or 4,320 minutes divided by 524 battles equals an average battle time of 8.24 minutes.

So we have someone who is continuously running through battles every 8 minutes or so for three days straight......if not a bot then this is pretty dedicated playership...

[CK5]
Members
1,577 posts
16,305 battles

This botter is WG's ideal customer:  He plays constantly and never complains about anything. 

Edited by PrairiePlayer
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

[4_0_4]
Members
303 posts
1,814 battles
59 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

This probably does not need to be said, but nonetheless let's do some math:

3 days equals 72 hours or 4,320 minutes divided by 524 battles equals an average battle time of 8.24 minutes.

So we have someone who is continuously running through battles every 8 minutes or so for three days straight......if not a bot then this is pretty dedicated playership...

Note that is with no breaks for sleeping, eating, etc.  In other words, no chance that’s a real person.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,496 posts
18,252 battles

actually, i played a game and encountered such strange gaming style (oh boy, it so frustrated to see such event turn out). So to avoid forum violation, i follow up and proceed step of reporting.

7 hours ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

I reported this player

8 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

The comment from our @#$!@*%$ is wrong even he has been brainwashed to believe the goodwill of WG.

[ delete to avoid forum violation, mods also need to follow guideline too :Smile_child:

delete

delete]

"We recommend you to use in-game system of complements and complains. Click with right mouse button on player's nickname and then select a "Complain" point. Choose a "Plays poorly" out of provided options. We are constantly checking complaints that come from battles. This means that we will check much faster if the suspicious player is using bot programs and will take action if the violation is confirmed." 

I also get in contact with proper person who is in charge and ask for instruction/s.

[ delete

delete]

Please use the correct step of reporting a player who you think "botting". So guys, lets get together, do the right things together and see how thing going to be.

regards,

• Boring 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,645 posts
7,873 battles
8 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

actually, i played a game and encountered such strange gaming style (oh boy, it so frustrated to see such event turn out). So to avoid forum violation, i follow up and proceed step of reporting.

[ delete to avoid forum violation, mods also need to follow guideline too :Smile_child:

delete

delete]

"We recommend you to use in-game system of complements and complains. Click with right mouse button on player's nickname and then select a "Complain" point. Choose a "Plays poorly" out of provided options. We are constantly checking complaints that come from battles. This means that we will check much faster if the suspicious player is using bot programs and will take action if the violation is confirmed." 

I also get in contact with proper person who is in charge and ask for instruction/s.

[ delete

delete]

Please use the correct step of reporting a player who you think "botting". So guys, lets get together, do the right things together and see how thing going to be.

regards,

How long does it take for to review people who have been reported? Its been about 3 months since i first noticed the players im talkin about and nothing. Some have sent in replays, some have even posted about them on the forums.

They are almost always pink(from being "afk" or the team damage they do.) they only move when an enemy moves into their main batteries firing range, at which point they only sling HE and they sail in a straight line, and theres a clan of them.

its obnoxious, and due to obvious bots still being played despite reports it makes me seriously doubt wgs banning of bots.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,652 posts
11,887 battles

I do not want to get into trouble for even asking this (perhaps) ignorant question, but in the generalist of concepts how does one of these bot programs work, is it some executable script file or something like that or is it more complicated? (Apologies in advance if this a forum violation. I do not want to try to write one just interested in the concept.) Thanks....

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,373 battles

Folks,

At the end of the day, if you see someone playing like in a way that is not consistent with normal game play, submit a ticket with a replay.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[CVA16]
Members
6,764 posts
20,840 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

At the end of the day, if you see someone playing like in a way that is not consistent with normal game play, submit a ticket with a replay.

The problem is that players seem too think that reporting bot players is like reporting shoplifters in San Francisco. Nothing ever actually happens. Obviously if a whole clan has been reported for months and is still at it, there is a perception that the reporting process is futile.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,373 battles
18 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The problem is that players seem too think that reporting bot players is like reporting shoplifters in San Francisco. Nothing ever actually happens. Obviously if a whole clan has been reported for months and is still at it, there is a perception that the reporting process is futile.

I cannot share details, but I will tell you, botting is NOT as big an issue as some think on the NA server.

-Hapa

[CVA16]
Members
6,764 posts
20,840 battles
8 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I cannot share details, but I will tell you, botting is NOT as big an issue as some think on the NA server.

I haven't seen/suspected it very often in my years of play but I have seen it. Never made an official report, 

Of course currently I'm playing mostly coop so one more green bot is usually a good thing and I probably wouldn't even notice. At least now that they have that 2/7 issue fixed.