You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

Are BB lines worth getting to T10?

24 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

3rd account. Gone so long, meta changed, I might as well be a new player. Are BBs worth getting to T10? They seem like damage farms for all other ship types. If so, what lines would you recommend?

Members
22 posts
3,109 battles
12 minutes ago, Igiby100 said:

3rd account. Gone so long, meta changed, I might as well be a new player. Are BBs worth getting to T10? They seem like damage farms for all other ship types. If so, what lines would you recommend?

It really depends. If you are an average player BB's are kind of like a roller coaster. You can have absolutely amazing games, followed by half a dozen games of nothing but pain.  If you are a purple boi BB's are just another day at the office like any other ship class.

Edited by slimj091
grammar

[WOLFB]
Members
1,036 posts
38,200 battles

Most all tier tens BB are worth it (Italian might not be ? I find it weak in many battles and extremely strong in a few)

But the rest are well worth it!

[CVA16]
Members
6,722 posts
20,690 battles

The Commonwealth line is definitely worth it. As is the Pan European.:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

I am average or slightly below average. My one skill is a tolerance for almost any playstyle.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,526 posts
12,868 battles

The French line is pretty good lots of good tech tree BBs fun to play . 

[-N-]
Members
311 posts
18,485 battles

Yes, with the exception of the Italians and the Germans, where you're better off stopping at 9 and 8 respectively.

• Thanks 1

[_BDA_]
Members
617 posts
9,681 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

The Commonwealth line is definitely worth it. As is the Pan European.:Smile_trollface:

I detect a comedian.  

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
7,280 battles

BBs currently have very little agency.  I'm regrinding Yamato for RB points just to shake things up from the normal cruiser/DD reset and you just don't have a lot of impact on the game compared to those classes.

Members
3,239 posts
591 battles
4 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

mfonbvQ.gif

[NMKJT]
Members
3,324 posts
8,518 battles
5 hours ago, Igiby100 said:

BBs are if you like BB. But they are also the most sluggishly handling and huge of all the BBs. And T10 gameplay is kind of an acquirred taste, it's extremely deliberate with mistakes punished heavily, as well as most aggression.

3 hours ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

Yes, with the exception of the Italians and the Germans, where you're better off stopping at 9 and 8 respectively.

Nah, FDG is far superior to Biscuit nowadays for tier.

[-N-]
Beta Testers
268 posts
6,719 battles

Russian line the easiest and most OP line.

[KRAK]
Members
1,649 posts
16,844 battles
7 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

BBs are if you like BB. But they are also the most sluggishly handling and huge of all the BBs. And T10 gameplay is kind of an acquirred taste, it's extremely deliberate with mistakes punished heavily, as well as most aggression.

Nah, FDG is far superior to Biscuit nowadays for tier.

I agree, and have will be researching the GK soon, but not moving coinage and captains its way.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles

I have Montana, Republique, and GK, and I like playing all of them.

Montana and Republique certainly offer advantages over their predecessors, GK not so much, but it's still fun if you like to play "in your face".

[KRAK]
Members
1,649 posts
16,844 battles
11 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I have Montana, Republique, and GK, and I like playing all of them.

Montana and Republique certainly offer advantages over their predecessors, GK not so much, but it's still fun if you like to play "in your face".

I have have Montana, but actually like Bismarck, FDG better than North Carolina, Iowa. I have the 420 mm FDG setup.

Edited by Ericson38

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
8 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I have have Montana, but actually like Bismarck, FDG better than North Carolina, Iowa. I have the 420 mm FDG setup.

I like NC better than Bismarck, but FDG better than Iowa.

GK vs. Iowa, it pretty much depends how the match plays out.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
7 minutes ago, ErikTheVikingMoose said:

Republique, best kept secret in the game...love mine

Yeah, that ROF is insane.

When I had Deadeye on it.......lol.

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

Can I ask another question then? Montana or Vermont? As I have stated in other question threads I started, my only skills are fast learning (ish) and a tolerance for any playstyle.

[CDOH]
Members
955 posts
8,620 battles

Just play conqueror.  Its the best T10 randoms bb.  Consistent HE damage with super heal and concealment.   Not the most fun but its probably the meta pick now.  Vermont is a terrible ship.  It is glacially slow. The guns are great. The reload is terrible. It can't defend it self at all and depends on the team support.  Monty is better if you want to pick a US BB.  But i really think the meta pick is Conqueror.

Edited by Rothgar_57

[TOTEN]
Beta Testers
251 posts
6,468 battles

Eh.... I stopped grinding for Conqueror after I got Thunderer. I didnt see a point in having both. GK is either insanely good or insanely bad. Its never average. I enjoy Montana much more than Iowa, but once I finally get Ohio I dont know if I will keep it.... probably, just for the halloween camo I have for it. I dont have it but Kremlin seems powerful. Shikishima and Yamato will always have a use with their overmatch. Players far better than I can get monster games out of Vermont but so far I have failed with her.

[CDOH]
Members
955 posts
8,620 battles
22 minutes ago, Enforcer017 said:

Eh.... I stopped grinding for Conqueror after I got Thunderer. I didnt see a point in having both. GK is either insanely good or insanely bad. Its never average. I enjoy Montana much more than Iowa, but once I finally get Ohio I dont know if I will keep it.... probably, just for the halloween camo I have for it. I dont have it but Kremlin seems powerful. Shikishima and Yamato will always have a use with their overmatch. Players far better than I can get monster games out of Vermont but so far I have failed with her.

There is a point to grinding Conqueror.  The super heal.  You can out tank any Thunderer. The heal lets you live to the late game consistently if you know how to maximize your concealment.  The ship is a fantastic in this meta better than Thunderer. 

Edited by Rothgar_57

[TOTEN]
Beta Testers
251 posts
6,468 battles
45 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

There is a point to grinding Conqueror.  The super heal.  You can out tank any Thunderer. The heal lets you live to the late game consistently if you know how to maximize your concealment.  The ship is a fantastic in this meta better than Thunderer. 

I see. I always felt like the extra heal that Thunderer has made up for it in the long run. Maybe not.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,977 posts
18,304 battles
On 6/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, Igiby100 said:

They are very much worth it and yes they are damage farms. Consider them armor for your team.