You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

What DD lines to take to T10?

8 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

I am on my third account. I have been gone so long that I might as well be a new player. I am asking similar questions of all ship types. What DD lines would you recommend taking to T10? I like all playstyles.

Edited by Igiby100
Grammar, clarity, and conciseness.

Members
104 posts
1,486 battles

I've gotten the following DD lines to T10: Pan EU (Halland), French (Kleber), US (Gearing), and UK (Daring). I did research Harugumo, but for reasons I'm about to highlight, I did not buy it.

In-short, I find the T9 destroyers of these lines above to be much better a) tier-for-tier and b) for the overall game enjoyment vs. meta. I don't enjoy T10 a whole lot; the only ships I still play there are Des Moines (because... well, it's just awesome), Gearing (because it's very similar to Fletcher and hence, very comfortable to play) and Daring (because I SUCK at it and am trying to become better).
I have no interest in playing Halland or Kleber anymore. I find that the improvements over T9 aren't enough to compensate for the T10 meta just being less enjoyable overall. One exception to this is Marceau, but that's also not  tech-tree ship.

I'm considering putting my high-points commanders back to T9 boats and just not play T10s much honestly.

So the answer to your question would then be 'whatever lines you enjoyed playing overall'. The T10s are just slightly-better versions of the T9 boats.

• Thanks 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,302 battles
27 minutes ago, Igiby100 said:

I am on my third account. I have been gone so long that I might as well be a new player. I am asking similar questions of all ship types. What DD liens would you recommend taking to T10?

T10 Clan Battles>?  T10 Randoms?  

Let's assume T10 Clan Battles.  @Count_pott has some suggestions that make sense.   I like the Halland because it is an Anti-Aircraft DD.....  I play the Harugumo because I am an IJN Main.  I also play the Shimakaze.  I have tried the daring and I just don't see it as being in the style of play I use.  

Depends on what you like to do !  Pew-Pew = Harugumo.  Hide and torp = Shimakaze.  Slink around massacre airplanes and ships beyond 12K = Halland.   it's what works for what you like to do !

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

Gearing or Daring? I like all gameplay types, and while I am not good, I learn fast.

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
49 minutes ago, Igiby100 said:

I am on my third account. I have been gone so long that I might as well be a new player. I am asking similar questions of all ship types. What DD liens would you recommend taking to T10?

Many of the DD lines play completely different so the question would revolve around what you like or think you would like to play.

Do you like smokeless gunboating (French), smoky gunboating (IJN), smoky torp and gunboats (Brit and US), stealth torping (IJN again), Russian and Pan EU have their own styles. Many will love or hate each of those,

Much of any recommendation is based on what you like.

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
7,280 battles

Brit DD for sure.  There are other good lines, but brit DDs are far and away the best currently.  If you want to play something alongside that, the Z-52 line is actually very good I think and well worth playing.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
6 hours ago, Igiby100 said:

I am on my third account. I have been gone so long that I might as well be a new player. I am asking similar questions of all ship types. What DD lines would you recommend taking to T10? I like all playstyles.

TBH, I have everything to T9 (and the T10 is quite similar, only a straight upgrade) or T10, except the PA DDs and the new KM DDs.

My answer to your question is, any and all of them. Not a stinker in the bunch.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
5 hours ago, Igiby100 said:

Gearing or Daring? I like all gameplay types, and while I am not good, I learn fast.

Gearing is probably my favorite, but Daring is fun also.

Seriously, just pick one, (other than PA or new KM, only because I can't comment) you really can't make a bad choice.