You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

What CA/CL lines should I take to T10?

12 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

I have been looking to take some cruisers to T10. I am in my third account, but I quit so long ago that the meta has changed completely, and I might as well be new. Does anyone have any advice about which cruiser lines to take? 

[RBMK]
Members
2,325 posts
36,489 battles

Probably the Russian line first for the little to no neural activity required to play Petro.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,217 posts
14,629 battles

Both Russian lines are great all the way up (with the exception of Tallinn, still really dislike that ship). The German line is pretty reliable and fun to play if you like kiters. I’m just about finished my grind up the Italian CA line and it’s been a very enjoyable experience since t5.

As far as strength and skill ceiling goes, DM is still one of the top ships, and the rest of the line’s still decent. But with the prevalence of planes, long range engagements, and 30mm overmatch it’s more of a struggle to play well in comp (especially CB). I’ve also heard a lot of good things about Mino, but so far that line hasn’t been as enjoyable as some others for me. 

[WORX]
Members
14,144 posts
20,593 battles

None of the above...

If you have to partake in the high tier in game experiance... I recommend

• RU line
  • Minotaur
    • Both RADAR and SMOKE.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,347 posts
13,082 battles

Even though I don't play KM cruisers, the line starting at t8 is solid. In both survivability, range and accuracy. Built in 50mm HE pen means Hipper, Room and Prinze Eugene laugh at Stalin's barges; even if they have 50mm plating. Soap on IFHE and even the likes of Kremlin fear your HE. They're apex cruisers: KM.

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,718 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Even though I don't play KM cruisers, the line starting at t8 is solid. In both survivability, range and accuracy. Built in 50mm HE pen means Hipper, Room and Prinze Eugene laugh at Stalin's barges; even if they have 50mm plating. Soap on IFHE and even the likes of Kremlin fear your HE. They're apex cruisers: KM.

🤮🤢🤮 HE spamming KM cruisers  

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,515 posts

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/4273911792,Des-Moines/

Scroll down and you will see all the higher-tier CAs and CLs for comparison. Among the CAs, the "pay to win" Stalingrad still rules the roost, by far. The Des Moines, though I still like to play it, comes in pretty much last in damage.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles

I'm fond of the British Heavy Cruiser line.
So far, I've reached Tier-9 with the Drake.
I'm curious about the Tier-10 Goliath.

Only a few of the Tech-tree Japanese ships have torpedo-launching arcs that I like, the Furutaka is one of them.
The Atago (and her premium sister-ships) is still fun to play, though.  And I like the Azuma Tier-9 and the Yoshino Tier-10.

Can't say much more, as I've faced plenty of ships as opponents, but haven't welcomed all of them to my Port.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,347 posts
13,082 battles
2 hours ago, Copperhead550 said:

🤮🤢🤮 HE spamming KM cruisers  

Believe me, when your on the receiving end of +50mm HE pen, you'll understand. :cap_win:

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
6 hours ago, Igiby100 said:

I have been looking to take some cruisers to T10. I am in my third account, but I quit so long ago that the meta has changed completely, and I might as well be new. Does anyone have any advice about which cruiser lines to take? 

What kind of playstyle do you like?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,700 posts
26,591 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Believe me, when your on the receiving end of +50mm HE pen, you'll understand. :cap_win:

It was a bit funny when WG undid the Hindenburg nerf.  Before her nerf, with MBM3, she had an 8.8 seconds reload.  There had been changes between the nerf and the reversal of it, so when WG undid it, her reload is actually faster now than it was before the nerf:  8.6 seconds with MBM3.  It's a very minor difference, but IMO hilarious to anyone that pays attention to the details of this game... Which obviously WG fails to do.

Anyways, the German CA 50mm HE Pen... I felt it when I played my USN and German BBs.  Typically with even High Tier USN BB Deck Armor being 38mm, a number of HE shells still land on them, which causes even normal 203mm HE to non-pen.  Baltimore for example, in Tier VIII has 34mm HE Pen to her 203mm guns, which is standard for the gun size.  It helps in damage mitigation when you deal with less raw HE Pens.  But the German CAs with their 203mm / 210mmm (Yorck) having that high HE Pen, each of those shells, unless the land on main battery turrets, most Battleships will feel it.

German CAs aren't the highest damage dealers, but you feel the pressure of steady HE Pens from them, even when using German BBs with their fancy 50mm deck armor.  Hindenburg is annoying because she has plenty of guns that fire fast.  German HE tend to be low HE alpha dmg and mediocre fire chances, but Hindenburg's ROF can make up for the difference and put you ablaze.  The steady pressure of fast firing German 203mm x12 with 50mm HE Pen isn't fun being on the receiving end of.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 1