Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PFCWilliams

Grand Battle ruined by the worst players in WoWs

48 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
39 posts
3,296 battles

Played a couple G.B.'s now, the worst players I have ever seen in this game and more AFK's than I have ever seen. 

And when I say worst players in WoWS, that is saying A LOT!!!  I have seen so many players with 5k+ games who play like they are brain dead, in regular PvP, and most of the people I see in Grand Battles are even worse than that. 

And really nice to see you can AFK through everything and won't be punished.  GG Wargaming. 

Nice idea, I will not play it again at all. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 5
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
529
[VORTX]
Members
688 posts
8,868 battles

W and L don’t count. Have at it, get into a brawl. Have fun, no pressure. It’s great game mode. 
 

randoms and CB I always have to play to win, in this mode, it doesn’t matter. Just have a good time and play how you want.

  • Cool 12
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
193
[OGF]
Members
419 posts
7,829 battles
8 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Just have a good time and play how you want.

Wait, are we sure this is legal?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
529
[VORTX]
Members
688 posts
8,868 battles
15 minutes ago, buglips said:

Wait, are we sure this is legal?

Pretty sure. It’s pretty nice to be relieved of stats.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts

It was not like people pointed this out in testing:

Players want to play super-BBs; super-BBs are gated behind participation rewards and you need to play 3 games in order to get them. So people hop into their french DDs etc. and yolo like hell to get three games in to play the super-BB. Stats don't count, almost everyone is doing it etc.

So, who is surprised that this game mode is filled with people just yoloing to get the intelligence reports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
3,109 battles
17 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

It was not like people pointed this out in testing:

Players want to play super-BBs; super-BBs are gated behind participation rewards and you need to play 3 games in order to get them. So people hop into their french DDs etc. and yolo like hell to get three games in to play the super-BB. Stats don't count, almost everyone is doing it etc.

So, who is surprised that this game mode is filled with people just yoloing to get the intelligence reports?

I didn't realize that until just now. Makes sense why I've seen so many people yoloing. The part that sucks is that when you get enough intel to get a super BB match, and your team yolo's leaving you outnumbered. They probably should have made it that you get more intel for winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts

This is recurring thing, you can see it on most test servers as well. It is also one of the reasons why WG pushes to test on the live server, preferably in randoms. People play different when it "doesn't count" towards their main account or stats.

Best example for this was the PTS with the new captain skills. People were trying all different kind of things, but played different or way more aggressive than usual. Wanna see how the new secondaries work? Guess I'll take Massa or Bismarck and charge righ tin, etc. .

Then again, lots of folks seem unhappy with seemingly skill-gated or performance-gated rewards. Ranked is a good example for that one.

Well, can't make 'em all happy.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,531
[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,313 posts
15,106 battles

Yeah, I had a few Grand Battles that were pathetic. Saw people playing the super BBs that didn't have any tech tree ships beyond tier 5 or 6 and playing predictably horribly. I've gone up against Satsumas while sailing the Satsuma myself who were spamming HE at me while I was repeatedly clapping them with AP.

In that regard, Grand Battles are horribly designed since WG hands the keys to a tier 10 to players who do not have the experience to play them. Sure, they might not have the tier 9s or 10s needed to reliably play them numerous times but it's still ruining the mode for everyone else.

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[4_0_4]
Members
291 posts
1,757 battles

To be fair, I’ve seen plenty of people playing to win even without stats or another driver.  I haven’t noticed a difference in play quality or an increase in AFKs relative to Randoms.  It’s nice to get out and have fun without worrying about stats, and if I want to try something risky there’s no penalty.  It’s also been mildly less toxic than randoms as well, and the Super Battleships are amusing.  Great way to build up ECXP and grind your Tier 9s.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

The super bb's are there to scare children.

Ive sunk 4 hannovers so far. Hold one Zplan award.

Earlier today sunk a human carrier in his midway when he failed to get moving. Even when one of his planes briefly busted me at 7km until my smoke covered it at the back wall behind him.

Win or loss does not matter in GB, just the reports. I finished those missions anyway and Im finished with the two Super BB's They are nothing special. Just 125 K of hull which is farmed to oblivion soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
682
[NMKJT]
Members
3,324 posts
8,518 battles

It amuses me to routinely play Marco Polo of all things and usually be the top BB on scoreboard, with the superBBs right at the bottom. This mode was never gonna be good for anything but screwing around like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040
[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,555 battles
3 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

W and L don’t count. Have at it, get into a brawl. Have fun, no pressure. It’s great game mode. 
 

randoms and CB I always have to play to win, in this mode, it doesn’t matter. Just have a good time and play how you want.

its a great way to grind out the XP on the high ships as well.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[-A-8-]
Members
23 posts
9,176 battles

I don't know.....I really like the Paulo Emilio in Grand battles.....such a target rich environment.  A lot of fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

its a great way to grind out the XP on the high ships as well.

Using it to finish up my Buffalo..somehow ive been top o the board in each match..with the stock range...

But hey, 220k game in my Friesland. 10/10 love that boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040
[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,555 battles
29 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Using it to finish up my Buffalo..somehow ive been top o the board in each match..with the stock range...

But hey, 220k game in my Friesland. 10/10 love that boat.

I ground up my Soviet DD line as well as working on my German DD line.

It's actually quite sad when I am at the top or near top of the board in a loss as the German and RU DD lines are not my best ones..... I prefer the stealth ninja line of IJN and also the US DD lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,159
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts

I've played it enough to check out both of the special ships, I really can't see playing it any more though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I've played it enough to check out both of the special ships, I really can't see playing it any more though.

Am i the only one who thinks they could just be added to the game, without the gimmick of course? Like..they arent great.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,814 posts
24,299 battles
5 hours ago, PFCWilliams said:

Played a couple G.B.'s now, the worst players I have ever seen in this game and more AFK's than I have ever seen. 

And when I say worst players in WoWS, that is saying A LOT!!!  I have seen so many players with 5k+ games who play like they are brain dead, in regular PvP, and most of the people I see in Grand Battles are even worse than that. 

And really nice to see you can AFK through everything and won't be punished.  GG Wargaming. 

Nice idea, I will not play it again at all. 

Players are playing for tokens to get the big bb asap...

Thus they suicide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040
[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,555 battles
12 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Am i the only one who thinks they could just be added to the game, without the gimmick of course? Like..they arent great.

I agree.

Despite their size, they have the same flaws as their 'smaller' sisters, Yamato and GK.

Satsuma has the same cheek citadel spot as Yamato, and Hannover's dispersion stinks and it very easy to set on fire.

People also seem to forget they can turn, and they eat alot of torpedos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
474 posts
8,668 battles

I got caught on some rocks.  A mix of the ship not responding as soon as I expected, and new rocks on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
21 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I agree.

Despite their size, they have the same flaws as their 'smaller' sisters, Yamato and GK.

Satsuma has the same cheek citadel spot as Yamato, and Hannover's dispersion stinks and it very easy to set on fire.

People also seem to forget they can turn, and they eat alot of torpedos

Yup, i thought theyd be amazingingly OP..but they arent. Meh boats to the extreme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[BB22]
Members
92 posts
8,115 battles
5 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

It was not like people pointed this out in testing:

Players want to play super-BBs; super-BBs are gated behind participation rewards and you need to play 3 games in order to get them. So people hop into their french DDs etc. and yolo like hell to get three games in to play the super-BB. Stats don't count, almost everyone is doing it etc.

So, who is surprised that this game mode is filled with people just yoloing to get the intelligence reports?

Nah.

I'm a DD main and I'm loving every minute of it.  85 intelligence reports gathered, haven't taken anything but a DD out in it yet and probably won't.

Big, dumb boats plodding around... few radar cruisers... little to no Skycancer...

I just settle my little Haragumo in an nice, comfy place and LIGHT THEM UP!!!!

 

Shimakaze will be making an appearance soon...

Edited by Nota_Chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Am i the only one who thinks they could just be added to the game, without the gimmick of course? Like..they arent great.

I think they can throw those things into the game. But I see them as HUGE farming sources.

I worked on one tonight wrecking him down to 2000 or so hull underfire from two of his escorts. So someone else can sink him. The team had lost anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,159
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts
21 minutes ago, Nota_Chance said:

 85 intelligence reports gathered, haven't taken anything but a DD out in it yet and probably won't.

What do you do with all those intelligence reports if you don't play the special BBs? Are they exchangeable for something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×