You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dragonryu

Best Tier 10 Destroyer

Best Tier X Destroyer   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Best Tier X Destroyer

• Shimakaze
    • Harugumo
    • Gearing
    • Khabarovsk
    • Grozovoi
    • Elbing
    • Z-52
    • Daring
    • Kleber
    • Yueyang
    • Halland

17 comments in this topic

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,110 posts
13,462 battles

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to yeet torpedoes forever, Shima and Halland are going to do far better than Kleber and Marceau.

Beta Testers
99 posts
20,465 battles

That really depends on your preferred play style. How high up the respective lines have you gotten?

[NINE]
Members
19 posts
2,371 battles

I have the Vasteras Nicholas Akatsuki Minekaze Izyaslav V-170 Medea Fusiler the Longjiang and I think that is all of them so I haven't really done much grinding on any of them

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,652 battles

Biggest thing is play style. Do you enjoy HE spamming all day long or spam torps all day long or a mix of the 2

[NINE]
Members
19 posts
2,371 battles

Also Compassghost I like to be a torp boat but I have not really done gun boats yet so I'm not sure 

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,652 battles

Shima or halland would be best DD’s then for you, Z-52 can be used as a torpedo boat too but with usable guns

[SPTR]
Members
27,686 posts
18,264 battles

Torpedoing, shima would be an obvious choice through other next contenders would be Gearing and Halland.

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,332 battles
1 hour ago, Dragonryu said:

Also Compassghost I like to be a torp boat but I have not really done gun boats yet so I'm not sure 

then, go shima first, smoke helps a lot. but the one i would say is the best line, is the Daring 

[MUG-T]
Members
782 posts
4,262 battles

I love my Gearing, but in the current meta, Daring probably has a slight edge. Kleber might be better, but very hard to play.

[T-D-M]
Members
128 posts
18,554 battles

When I was faced with this decision years ago we did not have many choices. So I went for Gearing at the top of the U.S. line. In doing so, I gained my most used DD VII Mahan. Which is a really fun toe to toe fighting ship. This was followed by VIII Benson, IX Fletcher, and finally X Gearing. In these four ships I have over 1,200 random battles with ~50% W/R and that rate is what I have strived for since I started playing WOWS. Everyone gets a 50/50 chance too beat me. ;)

Now there are many more DD lines to choose from as your list above shows and I have no idea how those others play. So I will be reading what other players have to say to you. To become more enlightened to the current state of destroyer game play.

Most important thing is to have fun.

b6b5403c-d573-11ea-9751-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,452 battles

Daring is probably the answer. Fast reloading smokes hydro, good HE, great AP, hard hitting torps, good detection, fair AA, and a Heal to boot. Slow speed is its really only significant weakness, but the rest of the features heavily outweigh that. I'ts a monster when played correctly. 

Honorable mentions would be Halland and Kleber if you want either torps for days (Halland) or monstrous speed and lots of guns (Kleber).

Beta Testers
194 posts
13,723 battles

only got the Gearing so here it goes

Gearing

Pros -   decent gunfighter , long range torpedoes , decent AA for a DD , good concealment , even better if equipped with " Improved Hull Concealment" upgrade from the Armory for research points .  Between a  Commanders 4 point concealment skill , camo paint and the IHC upgrade installed , detectability by Sea = 5.6 km   Air = 2.6 km  Assured= 2 km   Detectability when firing guns in smoke = 2.8 km.   Got Smoke and a choice between Engine Boost or Defensive AA Fire .

Cons -  No Hydro . No Radar.  No Heals.  'nuff said there.

[NINE]
Members
19 posts
2,371 battles

I like to be torp boat and it looks like the torp boat with most votes is Halland so I will get that

[MONGO]
[MONGO]
Members
2 posts
5,336 battles

Daring can do everything.  Not necessarily the best at any one thing, but also doesn't have to rely on any one thing.  Pretty versatile.  Halland is good too, but the torps don't hit very hard, no smoke to break contact, no defensive hydro etc.