Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
timinindiana

Is Experience calculated in Random game MM mode

6 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
282 posts

I have been told WG calculates experience when determining MM games in Random game mode. I have also been told they do not. I am asking for a reason. I am chronicling My WR over time in Devonshire to test a theory I have had since my experience I had in GC a year or so ago. If someone could give me a definitive answer that would be great. I will post my thoughts and my theory when I hit 100 games in Devonshire and get some feedback on my thoughts.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,318 posts

According to WG MM only looks at ship types tiers and how often you've been bottom tiered when creating matches.

[AOI]
Members
282 posts
49 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

According to WG MM only looks at ship types tiers and how often you've been bottom tiered when creating matches.

thanks

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,177 battles
1 hour ago, timinindiana said:

I have been told WG calculates experience when determining MM games in Random game mode. I have also been told they do not. I am asking for a reason. I am chronicling My WR over time in Devonshire to test a theory I have had since my experience I had in GC a year or so ago. If someone could give me a definitive answer that would be great. I will post my thoughts and my theory when I hit 100 games in Devonshire and get some feedback on my thoughts.

Without having the source code for the MM, a "definitive" answer can't be had.....  An observation:  skill is a tough metric to calculate in a "cooperative shooter" that isn't even a meritocracy nor a skill progression game...!   Even if you look at how effective you shooting is, because it is a cooperative shooter, what everyone else brings to the match and does, affects your effectiveness..... 

So, what is GuD?  Isn't some unique value because any value comes from the actions of others.............other than, how accurate you are (wins and losses....)  Although, accurate in this game doesn't correlate to winning necessarily.....  Now, with a population shift this past two year plus, there isn't a random distribution of player skills anymore.  No Random Distribution of skill means a 1D MM will still fill matches via ship BUT, the skill disparities start to emerge and you find that stomps become the new normal, which, changes your individual accuracy metrics......  And, here we are......  The only relevant metric in a game designed as a non-skill based cooperative shooter is:   FUN....  Nothing else is relevant.

[HOLE]
Members
260 posts
2,366 battles

My experience from another game that tried the SBMM brought blow outs down in a big way but it came with so called skilled players beating the door down calling it unfair and bias. How is placing player's of equal skill on each team bias or unfair?  When battles are becoming stagnant due to constant blow out's. Its time to look for a change to correct it. If you had team play, then maybe Wg wouldn't need either but that will never happen due to two things. Stat's and ego's. Some people it's a game and other's its their lives I guess? Experience is questionable since I have seen people sit back and hardly engage but come out on top or within 3 slots. Those who get up there and often fight, don't really get rewarded for it. I know. i was one of those people who got kills and good damage only to be place half way down or close to the bottom. Since I know don't do that. I have placed better staying back and just farming and preventing. I started to notice my win rates move in a positive direction even though I could care less. I'm here for the fun. I don't just play one or two classes of ship's either.

As to WG determines MM. That's always going to be a question mark. All I know if this nerfing and buffing has done nothing but make player's upset either way. When WG figures out that testing and playing their game with employee's only and good data from each ship performance both in testing and random battles. Maybe then they could balance the game its self?  Player's opinion's are rarely correct due to personal play style. Not everyone plays that ship the same way. This has nothing to do with win rate because they can be achieved in many different ways of play style. 

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
3 hours ago, timinindiana said:

I have been told WG calculates experience when determining MM games in Random game mode. I have also been told they do not. I am asking for a reason.

It does, to a certain extent. A player with 200 battles or fewer is a "newbie" & will only fight other "newbies." However, if they reach Tier 5 or higher before playing 200 battles, the games considers them to be too good for "newbie" status & allows them to fight more experienced players on the server. Going back to low tiers will stop this(until they hit 200 battles). 

The reason is to stop new players from getting hammered at low tiers by experienced players, which can cause them to quit early.

No other experience is factored in. The reason for that is because you can play 3000 games and still be a :etc_swear: player. Or you can do very well, play correctly, but have your winrate brought down by knuckleheads' antics. Random MM is random.

Sign in to follow this