Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MarcusBlackwell78

If it was not Broke why fix it CV rockets !

35 comments in this topic

[HSMTM]
Members
2 posts
4,160 battles

Well they Nerfed  Rocket Attack This is not Good plus when planes do go for attack they have a hang time in the air so all planes can get killed in one run the delay make even a well times shot miss. It was never Broke to Begin So It is my hope all cv players well let the DD run wild until other players Cry to change it back , From all the  BB getting Dog piled end Rant Thumbs down to the bad dev Who made this Happen YOU !  sir have my Disrespect for LIFE ! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 8

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,594 battles

Go into training mode, set for 12 vs 12, add 12 destroyers to the enemy team and set for no gun fire.  kill everyone of them with rockets and when you are done... you'll be better with them in randoms etc.

Also everyone! WG has made it so you have to protect your CV from DD's if they get on them.

Rockets: As soon as you set your way point, click again to regain control of the the next group of planes... no need to sit there and watch the animation.

You can even have new planes taking off before your rockets land if you're fast enough.

If you haven't used Tiny Tims', now is the time to try them out.

Edited by LostDawg
  • Cool 1

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles

Wargaming this year has made it a point of “fixing” things that are not broken like the 100% unnecessary total rework of the skills. So don’t be surprised when they continue that trend.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles

The problem is that it was broken; destroyers were getting hammered just a little too hard. WG tried dialling back the number of rockets on some planes, but it wasn't helping much. So we have this fix.

I do think they've over-fixed it a bit, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the lag time getting reduced in a patch or two.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
10 posts
9,158 battles

Is this hang-time different for every nation or CV? And getting hit more with that hang-time that was added.

Going from a kraken with at least 50 rocket hits in a match last week to 5 in the first match after the nerf. You done f'd up WGing, again. The trash just keeps piling up from this company.

Edited by SirFrenchDip

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Except for KMS CV TB and Lex/Midway DB, CVs are hard-pressed now to hit DDs with their arsenal.

I've shifted over to anti-CR/BB work. Teammates are responsible for anything anti-DD. They have a problem with it? They'll need to complain to WG to have my rocket planes unnerfed.

A wiser compromise might've been having the entire rocket squad be the attack squad, along with this attack delay. TBH, let it be an on/off toggle in port. This way CVs have something mostly reliable for anti-DD work or pure damage.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
5 hours ago, MarcusBlackwell78 said:

Well they Nerfed  Rocket Attack This is not Good plus when planes do go for attack they have a hang time in the air so all planes can get killed in one run the delay make even a well times shot miss. It was never Broke to Begin So It is my hope all cv players well let the DD run wild until other players Cry to change it back , From all the  BB getting Dog piled end Rant Thumbs down to the bad dev Who made this Happen YOU !  sir have my Disrespect for LIFE ! 

Title = it was broken, that is why it was changed.

This is not good? = This is good, because it was broken.

Hang Time = go watch Ahskance's last stream, someone else cried about the planes hanging and being killed, he showed that doesn't happen.

It wasn't broke = yes it was, so WG have changed it and will continue to monitor to see if the change is acceptable.

DDs run wild = :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy: (like all the other times a change has meant they will run wild)....and they haven't.

• Thanks 2

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,978 battles
8 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

This is good, because it was broken

Where was this established?  I've seen a lot of Forumites claiming it was broken - we can chalk some of that up to typical "CVs=The Sky Is Falling!" and some up to self-serving DD mains (not all of them of course, but certainly some, as certainly some complaining about the Rocket nerf are self-serving CV mains) - but was this actually stated by WG?

If it was I haven't seen it - I certainly may have missed it.

You yourself made the assertion (in a different thread I believe) about the nerf itself being proof it was needed - and you're probably right - but has WG actually said it was broken?  If not it only adds some fuel to the theory-fire that the change is only because of whining on the part of some DD mains.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
Just now, crazyeightyfive said:

Where was this established?  I've seen a lot of Forumites claiming it was broken - we can chalk some of that up to typical "CVs=The Sky Is Falling!" and some up to self-serving DD mains (not all of them of course, but certainly some, as certainly some complaining about the Rocket nerf are self-serving CV mains) - but was this actually stated by WG?

If it was I haven't seen it - I certainly may have missed it.

You yourself made the assertion (in a different thread I believe) about the nerf itself being proof it was needed - and you're probably right - but has WG actually said it was broken?  If not it only adds some fuel to the theory-fire that the change is only because of whining on the part of some DD mains.

It is established in that it was not working as the game creators (WG) had intended - hence the change.

Relatively simple logic. :Smile_honoring:

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,978 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It is established in that it was not working as the game creators (WG) had intended - hence the change.

Fair enough - remember that sword swings both ways though.

Changes you may not be happy with are thus, probably good for the game.

image.thumb.png.9e8cf1749639259c5e5994636fe1c63f.png

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
1 minute ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Fair enough - remember that sword swings both ways though.

Changes you may not be happy with are thus, probably good for the game.

image.thumb.png.9e8cf1749639259c5e5994636fe1c63f.png

:Smile_teethhappy: Remember the sword swings both ways - be careful what you wish for! Yada yada, things said by those who are just sulking.

Fact is I play all ship types so whatever nerfs that WG implements and whatever buffs they implement - I will experience. The only time the above phrases work is when people make the assumption there is bias - and that is all them. :Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,940 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Simpler logic would have been to leave RTS the hell alone.

Get rid of Strafe, which was being used to bully lesser skilled CV drivers, get rid of manual attacks, which were being used to bully regular ships, which makes auto attacks the norm, thus opening up the reticle for more possibilities to dodge, make the spotting and damage changes.

Auto attacks had an angle of attack adjustment tab; the proper use of which was as ‘skill,’ auto attacks were not just ‘dumb’ point and click drops.

AA would still be a functional mechanic, and wouldn’t have the current moronic dodge exploit.

But hey; WG is congenitally incapable of solving things simply, especially when someone comes up with some ‘grand idea for change,’ and is too important to be told NO.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
5 hours ago, MarcusBlackwell78 said:

So It is my hope all cv players well let the DD run wild until other players Cry to change it back , From all the  BB getting Dog piled...

Well, from the looks of things, you were already letting DDs run wild.

And that's a great attitude, something happened that you don't like, so you hope everybody else's games get ruined.

GTFO.

Edited by Skpstr

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,978 battles

those who are just sulking

assumption there is bias

Self Awareness Level: 0.009%  :cap_like:

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Simpler logic would have been to leave RTS the hell alone.

Get rid of Strafe, which was being used to bully lesser skilled CV drivers, get rid of manual attacks, which were being used to bully regular ships, which makes auto attacks the norm, thus opening up the reticle for more possibilities to dodge, make the spotting and damage changes.

Auto attacks had an angle of attack adjustment tab; the proper use of which was as ‘skill,’ auto attacks were not just ‘dumb’ point and click drops.

AA would still be a functional mechanic, and wouldn’t have the current moronic dodge exploit.

But hey; WG is congenitally incapable of solving things simply, especially when someone comes up with some ‘grand idea for change,’ and is too important to be told NO.

The only issue there is that WG thought that was broke hence the whole rework. When they had the briefing a while back they (dramatically) showed the strength of the CV off the chart - the rework was supposed to bring it back into balance.

I am sure there could have been changes suggested/made to do so - but will the CV players have agreed? Look at how this 4-5 second delay on rockets has caused some to say the CV is no longer worth playing.

Not saying you're wrong - just saying look at this change and what has happened. :Smile_honoring: 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
18 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

but has WG actually said it was broken?  If not it only adds some fuel to the theory-fire that the change is only because of whining on the part of some DD mains.

Which is sad, because WG never says anything was broken.

Look at their reasoning for the CV rework, they never say anything was "broken" with RTS CVs, just that there were elements that they didn't like. And that's the biggest change I've ever seen here.

WG will never admit something was broken, never.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
8 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Self Awareness Level: 0.009%  :cap_like:

Aren't you sulking - if the only thing you can say is 'a bad thing happened to me - bad things will happen to you too''?

Sounds pretty petty - but as you said it I expect you to say something different lol :Smile_smile:

Edit: where are your memes - aren't you the guy that does memes when they can't support their pov?

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Thanks 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Which is sad, because WG never says anything was broken.

Look at their reasoning for the CV rework, they never say anything was "broken" with RTS CVs, just that there were elements that they didn't like. And that's the biggest change I've ever seen here.

WG will never admit something was broken, never.

The broken term came about due to the title of the thread.

You are correct. WG feels things could....'be better'? So are making adjustments (they may not even be adjustments that remain - who knows?). :Smile_honoring:

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,109 posts
13,431 battles

I take all nerfs in stride. I’d rather a healthy game environment than the fiery inferno pre-nerf Thunderer created, for example. Now it’s much more tolerable.

• Cool 1

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,978 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Aren't you sulking - if the only thing you can say is 'a bad thing happened to me - bad things will happen to you too''?

Sounds pretty petty - but as you said it I expect you to say something different lol :Smile_smile:

What bad thing 'happened' to me?

I don't even play CVs.

I just got tired of other people constantly speaking for me and my experiences around CVs - so I started speaking out.  Upon even a cursory examination of the claims and the reality in-game, it becomes readily apparent that there's a lot of mob-mentality/hate-brigading going on on the topic, and much of the claims are easily proven overblown or outright lies.

But to the current, Rocket changes, I see a lot of the same hateful characters gloating over the wailing going on (and much of that is very hyperbolic) with zero self-awareness.  Unless (as you implied you might) you just unquestioningly accept everything the company chooses to do without objection - in which case congratulations - you're one-in-a-million baby.

Saying it's sulking to point out that you may be made unhappy by a future change you don't agree with?  Some are sulking, sure - but I think what we have here with you is a patented case of 'Confession Through Projection.'

What's really bothering you?

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
16 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

What bad thing 'happened' to me?

I don't even play CVs.

I just got tired of other people constantly speaking for me and my experiences around CVs - so I started speaking out.  Upon even a cursory examination of the claims and the reality in-game, it becomes readily apparent that there's a lot of mob-mentality/hate-brigading going on on the topic, and much of the claims are easily proven overblown or outright lies.

But to the current, Rocket changes, I see a lot of the same hateful characters gloating over the wailing going on (and much of that is very hyperbolic) with zero self-awareness.  Unless (as you implied you might) you just unquestioningly accept everything the company chooses to do without objection - in which case congratulations - you're one-in-a-million baby.

Saying it's sulking to point out that you may be made unhappy by a future change you don't agree with?  Some are sulking, sure - but I think what we have here with you is a patented case of 'Confession Through Projection.'

What's really bothering you?

Ok, so what was the sword swinging both ways bit?

Most of the time when a sword is described as swinging both ways and coming back to get you - it means the person saying it is indicating it has got them on the first swing.

Happy for you to tell me why your phrase doesn't mean that though. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: In addition, if you look at all my posts, I haven't gloated - I've stated that I believe the changes were needed but haven't gloated - why? Because I play all ship types. If I really believed this has fundementally destroyed the CV and made them not worth playing then I would make that point. It's just I don't.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
6 hours ago, MarcusBlackwell78 said:

I agree they shouldn't mess with things not asked for, so join me and the push to remove rackets there were never asked for.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,704 battles
52 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Where was this established? 

WG's spreadsheet.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

WG's spreadsheet.

Pathetic....get it right:

The 'WGs all knowing Spreadsheet of everything the player doesn't know!' :Smile_trollface:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,978 battles
6 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Ok, so what was the sword swinging both ways bit?

You said Rockets wre broken - I asked for clarification.

You sad the change itself was proof it wasn't 'working as intended' - I tentatively agreed, and said that logic (sword) cuts both ways.

Ergo; if there is ever a change made that you or I or anyone is unhappy about - by your logic - it wasn't 'working as intended,' and thus needed to be changed.

Submarines?  Wasn't working as intended without them.  Hybrids - wasn't working as intended.  Stat nerfs, buffs, removals, limitations - all fine - wasn't working as intended.

My original question was asking if they'd made a direct statement - I think @Skpstrhas it right though - they don't explain to the likes of us - which fuels a lot of Forum complaining.

However, you also made a few assumptions about me.

I don't play CVs (they're far too boring and not what I want from this game) - the anti-CV crowd was just so toxic they drew me in against their nonsense, almost by default.

'Sulking' is it?  To point out that a seriously unnecessary nerf was hammered down, and that those gloating may find less sympathy in the future for their behaviour now?

'Happy' for you to finish your next post with another snappy passive-aggressive reverse-psychology crack.

The memes really bother you, don't they?  You keep bringing them up.  I haven't even pointed out you still using emojis like punctuation.

Which meme hurt you?  Minions?  Drake?  The 'It Was Aliens' Guy?

If you're not too traumatized you should check out the thread

Sign in to follow this