You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

My take on the "rocket change".

15 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,123 battles

So - I play ALOT of boats. I can't really call myself a CV main these days because I've been diversifying my classes. 

So backstory - I used to HAAAAAAATE CVs until I ran into someone who told me to try it and learn how to use it....well I did...and I got decent...and well I've seen ALOT of changes.

So here we are - 10.5 - rockets have changed...and frankly I'm 50/50 now. See I CHASED the Enterprise on every front I could (except X-mas crates), and now I'm running into Enterprises who aren't really carrying matches anymore. They kinda seem like a dying bread. The rocket change seemingly hit E hard - because they can't spray - and she already got her AP bombers nurf'd. Also, I noticed this effect with my HVARs lately, and it got me thinking: Why am I wasting my time chasing a toothless flattop? 

See - I switched out Audacious for Midway during CB and I got good...real good at nuking DD's with dive bombers. I got good at using the "6-way" torp drops...and the rockets were kinda a "meh" weapon for me.

Then I rebought Lexington - and man - SHE CARRIES HARD. Like....I rolled in with stock rocket planes - and pimped out bombers/torps - and frankly...she's the damn Apex Predator of Tier 8. Not even Kaga can catch her.

-Then I put Tiny Tims on it-

Suddenly all of Wargaming's choices made sense to me. To me the delay means they want us to stop abusing destroyers with rockets - cool - I'll just switch to bigger game. Since I rebought Lexington I played 11 games - 2 losses - 9 wins. Tiny Tims hit like trucks...and when you use them on battleships they feel the pain. Cruisers can feel Tim's wrath when you get lucky - but they are a BB hitter in my book now.

I now have no reason to play a CV that doesn't have HE weapons - means I'm shelving the Germans/IJN outside of Kaga - you need those HE bombers to keep people honest - you need SOMETHING to combat destroyers - HVARs just don't cut it. The destroyers are too fast, and their air detect is just silly - so I won't go hunting for them unless it's dive bombers or they are spotted and I have torps up.

So - in short - the CV's focus has shifted - while destroyers are mostly off the hook - everyone else is going to feel the CV pain more. 

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,812 battles

I dont think cruisers or BB will suddently become the prime target of CV.

The rocket change doesnt change much for USN CV as all the good one are already using DB to hunt DD. TT are maybe dead, that's maybe true, but HVARR remains strong. IJN CV got nerfed in their ability to deal with DD but then again, IJN DD arent supposed to be DD hunter. They have high torps damage and AP DB for a reason. Audacious can still throws enough rocket that something will eventually stick. And MvR.......Why are you playing MvR to hunt DD anyway.

What you're implying is that a Hakuryu (for instance) will be more likely to go after capital ship than DD but I dont know any good Haku who constantly focuses DD, when he can be spamming torps and APDB on cruisers or BB. Some people will say that these CV are just farming and not helping the team, but when that Haku will delete all the capital ship, you'll be the first one to move up in your cruiser or BB and hunt DD, because there will be no one except those DD to kill you.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,622 battles

Go into training mode, set for 12 vs 12, add 12 destroyers to the enemy team and set for no gun fire.  kill everyone of them with rockets and when you are done... you'll be better with them in randoms etc.

Also everyone! WG has made it so you have to protect your CV from sneaky dd's!

Tiny Tims have always been fun for BB's

Don't worry, adapt.

[CMFRT]
Modder
1,081 posts
2,440 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

dying bread

Man... why did you have to kill the bread? Bread is tasty.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
1,960 posts

Agreed. If people wanna whine about rockets... then every CV player should just switch targets. Russian and Japanese BB's are now primary. 

Punish them repeatedly, with extreme prejudice, then tell them to go on the forums and whine that they want the old rockets back.

When they cry because an Asashio is face-smashing them, then they ping the map begging you to kill them, respond "Sorry Bro. I can't hit DD's. File a complaint with WG. Watch out for the 8 torps you can't see to your port..."

Then when they demand you simply spot the DD, ask them, "What's in it for me when I could farm that DD's buddies over here? I gotta get paid too..."

Should take about 1 year of SJW raging. Then the rockets might be back to normal.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Given the easy-mode dodge, DDs are not my CVs' concern unless Midway DB are on the rampage. Ran into the nerfed rockets several times and even my stock Tallinn has little trouble dodging--overnerf.

"You got my chief reliable anti-DD nerfed to point of being difficult. Kill the DD yourself. I've no need to spot when need to farm his teammates cause I need XP and credits too. Want that changed? File complaint with WG."

Now, had WG made the entire squadron the entire attack, additional delay would make sense, but they didn't.

• Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
6 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Agreed. If people wanna whine about rockets... then every CV player should just switch targets. Russian and Japanese BB's are now primary. 

Punish them repeatedly, with extreme prejudice, then tell them to go on the forums and whine that they want the old rockets back.

When they cry because an Asashio is face-smashing them, then they ping the map begging you to kill them, respond "Sorry Bro. I can't hit DD's. File a complaint with WG. Watch out for the 8 torps you can't see to your port..."

Then when they demand you simply spot the DD, ask them, "What's in it for me when I could farm that DD's buddies over here? I gotta get paid too..."

Should take about 1 year of SJW raging. Then the rockets might be back to normal.

:cap_like:its. Great plan.  Everyone pings the CV demanding to spot kill the DD.  

Wonder how they will feel about taking responsibility for eating Ashio torps. :cap_yes: :cap_popcorn: 

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,568 battles
6 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Its this mindset that illustrates everything wrong and how spoiled the entire class is along with its playerbase.  The mechanics and balance let you make anybody miserable, and I for one don't care who you make miserable.

The overwhelming majority of players hate Carrier.  All you do with every bit of anger and toxicity you create is just a step closer to having the class nerfed more, no matter how much you and other CV apologists scream.

Remember-- WG is a company that only cares about investments via sunk cost fallacy, or profit.  Balance is secondary to that entire notion... and if you drive away enough people with your toxic class (which is definitely starting to happen, people of all skill levels are becoming fed up), you'll be on the chopping block because you'll cut their profits.

This is the reality of things.  There's a time limit on your griefing/easy mode.  Its not a question of "if", its a question of "when".  The rocket change is only the beginning my friend.  

But for now, just lead CV apologists.  Just lead.

1f921.png

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,123 battles
8 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Man... why did you have to kill the bread? Bread is tasty.

Woops!

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
8 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Nah, maybe if you had managed to be in every match, you'd have fostered more dependence lol.

As it is, most players are just going to do whatever they do about Asashios when CVs aren't around.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

:cap_like:its. Great plan.  Everyone pings the CV demanding to spot kill the DD.  

Wonder how they will feel about taking responsibility for eating Ashio torps. :cap_yes: :cap_popcorn: 

CVs haven't helped me deal with an Asashio in months, what will be the difference I see?

The passive-aggressive "see what bad things happen now" crap doesn't sound any more mature or thoughtful than it did coming from anti-CV posters 3 years ago.....

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
22 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

CVs haven't helped me deal with an Asashio in months, what will be the difference I see?

The passive-aggressive "see what bad things happen now" crap doesn't sound any more mature or thoughtful than it did coming from anti-CV posters 3 years ago.....

If you had been called the things I have for over 2 year for playing a video a way you dont like.  You would not give 2 cares anymore either.

The Op mentioned Aahio. IJN DD E e all but impossible t I see from the air thanks to the complaining So yea you will not see planes out wasting time looking for IJN torp boats. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
16 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

So yea you will not see planes out wasting time looking for IJN torp boats. 

That's fine with me, as long as they aren't wasting time in other ways.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

DDs peeps gloating and laughing at CVs misfortune remember the nerf hammer hits both ways  :fish_cute_2: When it does happen I will be here waiting to do the same to you :Smile_trollface: Enjoy it while you can because no class is safe from wargamings nerf hammer :Smile_hiding:  It's matter if it's matter of when :Smile_popcorn:

XpX9V9E.gif

Edited by LastRemnant

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,123 battles

Give it time, I can easily see Wargaming increasing detection on DDs.