You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Original_Sean

Teamkill damage change

9 comments in this topic

[TF_64]
Members
59 posts
12,465 battles

Does it seem to anyone else that the elimination of friendly fire damage has led to some players deliberately cutting off torps?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,432 posts
14,956 battles
2 hours ago, Original_Sean said:

Does it seem to anyone else that the elimination of friendly fire damage has led to some players deliberately cutting off torps?

I will say the same as before the change it is not the other guys job to watch for your torpedoes. If they can get into the path of your torpedoes it was a danger close shot to begin with.

• Cool 1

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
90 posts
10,605 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I will say the same as before the change it is not the other guys job to watch for your torpedoes. If they can get into the path of your torpedoes it was a danger close shot to begin with. 

well said

[PVE]
Members
11,153 posts
19,431 battles

I had a friendly in Ops take offense because his route interconnected with my route and he fired all of his torps and guns at me. I said in chat "LOL" and then I typed "baby". I wish the new laws applied in Ops at that moment, but then I got over it. I took first place of course and they were 6th or 5th. My point is why would you waste your torps on a friendly, just to show how upset you are, when you need them for the ships just around the corner? Anger management any one?

[TF_64]
Members
59 posts
12,465 battles
20 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Largely agree, what I'm talking about is I've seen course changes that make no sense unless the player is deliberately trying to block torps.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,432 posts
14,956 battles
1 hour ago, Original_Sean said:

Largely agree, what I'm talking about is I've seen course changes that make no sense unless the player is deliberately trying to block torps.

Are you certain they are doing it on purpose or are they reacting to something?

[KOBK]
Members
515 posts
5,859 battles
1 hour ago, Original_Sean said:

Sure some people who love to troll would do that now, but in my experience they are few in numbers. Of course, if you see they do it on purpose you can always report them

• Cool 1

[NEST]
Members
14 posts
3,533 battles

I for one think this was a GREAT change.  Somehow enemy bots could dodge torps like a ballerina, but friendly bots still stray in front for no tactical reason.  That frustration has been eliminated with this change!

• Cool 1

[OWSSD]
Members
15 posts
9,759 battles

I for one would like to get the same detection range these enemy bots have that they get when I shoot torps.

• Cool 1