You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CarsGunsandGuitars

Why I deleted the game after enjoying it for years

111 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles

I'm not going to make a big deal out of this, because - honestly - I really don't care what kind of [edited] attacks I get for saying this. 
But I've suffered invisible, indestructible, ships for too long.

I've never had a more frustrating gaming experience in 25 years of PC gaming than this. 

There is NO [edited]excuse for building experience, kitting your ship out, and engaging in random battle, only to have ships disappear in clear skies w/out a smokescreen, and then get torpedoed from someone that should not be on your 6. 

I'm so mad, that, honestly, I'm tempted to start recording the games and sharing them on Reddit.

But, that would require me to install it again - which - honestly, I don't know if I want to do.

Either way, I'm sick of this [edited]. 

Oh, and before some [edited] says my internet is slow or my computer is crap, don't even go there. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[VOP]
Members
1,063 posts

Out of curiosity, how many years for 720 battles? I guess you can play a battle a day for 2 years. Or who are your really? Just curious.

• Cool 2

Banned
1,684 posts

So Sorry you feel this way but I do see your point.

I don't know you or remember ever playing with you but don't believe you won't be Missed.

WG is on a road with a cliff at the end.

• Cool 4

[WOLF3]
Members
647 posts
12,385 battles

Well, if your so upset is sounds like you care for one. Your mindset is partially the culprit. Remember you are in a tank with a lot of different fish that want to kill you just as bad with their own problems and strengths. You are only flesh and blood. If you are hating this game its actually better to leave and maby come back some time. For me its just fun to move around and shoot at stuff. If I die I hit the battle button again and im off to pew pew.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
20 minutes ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Either way, I'm sick of this [edited].

Sorry, but when you come here with your first post and spam [edited] comments, nobody is going to give you much sympathy. Play or don't play, it really doesn't matter -- none of us care. If this is your main account you obviously don't really care much about the game much anyway if you only have 720 battles after three years.

• Cool 2

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
24 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Out of curiosity, how many years for 720 battles? I guess you can play a battle a day for 2 years. Or who are your really? Just curious.

I dunno, off and on for maybe 3 years.... I've traveled the world for business and played a bit more lately due to the global pandemic. 
What do you mean by who am I really, I'm scratching my head on that one?

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sorry, but when you come here with your first post and spam [edited] comments, nobody is going to give you much sympathy. Play or don't play, it really doesn't matter -- none of us care. If this is your main account you obviously don't really care much about the game much anyway if you only have 720 battles after three years.

Noted. 
All the more reason I'm not going to feel bad about not playing anymore if this is how my concerns are met. 

• Funny 1

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
25 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Sounds like a PEBCAK issue.

You know something, you might have a point. I'm going to get my eyes checked.
I mean, holding a private pilot's license - you would think my airman's medical cert would have let me know I was blind. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Sad 1

Members
4,256 posts
15,024 battles
1 minute ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

I mean, holding a private pilot's license - you would think my airman's medical cert would have let me know I was blind. 

Just sounds like you dont understand the concealment mechanic.

That, or you dont like it.

Not gonna explain it, since you dont play this game anymore.

• Cool 1

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
29 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

Well, if your so upset is sounds like you care for one. Your mindset is partially the culprit. Remember you are in a tank with a lot of different fish that want to kill you just as bad with their own problems and strengths. You are only flesh and blood. If you are hating this game its actually better to leave and maby come back some time. For me its just fun to move around and shoot at stuff. If I die I hit the battle button again and im off to pew pew.

I only care in hopes others see this and realize they aren't the problem.. and stop wasting their time with it. 
Not sure how my mindset is to blame for being unhappy about invisible ships that are impenetrable. But, whatever makes you feel better... go ahead, make me the bad guy. 

Members
6,329 posts

My comment about the 'invisible' ships, because I ran into that earlier today, and I know what happened:

1) don't play on a toaster

2) lower your graphics settings if you are

3) If you have a 2nd MMO running at the same time, exit it.

I had a disappearing ship or two earlier today, *but*, I had another MMO running in the tray in the background, sucking up GPU resources along with WoWS.  Went ahead and exited that, and didn't have the 'disappearing ship' or 'invisible ship' problem anymore.

Nothing to it.  

Edited by Kesh_Lives

[PVE]
Members
11,155 posts
19,502 battles
3 minutes ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Meh

What, you wanted more from me, my fun factor is and has been waning. Is that better?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
2 minutes ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Ups.....Please understand that this game is a fairly niche game with its quite dedicated player base Which can be quite salty sometimes as.... you know. sailors can be.

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
1 minute ago, Rollingonit said:

Just sounds like you dont understand the concealment mechanic.

That, or you dont like it.

Not gonna explain it, since you dont play this game anymore.

Perhaps you are correct. 
I didn't realize in WW2 that a cruiser or DD could completely vanish in thin air on a clear day at 2 miles when you have a spotter up and 20+ miles of visibility. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,256 posts
15,024 battles
1 minute ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Perhaps you are correct. 
I didn't realize in WW2 that a cruiser or DD could completely vanish in thin air on a clear day at 2 miles when you have a spotter up and 20+ miles of visibility. 

This is a WW2 simulator?

Seems like an arcade game to me.

• Cool 1

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
2 minutes ago, Kesh_Lives said:

My comment about the 'invisible' ships, because I ran into that earlier today, and I know what happened:

1) don't play on a toaster

2) lower your graphics settings if you are

3) If you have a 2nd MMO running at the same time, exit it.

I had a disappearing ship or two earlier today, *but*, I had another MMO running in the tray in the background, sucking up GPU resources along with WoWS.  Went ahead and exited that, and didn't have the 'disappearing ship' or 'invisible ship' problem anymore.

Nothing to it.  

First, please allow me to express my sincere gratitude for not being rude.
I am a 25 year IT professional playing this on a very high-end workstation with an 8 core proc, nVME drive, and a robust graphics card behind low latency fiber interet. Trust me, I know it's not my gear. 

• Funny 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles
8 minutes ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Dude if you have a pilots license maybe you should play an airplane game or something I recommend ace combat :Smile_hiding: Or something that has to do with planes :Smile_child:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
Just now, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Perhaps you are correct. 

it is a ...game mechanic present in order to balance out the disparity between ship classes to make it playable for PvP . DD's have low Hp pool and limited gun range and they would be obliterated  otherwise.

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
3 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Ups.....Please understand that this game is a fairly niche game with its quite dedicated player base Which can be quite salty sometimes as.... you know. sailors can be.

Even sadder for the game.
I really enjoyed playing it for a while - honestly - especially when I was laid off due to the pandemic and had Covid. 

But, these responses make me feel a lot better about uninstalling it. Just being honest. 

[WOLF3]
Members
647 posts
12,385 battles
5 minutes ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

I only care in hopes others see this and realize they aren't the problem.. and stop wasting their time with it. 
Not sure how my mindset is to blame for being unhappy about invisible ships that are impenetrable. But, whatever makes you feel better... go ahead, make me the bad guy. 

You are not the bad guy and I wasn't attempting to criticize. Sounds like you need a breather friend.:Smile_Default:

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
3 minutes ago, CarsGunsandGuitars said:

Perhaps you are correct. 

You seem to not understand the concealment mechanic, or maybe you do, and just object to it.  If you're playing this game to be the all powerful battleship, well, you've got the wrong game.  This is a PvP game where are players are given equal chances at success, and no one ship type gets to be top dog. 

This game isn't for everyone, but I'd suggest you give it another try; but with more of an open mind, and an attitude of wanting to learn and understand the mechanics.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Members
22 posts
1,025 battles
2 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

You are not the bad guy and I wasn't attempting to criticize. Sounds like you need a breather friend.:Smile_Default:

Copy that, sorry.. I'm just irritated by the ridicule for expressing a long-standing concern.
Honestly, every post I read here fortifies my removing the game was a good decision.