You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
blackwing9494

I'm actually having a lot of fun.

19 comments in this topic

[BLUES]
Members
50 posts
3,267 battles

Everyone seems to be complaining about, well, everything. Is it a full moon? The "Grand Battle" allowed my to grind my T9 Yugumo into my first ever T10 ship Shimakaze. Whoohoo!!! I was also able to grind my 19pt captain to 20pt (my highest yet) via the "Grand Battle" (and a ton of Pie day cammo). Now I'm moving into German Battleships, Bayern and Gneisenau. Fun stuff.

Anyone else having fun? Tell us about your successes and achievements.

note: DD'ers, play the grand battle. It's a bunch a super battleships where I think the captains are to distracted looking at all the cool new bells and whistles to remember to change directions very often. I got my highest scores ever in a DD.

• Cool 7

[PVE]
Members
11,153 posts
19,431 battles

I like Co op and Operations a lot, however there isn't much to herald for the future of either mode. I will have fun til I don't, the fun is waning though.

[4_0_4]
Members
294 posts
1,757 battles
15 minutes ago, blackwing9494 said:

Everyone seems to be complaining about, well, everything. Is it a full moon? The "Grand Battle" allowed my to grind my T9 Yugumo into my first ever T10 ship Shimakaze. Whoohoo!!! I was also able to grind my 19pt captain to 20pt (my highest yet) via the "Grand Battle" (and a ton of Pie day cammo). Now I'm moving into German Battleships, Bayern and Gneisenau. Fun stuff.

note: DD'ers, play the grand battle. It's a bunch a super battleships where I think the captains are to distracted looking at all the cool new bells and whistles to remember to change directions very often. I got my highest scores ever in a DD.

I made a topic a few days ago with this exact observation, that I was having a blast with Grand battle and grinding my T9s without having to worry about Stats (looking at you, Minnesota).  I think it got two responses and ~50 views.  Anyway, looking forward to my forthcoming Vermont and Worcester.  

Less so grinding the 40 million to buy them both. :Smile_amazed:

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,278 posts
13,686 battles

Grand battle has been fun for the most part. Enjoyed the regrind of the fletcher. Forgot how good she can be

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,497 posts
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I like Co op and Operations a lot, however there isn't much to herald for the future of either mode. I will have fun til I don't, the fun is waning though.

I'm having fun with the game mostly because it's a good relaxation. I'm getting better with CVs too. I with they'd make more operations though and even PvP operations. I would really like to see a "Defend the convoy from a sub wolfpack" PvP operation when subs are finally introduced.

• Cool 1

[BLUES]
Members
50 posts
3,267 battles
6 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

I made a topic a few days ago with this exact observation, that I was having a blast with Grand battle and grinding my T9s without having to worry about Stats (looking at you, Minnesota).  I think it got two responses and ~50 views.  Anyway, looking forward to my forthcoming Vermont and Worcester. 

Yup, i saw your post and that's when I started playing the Grand Battle in earnest. Thanks for the info.

Grinding to 40 million huh? Fathers day (tomorrow) landed me 62 million credits (on sale) and 25,000 doubloons. Almost makes up for having to actually raise 3 daughters. I'm set for a while. :-)

• Thanks 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
12 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

Less so grinding the 40 million to buy them both. :Smile_amazed:

Work is a barge.

Vermont is like the country song about chicken fry on a Saturday night.

You have almost 30 km range.  You dont have to move. 40 sec reload. Sit back have a drink and chill.

But the damage is great.

Members
4,254 posts
14,998 battles

I typically always have fun when playing.

Dont take anything this game related to serious. If I do have some bad incident, I just forget about it the next game.

Might try grand battles. But moreso, might try playing DDs again in random.

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,855 battles
6 minutes ago, blackwing9494 said:

Yup, i saw your post and that's when I started playing the Grand Battle in earnest. Thanks for the info.

Grinding to 40 million huh? Fathers day (tomorrow) landed me 62 million credits (on sale) and 25,000 doubloons. Almost makes up for having to actually raise 3 daughters. I'm set for a while. :-)

Excellent work!

[MELON]
Members
960 posts
2,798 battles

HOW DARE YOU HAVE FUN!!!!!

BURN THE HERETIC!:Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

Members
8 posts
2,394 battles

I just played this game again since a long time ago (4? 5? years) and its a bit sad to see the bots in the game but whatever, even the roman empire ended and so a niche game meets it's fate. HOWEVER, It's still fun! just had one battle and I won xD, I am a bit rusty though. Anyway, this game still rocks.

See you on the seas.

Edited by zwastik

[-BTP-]
Members
395 posts
13,094 battles

Me too, I kept on playing this game. I have Command Air Naval Operations and Empire, Napoleon Total war to play too.

[4_0_4]
Members
294 posts
1,757 battles
28 minutes ago, Koogus said:

HOW DARE YOU HAVE FUN!!!!!

BURN THE HERETIC!:Smile-angry:

790ACD44-7378-4E45-AB32-ECBE566F423B.thumb.jpeg.bd16c04dfd9df9db313fe86115e9d9c2.jpeg

:Smile_glasses: Love Gridiron Heights.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,818 posts
24,348 battles
2 hours ago, blackwing9494 said:

Lol...

Holland, 17 torp hits....

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,905 posts

I 'would' be having fun, but real life keeps getting in my way and taking up my time!

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Think I Grand Battled out on the PTS.

I thought so too, but I heard that it doesn't count your stats, so I thought why not take a few DDs into it and give it a shot? That hasn't been without its fun moments. Radaring a Paolo with my Black when it was balls-deep into its attack run made my day.

The super-battleships, though, them I'm done with. The only thing they have to offer is 21 point loan captains for those who don't have any, and while that might be a VERY BIG AND USEFUL THING, I already have three 21 pointers and am on the cusp of a fourth. So that part of it isn't an attraction to me. Also, if you don't have at least one T9 ship (conveniently many people will probably have their first from the ZF-6 Dockyard, whether the ship itself or the Schultz), you will not be playing that many Grand Battles; requiring Tier 9 was a bit of a d*** move, and handing out driblets of Intelligence reports per day wasn't the greatest compensation.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I thought so too, but I heard that it doesn't count your stats, so I thought why not take a few DDs into it and give it a shot? That hasn't been without its fun moments. Radaring a Paolo with my Black when it was balls-deep into its attack run made my day.

The super-battleships, though, them I'm done with. The only thing they have to offer is 21 point loan captains for those who don't have any, and while that might be a VERY BIG AND USEFUL THING, I already have three 21 pointers and am on the cusp of a fourth. So that part of it isn't an attraction to me. Also, if you don't have at least one T9 ship (conveniently many people will probably have their first from the ZF-6 Dockyard, whether the ship itself or the Schultz), you will not be playing that many Grand Battles; requiring Tier 9 was a bit of a d*** move, and handing out driblets of Intelligence reports per day wasn't the greatest compensation.

A group of us did this ^^^^ the other night....  I have seven 21 pointers so that isn't a reason and several DD's to tinker with......  We just wanted to "see what happens"  What it ended up being was a confused, odd and a PVP mess on a larger scale. It was a really strange PVP mode and we all made some money playing it.......  But, it just wasn't something more that "try it, you'll like it........" kinda of thing.  Now, where's my Alka-Seltzer........

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe I’ll go in with Fletcher. Was a bit amusing doing so on the PTS.