You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Kartoffel

Druid...

17 comments in this topic

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
485 posts
21,975 battles

Mechanically, it plays like the front end of a seriously pissed off minotaur. British 127mm AP, Friesland fire rate.

What it feels like...

Spoiler

A little bit of this and that.

Plus... 

387459796_hugeballs.thumb.jpg.25c2e7d0e741116af6205587f50a9c89.jpg

• Haha 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,659 posts
24,627 battles

So Druid or Vamp II?

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
485 posts
21,975 battles

Vampire II is a solid DD in the typical style and more useful overall. It's only drawback is a possible lack of commander options.
If I didn't already have Vamp, I wouldn't have got Druid.

Spoiler

shot-21_06.19_21_28.51-0784.thumb.jpg.e6df2da5c26038b08a261e44e2b8e9a9.jpg

shot-21_06.19_21_29.09-0497.thumb.jpg.4030ffcbf84656131b69168145a158e3.jpg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,818 posts
24,348 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

So Druid or Vamp II?

Druid...

Esp in a div.

Vamp II was good, the Druid came...

1st smoke on a thunderer, 30k...

2nd smoke on FDG, 35k....

1.6 rof.

5 in guns.

293k dpm.

Better pen angles

7 smokes 2 min hydro.....

• Thanks 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,420 posts
11,786 battles

Druid is such a monster. I'm way above my average Tier X destroyer damage in it and have a 14-4 w/l record so far. I love it like no other ship I've loved since probably Friesland.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles

Maybe I got Vampire 2 too hastily, but then I wanted her badly for reasons other than performance (she's Australian like me, she still floats, I've been on her as a visitor in Sydney Harbour). And nobody was anticipating two RB destroyers so close together. 

I can deal with (and bought) Friesland because even though she has no torpedoes, she can light fires at range. Druid can't even do that, nor can she fire aft. I'm trying to imagine an A-hull Jutland with AP only and no torps, and I don't like it. I accept that others are doing well in her, but I'm not sure she meshes well with my playstyle.

• Cool 1

[BOMBL]
Members
1,243 posts
16,977 battles
12 hours ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

Mechanically, it plays like the front end of a seriously pissed off minotaur. British 127mm AP, Friesland fire rate.

What it feels like...

Hide contents

what's your build and capt skills? did you worry about concealment, or just put everything into range and dpm?

TIA

Edited by wstugamd

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

I'll have enough research points for any of the DDs, but I'm thinking I'm going to pass on Druid.  The UK smokes, and AP only are my concerns.  I already have Friesland for the daka only DD experience.  I'm thinking Yolo Emilio.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
485 posts
21,975 battles
1 hour ago, wstugamd said:

what's your build and capt skills? did you worry about concealment, or just put everything into range and dpm?

TIA

I am PVE.
I took Concealment in slot 5 just for the dispersion buff, I went with DPM in slot 6. :cap_rambo:

This is my build and (wip)commander skills. I have 2 builds I am messing with. The more I play the ship, Dunkirk is my preferred commander. 

Spoiler

shot-21_06.20_10_09.54-0451.thumb.jpg.e51970001d386af07c9bcf566fb5496d.jpg
shot-21_06.20_10_10.00-0884.thumb.jpg.b6379ed0a46a67551e81bb7f7aff4da8.jpg

shot-21_06.20_10_16.57-0170.thumb.jpg.b7a0223eefbcb6fb17ca2e580be22e01.jpg

I've been resetting and grinding the Japanese destroyer line so much, I figured penitence was due. 
It's a challenging, yet fun little boat, and... I've really got a thing for short-fused British AP.

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,420 posts
11,786 battles
On 6/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, Slimeball91 said:

I'll have enough research points for any of the DDs, but I'm thinking I'm going to pass on Druid.  The UK smokes, and AP only are my concerns.  I already have Friesland for the daka only DD experience.  I'm thinking Yolo Emilio.

Friesland is a dakka boat as well, but it is a different sort of damage-over-time dakka due to her fire setting and long smokes. Druid is more of a "Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" ambush predator. Fearsome alpha if you can catch broadside for a few precious seconds. I outdueled a Stalingrad 1 v 1 with my AP to his insufficient-angled broadside versus his HE. 

Marceau specifically and the French DDs in general are probably the ships I'm most afraid of in Druid.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
34 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Friesland is a dakka boat as well, but it is a different sort of damage-over-time dakka due to her fire setting and long smokes. Druid is more of a "Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" ambush predator. Fearsome alpha if you can catch broadside for a few precious seconds. I outdueled a Stalingrad 1 v 1 with my AP to his insufficient-angled broadside versus his HE. 

Friesland has nearly the same raw AP damage output as Druid.  280k verses Druid's 290k.  I'm not denying Druid having more usable AP.  Still, in my Friesland I've gunned down a bot Yammy with AP by staying ahead of its turret traverse.  The point is, Friesland's AP can be pretty much just as nasty.  I'm not taking anything away from Druid.  Its just another flavor of dakka.  Some like Dutch, some like UK better.  That's perfectly fine with me. :Smile_great:

[DVYJC]
Members
4,420 posts
11,786 battles
25 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Friesland has nearly the same raw AP damage output as Druid.  280k verses Druid's 290k.  I'm not denying Druid having more usable AP.  Still, in my Friesland I've gunned down a bot Yammy with AP by staying ahead of its turret traverse.  The point is, Friesland's AP can be pretty much just as nasty.  I'm not taking anything away from Druid.  Its just another flavor of dakka.  Some like Dutch, some like UK better.  That's perfectly fine with me. :Smile_great:

I like them both - I have nearly 600 battles in Friesland, and it's probably overall my favorite ship, but Druid is rapidly climbing up there, as well! 

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
49 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I like them both - I have nearly 600 battles in Friesland, and it's probably overall my favorite ship, but Druid is rapidly climbing up there, as well! 

I'm closing in on enough RB points to get any of the DDs, so I'll be asking for your opinion of Druid again when I'm ready to make my final decision.

Members
999 posts
8 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Marceau specifically and the French DDs in general are probably the ships I'm most afraid of in Druid.

• Thanks 1

[FRR]
Members
1,023 posts
On 6/20/2021 at 11:42 AM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Druid is such a monster. I'm way above my average Tier X destroyer damage in it and have a 14-4 w/l record so far. I love it like no other ship I've loved since probably Friesland.

How do you find Druid's shells? Do they travel faster than Minotaur's?

[DVYJC]
Members
4,420 posts
11,786 battles
2 hours ago, Hukom said:

How do you find Druid's shells? Do they travel faster than Minotaur's?

They're fast and flat, more like Smolensk or Kleber.