You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
magnum196940

Pommern finally!

19 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Members
96 posts
19,194 battles

Picked up Pommern.Put full secondary build with secondaries captain.only a few games so far but with hydro and the fact friendly torps cannot damage my ship figures to be a match for me.I like to brawl,which is one of the reasons I like co-op.Also have the iron cross camo from the German cv event.

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

Congrats.  Pommern seems to do well in co-op.  I'm not a BB player but I've been thinking the Pommern might be the next the coal ship I get.

[WOLFX]
Members
96 posts
19,194 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Congrats.  Pommern seems to do well in co-op.  I'm not a BB player but I've been thinking the Pommern might be the next the coal ship I get.

Thank-you I like my brawling ships 

[PVE]
Members
132 posts
4,479 battles
27 minutes ago, magnum196940 said:

Picked up Pommern.Put full secondary build with secondaries captain.only a few games so far but with hydro and the fact friendly torps cannot damage my ship figures to be a match for me.I like to brawl,which is one of the reasons I like co-op.Also have the iron cross camo from the German cv event.

Congrats on the Pommern, if you like brawling that ship is an absolute monster in co-op. Its alot of fun and a secondary build is the way to go for sure. 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,062 posts
53,497 battles

The Pommern is a good ship.  The only thing I don't like about the ship is the bad firing angles on the rear turrets.

[PVE]
Members
11,152 posts
19,408 battles

Very nice it is a fun ship, at least in Co op it is.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,200 posts
14,568 battles

Definitely a great pick for co-op, much more so than something like Yoshino/Azuma (although at least Yoshino has the torps) or Immelmann.

Secondary builds are arguably more valid in co-op because of the closer range and shorter battle length, and the diminishing benefits of concealment or an extra heal. The guns are also much more suited to close range rather than the longer range of randoms, and you have the hydro and torp combination. Probably the only things I’d say it has going against it in co-op are the turret angles (as already mentioned) and especially the longer reload.

That being said, I will eventually get it myself, but it’s slipped a little further down the priority list than it was at on release. 

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
5,428 posts
18,732 battles

The best German Destroyers in the game are the Scharnhorst, Tirpitz and the Pommern. If you're not playing these ships as cap bullies you're doing it wrong. Now granted rushing to the front at the first of the battle will get you focused down like any DD caught in Radar. But if you wait and pick your battles from cover you can wreck ships up. 

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
10,938 posts
15,412 battles
1 hour ago, magnum196940 said:

Congratulations.  :-)

[WOLFX]
Members
96 posts
19,194 battles
5 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

The best German Destroyers in the game are the Scharnhorst, Tirpitz and the Pommern. If you're not playing these ships as cap bullies you're doing it wrong. Now granted rushing to the front at the first of the battle will get you focused down like any DD caught in Radar. But if you wait and pick your battles from cover you can wreck ships up. 

Scharnhorst was one of my first premiums and is one of my most played ships.Got tirpitz b on Black Friday and do very well with it.I figured Pommern was a natural fit for my play style .

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,263 posts
12,507 battles

Just picked up the Pommern.  Full meme secondary build.  Short of running across some overmatch guns, I don't sweat much in it.  Fun ship.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Pommern is at home in Co-Op, one of the safest, most effective Premium buys here.

[ ] Cheaper to run a Premium Ship than a Tech Tree one.

[ ] Swap in your favorite captain whenever.

[ ] Battleship staying power is simply supreme in Co-Op, if a ship is needed to carry a match, a half decent BB player will easily do it better than other ship types.  Not even a CV can carry as easily in Co-Op as a Battleship.  And German BBs have fantastic staying power here.

[ ] Brawl in confidence with protection, secondaries, and torpeduz at your disposal.

[ ] Respectably fast enough.

[ ] Like Alsace, she may not have the biggest, best guns, but she has 12 of them.  On the flip side is Tech Tree FDG.  FDG has faster firing 16" guns but she only has 8 of them, and RNG can screw her over hard.  Pommern has her 12-shell shotgun blast.

Her only real issue would be from the air, but since the Bot CVs in Co-Op can't hit anything, the threat of AP Bombers doing massive Citadel damage to Pommern and other German BBs isn't a real problem in this mode of play.

[KIVA]
Members
239 posts

Pommern is the "screw I, I need to relax" ship in co-op. It has everything that a co-op player could ask for to drop-kick bot posterior, other than the DD advantages of speed and surface detection.

You have to try to have a bad game in Pommern in co-op.

This is not a disparagement. Pommern is awesome. The point is, she's a fantastic "had a bad day and need to chill" ship. Mucho main battery guns? Check. Secondaries? As good as they'll get, check. Torps? Yyyyep. Check. All present and accounted for. What's left? You. That's it. You add the last sprinkle of player agency. Pommern is the canvas. Charge in, pop hydro, focus your secondaries, and line up those torps.  Go paint something on it. Preferably, red bots' entrails.      :cap_cool:

[WOLFG]
Members
13,263 posts
12,507 battles

Need defends?  Need torps spotted?  Pommern is your ship

shot-21.06.21_17.17.00-0797.jpg

shot-21.06.21_17.17.21-0978.jpg

[WOLF9]
Members
1,481 posts
25,784 battles

Congrats.... it is a beast in coop.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Need defends?  Need torps spotted?  Pommern is your ship

I don't know Holes, you kinda embarrassed the Pommern in the game we were in together....:Smile_trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
13,263 posts
12,507 battles
6 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I don't know Holes, you kinda embarrassed the Pommern in the game we were in together....:Smile_trollface:

:Smile_teethhappy:  I got greedy for torp damage (what I had left to do). 

[WOLF6]
Members
2,449 posts
6,828 battles

Congrats! One of the best German BBs. I don't think I have had a "bad" game in mine yet. It's like a "Super Tirpitz". :Smile_playing: