You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

Congrats DD mains, you got what you wanted

93 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
3 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Your primary responsibilities can now count 'countering enemy destroyers' to the list alongside capping and spotting since you wouldn't shut up about carriers *gasp* countering DDs. No more time for you now to hide in smoke and farm BBs with HE when you need to be hunting down enemy destroyers instead.

"Now"?

And here I've been mainly going after enemy DDs all along, was I doing it wrong?

You sound bitter, ulcer perhaps?

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 13
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles

I have a funny feeling this rocket nerf might actually come to bite DDs mains in the behind :Smile_teethhappy: Wargaming has an interesting track record of doing such things it :Smile_trollface: Seems like a good thing at first but it turns out to have a hidden meaning behind it :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,313 posts
15,106 battles
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

I have a funny feeling this rocket nerf is might actually come to bite DDs mains in the behind :Smile_teethhappy: Wargaming has an interesting track record of doing such things it :Smile_trollface: Seems like a good thing at first but it turns out to have hidden meaning behind it :Smile_popcorn:

Oh I absolutely have my fingers crossed that this becomes a monkeys paw situation for DD mains.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,195 posts
4,479 battles

They want more people to play DD to counter the subs they are going to drop.

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles

The game is always 1v23, DDs were always the greatest counter to themselves. 

I don't see what changes.

• Cool 4

Members
1,960 posts

I'm a DD main. I also play CV's.

I agree the nerf was a bad move. At T6 it's almost tolerable. But at T8/T10 it makes rockets very ineffective. To the point all you do is drop fighters on them for 10 seconds until they all die, then move on.

That's no fun for a CV player knowinf you now have ineffective bombs and rockets. Torps are the only hope left. It's a drain on the team. It affects ranked.

As a DD, I found it very easy to avoid any attacks prior to 10.5 . In a CV I literally had team-mates in ranked demanding I go kill a DD to save them pinging the map repeatedly. My response was "What do you want me to do about it? CV's can't hit DD's anymore. Careful what you wish for".

In the end, the change was made for "base political pandering" to DD and other players who haven't shut up about the topic since 2015. It's basic human psychology, everybody will be biased and advocate for things that advantage them, while denying bias. CV's were nerfed too much before. Now it's worse. I can be reasonable and admit it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
11 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

"Now"?

And here I've been mainly going after enemy DDs all along, was I doing it wrong?

You sound bitter, ulcer perhaps?

Seriously though, I mean, with the massive nerf to secondaries accuracy via ISBA, BBs need to be protected from DDs more than ever anyways, since thye uhhh, CAN'T DO IT THEMSELVES ANYMORE! So yeah, DDs should be hunting DDs alongside the cruisers!

Besides, the less DDs your team has to dance with, that's all the better for your team, right?

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

LOL CV have to work harder now. Yes that is the end of the world, you guys are silly. Something you never should have had in the first place that was over powerful. You man have to work with you team now , heaven forbid. :cap_horn:

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles

The disconnect from reality is damn strong in this thread. 

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

In the end, the change was made for "base political pandering" to DD and other players who haven't shut up about the topic since 2015. It's basic human psychology, everybody will be biased and advocate for things that advantage them, while denying bias. CV's were nerfed too much before. Now it's worse. I can be reasonable and admit it.

Do you really think WG cares about complaining?  I don't think so.  They care about money.  This change, and every nerf to CVs, is about lost revenue from frustrated players.  Just like artillery in tanks, WG can't expect troll 90% of the payers and think there is no repercussions.  This won't be the last nerf to CVs. 

• Cool 2

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
30 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Have fun eating torpedoes and getting chewed up by destroyers and cruisers.

All the more reason for Wargaming to buff ISBA to -45% so that all battleships (not just USN secondaries BBs or German BBs) can (potentially) build into secondaries and ACTUALLY be able to threaten DDs for a change, thereby lessening the pressure off of the poor heroic DDs and cruisers that have to constantly save the BBs from enemy DDs!

Junko Gifs Tenor Download - 220*298 - Junko-Enoshima-Laugh 37arts.net

Clever, riiiight?

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

All the more reason for Wargaming to buff ISBA to -45% so that all battleships...

Did you see my post about the CV players in stages of grief?  Some are still angry about the rocket change, like you're seeing here, other are at the bargaining stage.  You still haven't reached the acceptance stage of the secondary change.  You should probably seek some counseling.:Smile-_tongue:  I'm just joking, no offense intended.

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles
17 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Seriously though, I mean, with the massive nerf to secondaries accuracy via ISBA, BBs need to be protected from DDs more than ever anyways, since thye uhhh, CAN'T DO IT THEMSELVES ANYMORE! So yeah, DDs should be hunting DDs alongside the cruisers!

Besides, the less DDs your team has to dance with, that's all the better for your team, right?

You mean they took hydro away too, I missed that need to go read the notes. You may have to work with your other teammates now. Or ask the CV to spot for you oh my:Smile-_tongue:

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,632 battles
14 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

You mean they took hydro away too, I missed that need to go read the notes. You may have to work with your other teammates now. Or ask the CV to spot for you oh my:Smile-_tongue:

Sorry can’t spot anymore rocket planes nerf they be my only planes

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
56 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Your primary responsibilities can now count 'countering enemy destroyers' to the list alongside capping and spotting since you wouldn't shut up about carriers *gasp* countering DDs. No more time for you now to hide in smoke or behind islands and farm BBs with HE when you need to be hunting down enemy destroyers instead.

Don't bother asking carriers to help spot DDs, either, not when, thanks to you, WG has made it so unrewarding for CVs to waste time on DDs. Have fun eating torpedoes and getting chewed up by destroyers and cruisers. May getting what you wanted turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to you.

Shhhhhh its never enough ever.  There was just a post saying the nerf is great now they need to take aircraft spotting.  Its never enough.

The snowflakes could have a DD only match and they would still complain.

Best thing to do i find a DD hover over it till its gone. Then go in chat and tell them to use there wasd and just dodge.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[SPTR]
Members
27,681 posts
18,256 battles

And the underworld gangland war between the DD mafia and the CV mains, escalates after WG publicly executes the CVs' righthand man, Mr. Rocket Planes in cold blood.

• Funny 4

Members
949 posts
220 battles
59 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Your primary responsibilities can now count 'countering enemy destroyers' to the list alongside capping and spotting since you wouldn't shut up about carriers *gasp* countering DDs. No more time for you now to hide in smoke or behind islands and farm BBs with HE when you need to be hunting down enemy destroyers instead.

Don't bother asking carriers to help spot DDs, either, not when, thanks to you, WG has made it so unrewarding for CVs to waste time on DDs. Have fun eating torpedoes and getting chewed up by destroyers and cruisers. May getting what you wanted turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to you.

Players have been suggesting changes to CVs for ages.

Your POV then was, deal with it and stop whining, now you are being a hypocrite. 

Do as you said.  Stop whining and deal with it.

Edited by Laser_Beam
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Did you see my post about the CV players in stages of grief?  Some are still angry about the rocket change, like you're seeing here, other are at the bargaining stage.  You still haven't reached the acceptance stage of the secondary change.  You should probably seek some counseling.:Smile-_tongue:  I'm just joking, no offense intended.

Ahhhh, I've gotten SO much despair over the loss of secondaries accuracy....I'm turning into Ultimate Despair! That's on YOU, Wargaming!! YoU DiD ThIs To Me!!!

WHAT COLOR? — rebeccathemechromancer: Junko Enoshima, Super...

...Just kidding! Kinda. I STILL think Wargaming needs to buff secondaries accuracy though :P

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
229 posts
71 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

I never used to ask CVs anything.  Thery always did as they wanted.  A rare few would actually move forward.  Some wouldn't even bother spotting what was in cap.  

Perhaps now CVs will be more inclined to deal with the other CV.  Ships have tools available to deal with torps, thinking AA can deal with planes is a laugh.  So on that note, when a CV brings another CV into the match - TY for making that MY problem when it should be YOUR problem.

When looking at Match-maker:

1. When a DD brings in another DD - they have tools to deal with that
  2. When a CA (or CL) brings in another CA  (or CL) - they have tools to deal with that
  3. When a BB brings in another BB - they have tools to deal with that
  4. Bring in a CV - They ignore the other CV, and farm damage off everything else.

CVs are a toxic POS that need a fix.  Until part 4 is addressed, they will always be the cancer-causing stick in this game

Edited by Pebcac
  • Cool 15
  • Thanks 3

[HINON]
Members
9,141 posts
13,592 battles

this is, what, the 3rd or 4th thread by you alone complaining that now rocket planes require an iota of skill (ie, leading your target like literally everyone else has too)instead of just being point and click? dude, get over it already, youre acting like a child that got their toy taken away and its no longer entertaining to watch

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 3

[WOLFG]
Members
742 posts
15,328 battles

Nevermind.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,760 battles

So when are you leaving the game for good ? 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2