Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
whatsupdude

Port and ship carousel

5 comments in this topic

[CRUEL]
Beta Testers
37 posts
5,251 battles

With the few alerts that pop up, couldn't we have new ports displayed that way as far as updating instead of automatically setting the port? Annoying I have to keep setting the port to the one I like after almost every update.

The ship carousel also resets randomly and/or with each update. When you have a bunch of ships a compact 2 line carousel is super annoying trying to find a ship. Feels like, and I know it is an exaggeration, few times a week it resets.

All this is annoying and a waste of time. Generally I hop on the play one MAYBE two rounds then move on with the rest of my day, but when it takes 15 minutes to set everything back to the way I had it sometimes I don't have time to actually play. As a web developer who has also helped and played with game and game design it shouldn't be hard to use local settings not the forced/update settings.

Thank you

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
11,152 posts
19,408 battles
14 minutes ago, whatsupdude said:

With the few alerts that pop up, couldn't we have new ports displayed that way as far as updating instead of automatically setting the port? Annoying I have to keep setting the port to the one I like after almost every update.

The ship carousel also resets randomly and/or with each update. When you have a bunch of ships a compact 2 line carousel is super annoying trying to find a ship. Feels like, and I know it is an exaggeration, few times a week it resets.

All this is annoying and a waste of time. Generally I hop on the play one MAYBE two rounds then move on with the rest of my day, but when it takes 15 minutes to set everything back to the way I had it sometimes I don't have time to actually play. As a web developer who has also helped and played with game and game design it shouldn't be hard to use local settings not the forced/update settings.

Thank you

My carousel never resets.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,198 posts
14,568 battles
38 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Same. I’ve had my port reset when we get an event redesigned port like everyone else has, but the only time I’ve ever had my carousel reset is when my preferences corrupted and everything was set back to defaults.

I did find out during the last bounty event (my first) that some of the carousel settings (especially the filters) are computer specific and shared to all the accounts rather than each account having separate ones. Not sure if the PTS account or other region accounts on the live version have that same shared setting though, since I haven’t played PTS in over a year and only have an NA account. 

[TF_64]
Members
59 posts
12,447 battles

Updates don't reset my carousel, but my cat has found some keyboard shortcut.

I would like the ability to keep my port choices, though

Edited by Original_Sean
add a statement

[DRY]
Members
26 posts
5,658 battles
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Mine either

Sign in to follow this