You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainPhenomen

Get Stalin while having Petro?

9 comments in this topic

[LANCE]
Members
42 posts
9,750 battles

Hello guys...

I'm trying to decide whether it is worth getting Stalingrand while already having Petro?! I was told it's no, just a little bit more power on guns, a bit more range and a bit better disperssion but that's about it...

is this true? should I get anyway or would it be just wast of steel?

Thx!!

PS: I have this same post in another branch but I don't know who to delete it from there (it's in discussions about warships -> cruisers -> russian cruisers) if anyone can delete it from there that would nice, thx

[LWA]
Members
1,366 posts
15,829 battles

Well for one, the best advantage is that you can put the Petro's captain (or any other captain) in the Stalingrad for free.  But yeah, they both play the same.  Stalingrad probably has slightly better guns.  I don't own the Petro, but I have been penned by it many a time, more than I want to admit.  She is a bow tanker, but that play style is about to be countered hard with the new Dutch cruiser's special ability........

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,426 posts
17,273 battles

Both Petro and Stalingrad have very soft sides, but Petro has the freeboard of the USS Monitor so actually citting it is oftentimes more theory than practice. 

Also, while still very relevant in Clan Battles / Ranked, the Stalingrad imo isn't (and has never been) very fun to play in Randoms while the Petro has been fun in all game modes.

• Cool 1

[USMC-]
Members
377 posts
9,678 battles

Isn’t the fuse better on the  stalingrad  ap for full pens/cits?

Banned
1,684 posts

Having Two ships whose performance is close to equal and from the same nation One being a premium type I see value in having both.

Having two ships being able to share Commanders can only be beneficial to your Commander building.

This is how I have attained 12 - 21 point commanders. {multi-use commanders}

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

I would get it, the extra HP come in very hand in Clan battles

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,627 battles

While it’s not your particular example I have the Des Moines and liked it so much I got the Salem. They’re just different enough to not be the same and boring but close enough I can use the same commander and skills. I imagine it’s the same thing those two ships. 

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
8,496 battles

Basically stalingrad is for CB due to the cap on certain ships.  Just depends on what your clan wants to run.

Play style is similar, but petro has much better survivability being a "submarine."