Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheMoFoTruth

average damage per ZF-6 AP shell hit

7 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
41 posts
7,624 battles

I just had a game with 215 ap shell hits which caused 76,228 damage.  Mostly targeted against Satsuma and Pommern.

Is 355 damage per AP Shell hit (hit, not fired) decent?  Feels low considering the max shell damage is 2950.

What damage are you guys averaging per AP shell hit? 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,348 posts
10,587 battles
Just now, TheMoFoTruth said:

I just had a game with 215 ap shell hits which caused 76,228 damage.  Mostly targeted against Satsuma and Pommern.

Is 355 damage per AP Shell hit (hit, not fired) decent?  Feels low considering the max shell damage is 2950.

Well, right off the bat, unless you get a citadel hit, the best you'll do with a shell is just under 1000. Then you have to average in shells that bounce, (0 DMG) and overpens. (295 DMG)

[KWF]
Members
6,567 posts
7,175 battles

If firing at the same ship areas at some point they got saturated. Every shell hitting these areas did 10% of its nominal value.

[DOG]
Members
1,316 posts
13,748 battles
34 minutes ago, TheMoFoTruth said:

Around 500 per hit is usually the best you average in a DD, and that's counting fire damage.  You can do more occasionally, but 300-400 is pretty common, depending on the ship.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

One overpen.

Maybe 700 if you are lucky and got one to stick.

I just use HE, its more productive per hit and you can potentially land all guns on the target.

[USN]
Members
1,709 posts
21,689 battles
51 minutes ago, TheMoFoTruth said:

2950 is only if you citadel anything (and with Zf-6's AP pen so bad you have to be stupid close just to citadel a Neptune with 101mm belt armor) so you'll most commonly get 33% of this for a full pen, which is about 1000 for 2950.

Add into shatters (considering what you're shooting at) and bounces plus damage saturation and a 355 damage average can seem about right.

[LWA]
Members
1,366 posts
15,829 battles
1 hour ago, TheMoFoTruth said:

mouse over the "shell hits" icon and it will tell you how many shells penetrated vs overpen/bounced/shattered.  Subtract the bounced/shattered from the hit total and use that number to figure out average damage

hits.thumb.jpg.6a2c1e14742d7de8315188e821cf2650.jpg

Sign in to follow this