Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

Battleships are the least Rewarding class

6 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
268 posts
6,811 battles

1.There is only 1 commander build for them, going tanky.

2.Only a handful of BBs can go secondary build, and even then its not viable (20% of my dmg comes from my secondary's on my Ohio)

3.As soon as you push in to support team you get HE spammed or torpped from all direction.

4.They introduced 1 new good BB commander skill (deadeye) and they removed it in 2 months... (thinking DE was the reason BB players were sitting in backline, and yet, even now with deadeye removed most BB players sit in back)

What is the role of a BB in this game? they cant push in because they aren't tanky, they cant go secondary build because it does no dmg, they cant sit back and snipe because the shells miss.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,737 battles
1 hour ago, reza577 said:

1.There is only 1 commander build for them, going tanky.

2.Only a handful of BBs can go secondary build, and even then its not viable (20% of my dmg comes from my secondary's on my Ohio)

3.As soon as you push in to support team you get HE spammed or torpped from all direction.

4.They introduced 1 new good BB commander skill (deadeye) and they removed it in 2 months... (thinking DE was the reason BB players were sitting in backline, and yet, even now with deadeye removed most BB players sit in back)

What is the role of a BB in this game? they cant push in because they aren't tanky, they cant go secondary build because it does no dmg, they cant sit back and snipe because the shells miss.

Secondary build is best build even with crappy secondaries they’ll give you random close quarters when you don’t realize it

[BONKS]
Members
427 posts
10,006 battles

You load HE and farm other BBs.

That's your purpose.

[CRUEL]
Beta Testers
37 posts
5,255 battles

I agree for the most part but it depends on ship and tier too. Most of the issue IMO is team play and support. Many bb's as you pointed out sit back like arty and really do little to no good for the team, while I also see the opposite, not very often compared, that rush in and get wrecked (indecently blame the team because the team forced them? CV didn't spot? etc.). Lower tier bb's secondary isn't worth wasting commander points at first but instead gun, reload, location finder, target, torp damage reduction are far more important, but for me when you get tier 8, I go secondary build along with torp and target as needed (dd's can start launching torps comfortably at range). But each ship is different still.

[TF_64]
Members
59 posts
12,541 battles

Unrealistically good torps and DD stealth is the real problem. They have dispersion for the guns but torps always run straight and true without any duds or deflections.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,113 posts
13,531 battles
3 hours ago, Original_Sean said:

Unrealistically good torps and DD stealth is the real problem. They have dispersion for the guns but torps always run straight and true without any duds or deflections.

Torpedoes and shellfire both have dispersion. Also, why should torpedoes have duds if shells do not have duds? Dodging torpedo damage should be skill-based, not skill-based and/or luck-based.

Sign in to follow this