You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Is Enterprise still OP?

28 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

I saw this video from TopTier last night - and I admit my lust for the "Big E" has pretty much gone away now. 

• Sad 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles

Yup rocket planes are now meh DB planes have weird rng so basically now you have only torps :Smile_sceptic: Don't want the Big E anymore if got it now it would sit in my harbor :Smile_teethhappy: Of course you will find some in-game saying it is though :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

I watched this video and it leads me to believe that my working theory is correct on why these changes happen are a subtle way of nurfing premiums without openly saying they are nurfing premiums. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,818 posts
24,348 battles

Toptier just released a video on her....

Testing it out in New release. 

[A-D-F]
9,453 posts

I don't like ships because they are OP.  I like ships because I like the play style.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't dislike a powerful ship.  If one I like is particularly powerful, I don't hate that about it, but that's not the reason I bought it.

There are plenty of ships that were/are known OP that I could have purchased but I didn't.  In order for me to purchase a ship, I have to like it for it's play style which means I will still like it, even if it takes the nerf bat.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,366 posts
5,519 battles

Rockets alone didn't make her OP, it was the ridiculous regen

[HINON]
Members
9,144 posts
13,633 battles

the mere presence of the Enterprise is what makes her OP, she has the intimidation factor against other CVs, mainly IJN

Edited by tcbaker777

[BONKS]
Members
3,079 posts
52 battles
50 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

from TopTier

There is your problem.

Yes, Enterprise is still overpowered.

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
47 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I watched this video and it leads me to believe that my working theory is correct on why these changes happen are a subtle way of nurfing premiums without openly saying they are nurfing premiums. 

Not gonna lie, I believe this when it comes to the secondaries BBs and the whole massive secondaries accuracy loss fiasco as well. Wargaming nerfed the dispersion skill to indirectly nerf the "overperforming" USN BB trio (Massachusetts, Georgia, Ohio). Sadly, they OVER-nerfed it. They had to tap the hulls a bit with a mallet but instead, they used a sledgehammer.

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

There is your problem.

Yes, Enterprise is still overpowered.

Are you saying TopTier is not Top Tier?!

C-Puff's Stuff — Where do you reccomend to pirate sailor moon?...

• Funny 2

[NUWES]
Members
3,486 posts
13,164 battles

It's fine. I used it a few times since the rework. You have to lead the target a bit more and it is a bit harder to hit DDs but it isn't completely unmanageable. 

[LOVE]
[LOVE]
Members
118 posts
16,550 battles

I won my Enterprise from a contest way back, back when Graf Zeppelin had just been released but taken off the market for not being very good. Then they got rid of a few ships, eliminated the RTS, and implemented a World of Warplanes flying mechanic. I liked it better when the CV was a support role and your fighters could actually support your allies instead of flying around in circles waiting to be shot down while enemy bombers go unchallenged. Sure the strafing mechanic was a bit broken but with the RTS your main opponent was always the other CV, as it should have been.

After watching that video it seems just fine and aged better than most of the premiums from around that time.

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Folks talk about poor Zeppy, and it being the only carrier I only player for whatever reason I feel that, but how is Saipan doing these days? 

Members
10 posts
7,093 battles
15 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Folks talk about poor Zeppy, and it being the only carrier I only player for whatever reason I feel that, but how is Saipan doing these days? 

Saipan Rockets had already gotten whacked pretty hard against DDs with the reticle change, with the bombs arguably being the better option. This only ensures that even more, and depending on how the invincibility during the windup time works it could be a buff against bigger ships? Saipan definitely has been hit inordinately hard by a lot of the CV changes, but imho she is still a pretty decent CV. She isn't mediocre like the Implac or craplike the Zep.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I saw this video from TopTier last night - and I admit my lust for the "Big E" has pretty much gone away now. 

Dude...2 minute mark...

"This is my 1st battle with the new rockets"...

It's a drastic change to mechanic that he's never tested before (& he was still making hits with it) & you're gonna make a (final negative) decision based on that...

Sounds like you had doubts about the big E already & you're just using this for confirmation bias.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,266 battles

I think its AP bombers in addition to its fighter consumables were some of the main factors it is OP. The Hellcats aren't as effective against DDs now however....it's respective to all other carriers after this blanket nerf.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

Rockets alone didn't make her OP, it was the ridiculous regen

If 2/3 of your planes can't hit or have wonky rng having good regen won't matter now won't it :fish_palm:

• Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,267 posts
3 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

1/4 of its planes are useless.

Half of Indom are useless. 

[CMFRT]
Modder
1,081 posts
2,437 battles

Guy says he needs more lead in the video... then proceeds to never actually add more lead... really seems like he needs time to adapt before making a determination about if things are useless or not.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
1 hour ago, Avalon304 said:

Guy says he needs more lead in the video... then proceeds to never actually add more lead... really seems like he needs time to adapt before making a determination about if things are useless or not.

I was almost starting to think he was trolling, deliberately trying to miss to make a sensational video.  To be fair to him, its hard to unlearn something you've been doing for two and half years.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

Pretty sure Lexington is the King of Tier 8 now. Just had 11 games - lost twice - and just carried so hard....

[WGF]
Members
94 posts
4 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Pretty sure Lexington is the King of Tier 8 now. Just had 11 games - lost twice - and just carried so hard....

Yup. HE DBs still just fine for messing up DDs.

And BBs. And Cruisers. And CVs.

And I'm pretty sure for submarines too when they show up.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles
22 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Are you saying TopTier is not Top Tier?!

C-Puff's Stuff — Where do you reccomend to pirate sailor moon?...

Anyone that isn't @El2aZeR is not top tier according to him :Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
6,329 posts
6 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Anyone that isn't @El2aZeR is not top tier according to him :Smile_popcorn:

Yeah, I think he routinely gets his exercise from patting himself on the back, because he's *that good*.  He doesn't want any of the rest of us to forget that, either.  :Smile_popcorn::Smile_facepalm:

[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,587 battles

the more I have tried CVs in Co-Op, the more I get frustrated with the Rocket Planes.