Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Fearless Brawler Captain's Skill

4 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
569 posts

I'd really like to take this skill on some of my gun dds, but I hate losing one of my 3-pt skills (SE, AR, BFT).  Is FB worth sacrificing one of these skills (18 and 19 pt captains)?

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
1 hour ago, AMajor said:

I'd really like to take this skill on some of my gun dds, but I hate losing one of my 3-pt skills (SE, AR, BFT).  Is FB worth sacrificing one of these skills (18 and 19 pt captains)?

BFT (not counting the AA buffs if it still has one... can't recall off hand & on phone so can't check...but in that case the value of the AA buff also needs to be considered) is only 5% reload & FB is 10% reload...& unless you're firing from smoke or behind cover you're gonna be detected.

Almost always helpful in knife fights...maybe not so much if farming ships from cover all the time...but it's when you're detected that you're gonna want the extra kick...especially when a 2nd red DD unexpectedly joins the fight & you haven't quite gotten to the island cover you had set up for escape.

Now that the detection nerf has been removed seems better that the BFT but the extra commander point for FB needs to be considered also...but after 3 points for a 5% buff an extra 1 point to boost it to 10% seems like a good choice between the 2.

Members
104 posts
1,486 battles

If my DD is a smoke DD, like Kitakaze or Friesland, I don't take it. I then go for the usual farming build: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PWSD510&modules=1111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&skills=4610096&ar=100&consumables=1111&pos=0

If my DD is a non-smoke DD, or where her smoke isn't so much for farming, I'd take FB: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PFSD109&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&skills=6445089&ar=100&consumables=111&pos=0

Or even UK DDs. I use Radio Location on my Daring, but I find little use for it in-game. So FB would be a better bonus to gunboat in the open; not ideal, but with short-smokes for disengaging only, not an unreasonable situation: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PBSD109&modules=12121&upgrades=135221&commander=PCW001&skills=6445104&ar=100&consumables=1111&pos=0

MAAS is half the bonus but always active. So it's for smoke shooting. FB is only when detected, so if you don't plan to ambush DDs or be spotted, it's not worth it.

• Thanks 2

[DBM]
Members
569 posts
2 hours ago, Count_pott said:

If my DD is a non-smoke DD, or where her smoke isn't so much for farming, I'd take FB

Thanks for the advice.  Just took FB on my Mogador.  Let's see if I can do better in her.

Sign in to follow this