Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MadMaxMav

CV fighters RUINED !!!

141 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

122
[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
53 posts
16,897 battles

Ya know, Wargaming has done many stupid things, but this is one of the worst because it ruins an important weapon of EVERY CV !!  Bombers are already notoriously inaccurate which takes skill out of the picture, it's luck, except for British carpet bombing and the Lexington & Midway dropping 6 bombs, but now there is just 1 good weapon out of 3 plane types for CV lovers.  That extremely stupid 3 second pause that allows DDs and too often CAs time to avoid taking a hit from rockets just takes away the fun of playing CV !!  I really hate the utter stupidity of Wargaming !!  Y'all cater waaaay too much to the whining CV haters.  Congratulations Wargaming decision makers, you've shown how dumb you are yet again, hope your proud of yourselves like F-students are when they show how proud they are too be ignorant when the teacher calls on them and they have no clue as to the answer. :Smile_izmena:

One way y'all can make for this is increase the number of rockets fired to 12 or 18 for every Tier's CV that whose fighter fires 6-8 rockets.

Edited by MadMaxMav
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 15
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles

But DD players aren't wrong dare you question their exaggerations and low skill yolo playstyle :Smile_teethhappy:  They should be allowed to move with impunity and no one should be able to challenge them they should have immunity from CVs :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

First, its rocket planes that got ruined. Fighters didnt actually get changed from being pretty much useless.

Second: Yea, it now takes some skill to lead and land shots against a DD whos actively trying to play against you. Guranteed damage is bad for the game regardless of class. WG adding more skill to the gameplay of CVs isnt a bad thing.

Third: Bombers, both skip and regular are very effective still, and while RNG does play a part in them(Like every other class) its still very easy to get citadels.

Fourth: This change was done off Data WG had, as they dont listen to the playerbase or even their own chosen testers in some cases.

 

  • Cool 7
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles

Hey.

Just lead.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles
29 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

First, its rocket planes that got ruined. Fighters didnt actually get changed from being pretty much useless.

Second: Yea, it now takes some skill to lead and land shots against a DD whos actively trying to play against you. Guranteed damage is bad for the game regardless of class. WG adding more skill to the gameplay of CVs isnt a bad thing.

Third: Bombers, both skip and regular are very effective still, and while RNG does play a part in them(Like every other class) its still very easy to get citadels.

Fourth: This change was done off Data WG had, as they dont listen to the playerbase or even their own chosen testers in some cases.

 

 

Tell that to unicum players that are easily avoiding the rockets :Smile_hiding: It doesn't matter if you lead target the area of rockets now is static and has a delay which gives players enough time avoid most of it :fish_palm:   Also it very interesting how none of the content creators on youtube aren't making videos of CV rocket nerf :Smile_child: Could it be maybe because they are having a hard time hitting anything and it would prove planes are now useless :Smile_unsure: Wouldnt want to go against CVs are OP narrative now would be :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,009
[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
35 minutes ago, MadMaxMav said:

Congratulations Wargaming decision makers, you've shown how dumb you are yet again, hope your proud of yourselves like F-students are when they show how proud they are too be ignorant when the teacher calls on them and they have no clue as to the answer.

WG makes a change so the interaction is more skill based and you are all upset about that.  You sound like the F student in this case.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts
21 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

 

Tell that to unicum players that are easily avoiding the rockets :Smile_hiding: It doesn't matter if you lead target the area of rockets now is static and has a delay which gives players enough time avoid most of it :fish_palm:   Also it very interesting how none of the content creators on youtube aren't making videos of CV rocket nerf :Smile_child: Could it be maybe because they are having a hard time hitting anything and it would prove planes are now useless :Smile_unsure: Wouldnt want to go against CVs are OP narrative now would be :Smile_popcorn:

Toptier made a video, although he's not a CC it demonstrates how torps/bombers are just better, and more reliable at dealing with DD's now.

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,277
[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
59 minutes ago, MadMaxMav said:

Ya know, Wargaming has done many stupid things, but this is one of the worst because it ruins an important weapon of EVERY CV !!

5dumtt.jpg

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles
3 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

I've already got mine!

32897ca3e34d13d7f5d1b72261b11be638329dbf_hq.gif.e05bcab0e10f9b7ca356f51a1b446ace.gif

Danganronpa, good choice.  

I think Did_I_Hurt_U is being a bit slow passing it over, perhaps I'll steal some of yours.  

Watching crying over something so justified when the irony is this rich makes me very hungry :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,419
[RBMK]
Members
2,321 posts
36,430 battles
1 hour ago, MadMaxMav said:

Ya know, Wargaming has done many stupid things, but this is one of the worst because it ruins an important weapon of EVERY CV !!  Bombers are already notoriously inaccurate which takes skill out of the picture, it's luck, except for British carpet bombing and the Lexington & Midway dropping 6 bombs, but now there is just 1 good weapon out of 3 plane types for CV lovers.  That extremely stupid 3 second pause that allows DDs and too often CAs time to avoid taking a hit from rockets just takes away the fun of playing CV !!  I really hate the utter stupidity of Wargaming !!  Y'all cater waaaay too much to the whining CV haters.  Congratulations Wargaming decision makers, you've shown how dumb you are yet again, hope your proud of yourselves like F-students are when they show how proud they are too be ignorant when the teacher calls on them and they have no clue as to the answer. :Smile_izmena:

One way y'all can make for this is increase the number of rockets fired to 12 or 18 for every Tier's CV that whose fighter fires 6-8 rockets.

It isn’t like surface ships get a pass in having to lead any maneuvering ship and typically not at the close ranges CV players get to rocket, bomb and torpedo from.

I actually feel for CV players in some way because WG let this nonsense go on for 2 1/2 years getting them accustomed to it.

It is kind of like OWSF - WG knew it was a [edited] mechanic and finally did something about it.

Establishing a smoke firing penalty also took time to institute.

It’s a pattern of behavior on the developer's part. Implement something that is obviously broken, let it linger until the next new thing pops into their head, nerf the old thing and introduce a new broken thing. Enter submarines stage right.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[-HUGS]
Members
216 posts
6,539 battles

IMHO, it is not a bad change, but it's either incomplete or overdone. See, "just lead" is a perfectly acceptable response BUT, in CV's defense, they are not well equipped to do it currently.

Unlike main armements for surface ships, they don't get sight that allows them to precisely aim shots according to a ship speed. Torpedo boats even get an area indicator,  indicating how much of a lead you need if the ship doesn't change course.
Now, not only does a CV don't get anything like that, but he has much less time on his hand to evaluate the ship's probable trajectory and make a prediction, especially when using fast planes and trying to mitigate AA damage.

I believe the data will eventually make a case for either a buff to the timing/reticle of some rocket planes, or an improvement on the sight/aiming assistance for CV players. The later would probably be preferable because:
A: it doesn't benefit super unicums who don't need any type of aiming assistance anyways.
B: it doesn't negatively impact the destroyer's chances at evading rockets. It just improves chances for the average potato at making a somewhat accurate prediction.

Time will tell. Better than average players will adapt in the interim.

Edited by Mr_Argamas
typo
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles
5 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

No stealing my popcorn!

Dangan ronpa junko enoshima GIF - Find on GIFER

Tsk tsk, stingy.  When you aren't looking its my time to shine

After all, the demand of popcorn is sure to go up at least 1000% for this performance :cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles
50 minutes ago, Arctic_Chann said:

Toptier made a video, although he's not a CC it demonstrates how torps/bombers are just better, and more reliable at dealing with DD's now.

 

 

Just saw the video this video proves my point :Smile_popcorn: Not everyone has Enterprise yet the best CV hunter now is having trouble hitting anything that does simple turning or dodging :Smile_trollface:  First hit against a Cruiser was easy because the Cruiser was sailing in a straight line but once he made a turn he barely hit it :Smile_teethhappy: I doubt he was aiming for the tail of ship he himself is saying it is next to impossible to hit certain DDs no matter what you do :Smile_hiding:So the whole JUST LEAD TARGET IS :etc_swear: Thank you proving my point :Smile_trollface:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
59 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

 

Tell that to unicum players that are easily avoiding the rockets :Smile_hiding: It doesn't matter if you lead target the area of rockets now is static and has a delay which gives players enough time avoid most of it :fish_palm:   Also it very interesting how none of the content creators on youtube aren't making videos of CV rocket nerf :Smile_child: Could it be maybe because they are having a hard time hitting anything and it would prove planes are now useless :Smile_unsure: Wouldnt want to go against CVs are OP narrative now would be :Smile_popcorn:

Ahskance has been streaming playing CVs (obviously).

I think it was last night he stated 'Does getting nerfed suck? Yes, but it was needed'.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,178
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
54 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Hey.

Just lead.

You can lead as much as you want, any DD who's paying attention has more than enough warning now to "Just Dodge." It's pretty much impossible to hit a decent DD with rockets now. Not that I disagree with the change (I wouldn't mind seeing rockets go away completely), but I don't think it really fixes the problem. CVs can still spot which is the big problem, and most of them can still bring in the Dive Bombers which are really a nastier weapon against DDs.

4 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

It is kind of like OWSF - WG knew it was a [edited] mechanic and finally did something about it.

OWSF was intended and IMO was a good one. You had to be pretty good to pull it off. It just got to the point where too many ships were doing it. One ship spamming unspotted was one thing, half the team doing it was another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Ahskance has been streaming playing CVs (obviously).

I think it was last night he stated 'Does getting nerfed suck? Yes, but it was needed'.

Really interesting how some of his recent youtube videos say otherwise sounds to me like he is extremely frustrated  :Smile_bajan2: Not to mention he was playing DD ships I wonder why :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts

 

Just now, LastRemnant said:

Really interesting how some of his youtube videos say otherwise sounds to me like he is extremely frustrated  :Smile_bajan2:

The word 'sucks' tends to relay frustration yes.

The phrase, 'but it was needed' indicates a realisation that the change needed to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles
8 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

 

The word 'sucks' tends to relay frustration yes.

The phrase, 'but it was needed' indicates a realisation that the change needed to be made.

 

Right whatever you say still don't change the fact that rocket planes against people actually paying attention are now useless :Smile_hiding:  Anyone can hit a target that moving in a straight line :Smile_smile:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
79 posts
53 battles
28 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Danganronpa, good choice.  

I think Did_I_Hurt_U is being a bit slow passing it over, perhaps I'll steal some of yours.  

Watching crying over something so justified when the irony is this rich makes me very hungry :Smile-_tongue:

Sry, ok I'm ready. 

3898069-1401115856539311_animate.gif.6fdf0072d375169dbc17c030426c7033.gif

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[AOD_C]
Members
324 posts
1,749 battles
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

First, its rocket planes that got ruined. Fighters didnt actually get changed from being pretty much useless.

Honestly, they got even more useless, even as a spotting tool, DD's are emboldened to shoot the damn things down the moment they are put up without any chance of reprisal from the CV.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,942
[CNO]
Members
6,737 posts
20,178 battles

It took me one match to figure it out.  Second match...I was hitting pretty good.  Not as good as before, but still getting decent hits..on DDs. BBs...no change.  CA/CL...haven't targeted any yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles
11 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

You can lead as much as you want, any DD who's paying attention has more than enough warning now to "Just Dodge." It's pretty much impossible to hit a decent DD with rockets now. Not that I disagree with the change (I wouldn't mind seeing rockets go away completely), but I don't think it really fixes the problem. CVs can still spot which is the big problem, and most of them can still bring in the Dive Bombers which are really a nastier weapon against DDs.

Oh, I agree.  But being told how I'm an incompetent player (welcome to check for yourself) as CV players would just farm us out is a step in the right direction, and the irony of that contemptuous attitude is truly an ironic thing now.  CVs are still the most powerful class by far, but this is WG and the playerbase is what it is.  Gotta take victories where I can get them these days.  I've cited why CVs are busted ad nauseum, and players who are even better than me have gone into this at length who also play CV.

Just the irony is too delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[AOD_C]
Members
324 posts
1,749 battles
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

It took me one match to figure it out.  Second match...I was hitting pretty good.  Not as good as before, but still getting decent hits..on DDs. BBs...no change.  CA/CL...haven't targeted any yet.

Which CV are you using, because some CV's felt this nerf a lot more than others.  I'm adapting well enough with my Tims, but my ability to put them on target for anything but BB's has effectively evaporated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
10 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

 

Right whatever you say still don't change the fact that rocket planes against people actually paying attention are now useless :Smile_hiding:  Anyone can hit a target that moving in a straight line :Smile_smile:

Some CV players say 'don't cater to the poor play of DDs' - then some say 'most DDs dodged rocket attacks anyway'. The story seems to change depending on the point they are trying to make. :Smile_amazed:

If DD players were getting hit all the time with no real way to defend, then the interaction was no more different than the old OWSF, where an enemy peppered away at you and you could do nothing about it. If you want to relate the change to CV play, then the CV rework was partly brought about because one good CV player could kill another too quickly. So WG reworked so the CV was better protected - this is also the case with fire chance/duration with them - to make sure they don't die too quickly - and not one has a problem with that.

So if WG can completely rework a ship type to better protect those that play them in general - why not do the same thing for another ship type? (by adding 4-5 secs to a rocket strike). Especially if that ship type is the worst surviving one on average anyway.

 

Of course, if rocket attacks were something that were dodged by most DDs as some CV players are also saying, then the impact that this change will have on CVs who saw their rockets missing is low.

The fact is WG have found that the DD/Rocket interaction is detrimental to DD players to the point like with OWSF, or the CV killing CV too fast (which contributed to the whole CV rework!), they have had to take action...and monitor the results. Things could change in future, but it doesn't stop the fact WG believe this change is needed now. :Smile_honoring:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,097
[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles

Is it possible for CV players to wait for a single patch cycle to pass? Nothing will happen before that anyway, and if the class popularity drops they will either nerf the concealment by air of DDs, or make some other tweak.

It's well known that WG often balances on popularity.

Just now, CaliburxZero said:

Oh, I agree.  But being told how I'm an incompetent player (welcome to check for yourself) as CV players would just farm us out is a step in the right direction, and the irony of that contemptuous attitude is truly an ironic thing now.  CVs are still the most powerful class by far, but this is WG and the playerbase is what it is.  Gotta take victories where I can get them these days.  I've cited why CVs are busted ad nauseum, and players who are even better than me have gone into this at length who also play CV.

Just the irony is too delicious.

In these dumpster discussions you will never win when skill comes into play; you are either incompetent and incapable of judging mechanics or you are too good at the game, so what applies for you doesn't apply to the average.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×