You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wes_361

My idea about the attack plane situation.

4 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,479 battles

I think the newly added strafing run that comes before the rockets should damage and or disable any weapons that don't have armor protecting them by killing or maiming the crew of the ship. Weather the crew get their own HP or not is up to WG but I think its a great balance between pre and post nerf.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,217 posts

Solution indicates there is a problem? I believe the problem was that the constant rocket attacks by CVs on DDs was seen as unacceptable by WG - the change was the solution to that problem.

Of course there could be other issues that this change may introduce, and I'm all for monitoring those changes and making warranted changes (like the rocket change) if they are needed - but I think that we need to wait and give the changes a chance to take affect (who knows I might negate some of the change by learning how to readjust my lead time to my rocket attacks?). :Smile_honoring:

[-KA-]
Members
161 posts
5,391 battles

My question is, if hybrids can launch bombers, why are there NO launch able fighter / counter air missions?  I'd give my right nut for a fighter squadron to wipe the skies of the infernal cv menace.  WG should sell fighter squadron equipped/controllable hybrids...  Sell like hotcakes!!!

[PVE]
Members
9,283 posts
25,820 battles
4 hours ago, wes_361 said:

I think the newly added strafing run that comes before the rockets should damage and or disable any weapons that don't have armor protecting them by killing or maiming the crew of the ship. Weather the crew get their own HP or not is up to WG but I think its a great balance between pre and post nerf.

The article straight up said the strafes will do no damage AT THIS TIME...

Which means they probably intend for them to do damage later...if needed..to adjust the balance...but in the meantime are going to be checking the numbers as they are for now...

It takes awhile for most people to adjust to massive changes..of course the numbers are showing a drastic spike right now...but as more people learn to adjust to the changes the numbers will eventually level out some - any tweaks needed will be able to be determined then...as in...

SOON™

Dang...just realized who's probably (no insider info...just a hunch) gonna get those strafe runs that do damage (to balance out the fact they only get 1 attack per squadron)...

Glorious Russian Balanze Incoming Comrade.