You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpinBR

Rework on the CV rockets. maybe i have an idea

Switch from Rockets to Machine Gun  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Replace rockets with machine guns

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe it can work.
    • I think it's not as effective as it should be/I think it's a bad idea.

15 comments in this topic

[EURUS]
Members
31 posts
2,253 battles

All of us CV players know how difficult this game has been lately. The rocket now was a big, hard blow. I was thinking. if WG really wanted to change in this case of the Rockets. Why not replace them with Airplanes with pure MGs? In addition to damage, they would work as a means of disabling most of an enemy ship's AAs. The damage doesn't have to be HUGE. but it would give another view to the game. What do you think? This is just an idea I had and I want to know what the CV community thinks.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,246 posts
10,482 battles
44 minutes ago, SpinBR said:

All of us CV players know how difficult this game has been lately. The rocket now was a big, hard blow. I was thinking. if WG really wanted to change in this case of the Rockets. Why not replace them with Airplanes with pure MGs? In addition to damage, they would work as a means of disabling most of an enemy ship's AAs. The damage doesn't have to be HUGE. but it would give another view to the game. What do you think? This is just an idea I had and I want to know what the CV community thinks.

Which carrier are you having problems with? Because after testing the tier 10s, hak and midway TT are The only ones drastically affected. 

Edited by Merc_R_Us

[ARPGT]
Members
80 posts
6,874 battles
11 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Which carrier are you having problems with? Because after testing the tier 10s, hak and midway TT are The only ones drastically affected. 

Understandably so, considering how expensive this one is to get, but FDR's rocket planes are just scout planes at this point. A solid 4-5 second delay before the rockets fire, not to mention the entire attack pattern is completely different. 4-5 seconds is easily enough of a time for a DD to sail right past the reticle and take no damage. Out of 52 rockets, you'll be lucky to hit 2-3. Forget bombers, you'll be lucky to land near a DD.

Edited by Rose_Bomb

Members
962 posts
220 battles

We already had (and have) planes with machine guns.  In the RTS mode, they were player-controlled fighters.  Now they're just fighters.

Beta Testers
109 posts
14,488 battles

If all these CV mains remember what was in the developer's blog about the rocket change would have noticed that they did say that they would turn on machine gun damage if needed. I would expect some changes are coming with the next patch, either a shorter lag time to firing off rockets and / or machine guns doing damage. This is just more live server testing that us players that really don't care to take part in. 

Have fun playing all

[SIM]
Members
1,722 posts

Just make fighters do what they are made to do. Have the deploy to screen the fleet and attack other aircraft. Get rid of that useless bot fighter that only fly in circles and attacks only when it wants to.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,282 posts
21,135 battles

I suggest CV’s have a separate mode like clan brawls. Offer some missions in the mode involving CV’s to be a incentive. That would give players who do not like playing with CV’s in the game a CV free mode.

If this was done, roll back the latest nerf to the rocket planes. If it’s not going to be a separate mode, then we will probably be in for some tweaking with the rockets to fine tune. Like the AA went back and forth while it was being adjusted.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[LVTTZ]
Members
540 posts
20,290 battles

Sorry they dont want out ideas...working as intended....

[-TKS-]
Members
1,246 posts
10,482 battles
2 hours ago, Rose_Bomb said:

Understandably so, considering how expensive this one is to get, but FDR's rocket planes are just scout planes at this point. A solid 4-5 second delay before the rockets fire, not to mention the entire attack pattern is completely different. 4-5 seconds is easily enough of a time for a DD to sail right past the reticle and take no damage. Out of 52 rockets, you'll be lucky to hit 2-3. Forget bombers, you'll be lucky to land near a DD.

And the bombers are actually decent but it is dodgable.  In my opinion, you should never be taking out the rockets and FDR until You're down to two planes in each of the other types

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Frankly - of the CV's I tested live and on the PTS this is uniquely a problem to CV's using fewer larger rockets, I can't speak for FDR, don't have one and likely will never have enough steel to get one. Which anyone who actually understands the game could have told them without ever actually testing it because it's not the larger, already less accurate rockets that are ripping DD's apart usually (and even when they are TT's are basically a Battleship round, they should hurt) it's the 5-6 inch rockets used typically by USN and UK. Hell I went as far as to capture video on PTS and link it in the feedback of me tired as hell, and in one case on hospital prescription meds that made me loopy, managing to score larger hits on DD's still with the high volume rockets. Hell my first battle on live I managed to land 10 hits on a DD in a single attack that took a large chunk. Am I doing that consistently - not yet, not as much as I was pre-patch anyway.

This change was a joke that long term - is only going to drive away lesser skilled CV players, again, and for any that are stubborn of that group, increase the skill gap, again, between good/great CV players that can obliterate DD's with smaller rockets and lower skill ones who struggle to therefore giving a team an edge because one can keep it's DD's while the other can't. And will likely be followed up by what should have happened without this dumb change - a nerf to rocket alpha damage. 

We should just revert to the previous rocket aiming, and cut the damage of the FFAR, HVAR, and RP-3 by 40-60%. If they want to add machine guns - 1, maybe 2 seconds of gunfire and only if it's going to have a point like knocking out AA guns or other unarmoured modules. 

[CAN1A]
Members
1 post
9,952 battles

I've been playing WOWS for over 5 years and have seen many changes to CVs. This latest crippling change to the attack planes is the WORST idea I have ever seen. Attack planes are now mostly useless. In real life a DD is no match for a CV--ever. In this whacked-out game, a CV is almost defenseless against a dodgy DD player that gets past the Cruisers. It feels like its time to move on past WOWS...

[META_]
Members
73 posts
1,956 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I suggest CV’s have a separate mode like clan brawls. Offer some missions in the mode involving CV’s to be a incentive. That would give players who do not like playing with CV’s in the game a CV free mode.

If this was done, roll back the latest nerf to the rocket planes. If it’s not going to be a separate mode, then we will probably be in for some tweaking with the rockets to fine tune. Like the AA went back and forth while it was being adjusted.

This sounds like a crazy idea. Not only would most players never play in CV games essentially killing the class, whenever you design a ship you have to take into account all different elements of the game interact with the ship, do you take some power here to put there? Essentially killing alot of ships in different modes 

We just need a way surface ships can interact with CV's more so when they complain about planes we can call them poopoo and move on. 

[MUG-T]
Members
807 posts
4,360 battles
8 hours ago, Rose_Bomb said:

to be fair you couldn't hit DDs with FDR rockets anyways

[AOD_C]
Members
324 posts
1,749 battles
8 hours ago, Rose_Bomb said:

Hate to rain on your parade here, but of all the CV's under discussion, it was the FDR that badly needed a nerf ... it still does.

[ARPGT]
Members
80 posts
6,874 battles
On 6/19/2021 at 2:03 AM, C4Cypher said:

Hate to rain on your parade here, but of all the CV's under discussion, it was the FDR that badly needed a nerf ... it still does.

While I agree the FDR needed a nerf, I wouldn't go so far to say that it was the Rocket planes that needed nerfing out of everything else it has.