You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

New auctions announced for 0.10.5

31 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,411 posts
7,154 battles

Considering there's some stuff planned, there are also new auctions incoming, starting July 2nd.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0105-the-grand-battle/

Lots

U.S. Commander Theodor "Trouble" Murphy with 14 skill points, plus 20 Rising camouflages

Sharks permanent camouflage for X Worcester

Eagles permanent camouflage for X Worcester

100,000 Coal

X Somers commemorative flag

Auctions are cross-server—players on all World of Warships regions (CIS, EU, NA, and ASIA) compete with each other for the same lots, so the final number of winners is shared between the four servers.

Will be interesting to see minimum bids, especially for the coal. Also the explanation for prize pool was updated to reflect the correct status.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,024 posts
7,867 battles

Clearly I'll never have enough resources to even bother to look at these anymore.. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,631 battles

I'm going to guess that the minimum bid for the 100,000 coal is going to exceed 100,000,000 million credits this go round.

[-TRM-]
Members
0 posts

Yup.

I am working on rounding up 200 million minimum bid. If I have to compete with the billion credit world wide whales across all WOWs servers I might have to whale another 200 for a total of 400 million. Maybe.

Anything less than 200 mil is puny and a waste of time.

Edited by xHeavy

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,337 posts

Why not have each server have their own stuff . Devs haven't unified the game like this so why now and why this .

Not like the algorithm can be place on all the servers .

[GOCRY]
Members
971 posts
8 minutes ago, Versili said:

Why not have each server have their own stuff . Devs haven't unified the game like this so why now and why this .

Because scarcity drives up prices.

• Cool 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,337 posts
7 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Because scarcity drives up prices.

Ehh figures....staying out of those things . Not worth it. 

• Cool 1

[GOCRY]
Members
971 posts

Me too.  I mean, if I had hundreds of thousands of credits with nothing to spend it on, then sure, why not?  But that probably won’t ever be the case for me.

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,509 posts
18,522 battles
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Remember, people - if what you're looking for is a permacamo for Worcester with the usual Tier 10 bonuses, and you don't care what it looks like, that will cost you 5000 doubloons.

If you want one of these specific camos because you're willing to pay extra for the cool factor, how much extra it's worth (and how much you consequently end up paying) is a matter for your own judgement.

• Cool 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,514 posts
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

I don't think you have to be dramatic. $115M should be enough. If not, there will be another auction.

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

if what you're looking for is a permacamo for Worcester

Which you shouldn't be, because it got hit hard by the nerf hammer.

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
2 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

I'm going to guess that the minimum bid for the 100,000 coal is going to exceed 100,000,000 million credits this go round.

I expect coal to cost less, with the big buyers already have thrown a chunk of bank on the first bid. Either way, time will tell. 

• Cool 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,337 posts
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

Me too.  I mean, if I had hundreds of thousands of credits with nothing to spend it on, then sure, why not?  But that probably won’t ever be the case for me.

Have over 100 mill credits but I'll save them for ships of the line and other thing I may want to splurge on.

[KSD]
Members
245 posts
9,639 battles
14 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I expect coal to cost less, with the big buyers already have thrown a chunk of bank on the first bid. Either way, time will tell. 

I actually expect the coal to go for more this time - the community thought it was 5k winners per server last time, and we didn't know what value the community was going to place on it.  Now that we know the lowest winning bid for 100k coal was around 80M, I think most people who can afford it are going to bid significantly over that number to make sure they get it.  I think it's going to be a 100M lowest winning bid this time around. 

Which sucks, because that's more than I want to spend, but not so much that I can't afford it. 

[CAP]
Members
443 posts
18,020 battles
4 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Yup.

I am working on rounding up 200 million minimum bid. If I have to compete with the billion credit world wide whales across all WOWs servers I might have to whale another 200 for a total of 400 million. Maybe.

First run the min bid winner for the 100k coal was about 82M credits.  So 100M might be enough.

[-TRM-]
Members
0 posts
38 minutes ago, Jitta77 said:

First run the min bid winner for the 100k coal was about 82M credits.  So 100M might be enough.

Not now it wont.

Community learned a lesson vs the world the first auction.

25 asking 82 mil lowest winner some won at 200 mil.

Fine drop 200 mil and get the pile. IF I LOST at 200 mil because some whales elswhere got it at 300 and a billion etc then no more [edited] Auctions for me period. First time happensance, Second time coincidink, Third time enemy action. F that.

I worked a auction house as a crew boss for 10 years, prices only go up. Especially if certain specific high end dealers decided to bid. These few dealers out of 400 on site facing 2000 cars for sale weekly almost never bid. UNLESS they find either a virgin cherry or a GEM. Once they say YEP! the whole damn barn goes crazy bidding with both hands.

Edited by xHeavy

[SGSS]
Members
6,224 posts
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Considering there's some stuff planned, there are also new auctions incoming, starting July 2nd.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0105-the-grand-battle/

Lots

U.S. Commander Theodor "Trouble" Murphy with 14 skill points, plus 20 Rising camouflages

100,000 Coal

X Somers commemorative flag

Auctions are cross-server—players on all World of Warships regions (CIS, EU, NA, and ASIA) compete with each other for the same lots, so the final number of winners is shared between the four servers.

Will be interesting to see minimum bids, especially for the coal. Also the explanation for prize pool was updated to reflect the correct status.

1 mill went for 50k coal.  So 3 mill for 100k?

Go team Eagle!!!!:cap_viking:

Edited by jags_domain

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
2,008 posts
13,816 battles
4 hours ago, Versili said:

Because WG is cheap.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
2,008 posts
13,816 battles

Hey, WG, make this interesting and offer 20,000 research points….

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
5 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

I'm going to guess that the minimum [winning] bid for the 100,000 coal is going to exceed 100,000,000 million credits this go round.

I'm not so sure.  Thirst for Coal may have been satisfied somewhat by the last round, and the previous win floor will discourage others.  If I had the minimum bid hanging loose, I might venture it.  Or something reasonable, anyway.  It might be wise to wait for the results to see what trends are at work before risking much.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Remember, people - if what you're looking for is a permacamo for Worcester with the usual Tier 10 bonuses, and you don't care what it looks like, that will cost you 5000 doubloons.

If you want one of these specific camos because you're willing to pay extra for the cool factor, how much extra it's worth (and how much you consequently end up paying) is a matter for your own judgement.

I'm glad that I already got the Shark camo, back during the event years ago... though I do not have Wooster to mount it on... lol. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Fine drop 200 mil and get the pile. IF I LOST at 200 mil because some whales elswhere got it at 300 and a billion etc then no more [edited] Auctions for me period. First time happensance, Second time coincidink, Third time enemy action. F that.

Are you familiar with Aesop's Fables?  There was this fox, see ...

1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

I worked a auction house as a crew boss for 10 years, prices only go up.

How is that analogous?  They're not auctioning off a single object multiple times, but multiple copies.  Like, "Here's 100 rare prints." Next week. "Here's 100 more of the same rare prints." With at least 200 in circulation, the price for each of the next 100 should drop.

Edited by iDuckman

[-TRM-]
Members
0 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Are you familiar with Aesop's Fables?  There was this fox, see ...

I am familiar with all of them.

Me is thinking of the scorpion that was helped across the river by another animal. Then the scorpion stung same because its what it does. It cannot help it.

Talking to WG or WOWS stuff on forums is like the King telling the sea to be calm during a storm. Like thats happening.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
2 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I am familiar with all of them.

Me is thinking of the scorpion that was helped across the river by another animal. Then the scorpion stung same because its what it does. It cannot help it.

Talking to WG or WOWS stuff on forums is like the King telling the sea to be calm during a storm. Like thats happening.

Stung?  Or simply deprived of the grapes?

Besides, it's not WG doing it to you, it's your fellow whales.