Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pepe_trueno

plea to WG, make AA skills/modules actually useful!

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
722 posts
5,698 battles

if you are going to flood the game with CVs, hybrids, air strikes and what not  please make AA related skills/modules worth picking 

auxiliary armament mod 1: add that destroyed secondary and AA guns can be repaired either by using DCP or a 1 minute timer

AA Guns Modification 1: anyone use this? please change it to something usefull like enemy planes on the reinforced side have +20% to their maximum dispersion

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2: not a terrible upgrade like the others but still a hard pass when compare to the other options, a number buff would be welcome

 

captain skills:

not much to be said here other than they are lackluster at best.  Lets not forget this are dedicated skills that have cero effect when fighting other ships so if we are to spend points into them they have to be good at what they do. 

 

 

 

  

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Cool 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,672
[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles

AA *is* useful.  The problem is that complainers like you seem to think that unless you swatting entire squadrons from the air at once, AA must be useless.  What drivel.  :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 6
  • Meh 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles

I signed on to play world of warSHIPS, not world of warPLANES.

All of these aircraft flooding the game ruin it.  The people defending them are those abusing them for their own benefit.

Carriers are the only ships in the game that can spot, harass, and attack anything and everything on the enemy team without any risk at all to their own ship, so yes:
 

4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

that unless you swatting entire squadrons from the air at once, AA must be useless

this is exactly correct.  It doesn't matter if your AA takes down 90% of a squadron, it can still do damage to you, to your team, and can locate you for everyone on the carrier's team.

AA needs a total rework, because right now it's just ineffective firework [edited].

  • Cool 9
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,934
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

AA *is* useful.  The problem is that complainers like you seem to think that unless you swatting entire squadrons from the air at once, AA must be useless.  What drivel.  :Smile_facepalm:

This, WG has stated that a full squadron strike should get ONE pass off. I think that once the shiny new thing effect wears off that they will not be overly common in matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
325
Members
229 posts
71 battles
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, WG has stated that a full squadron strike should get ONE pass off. I think that once the shiny new thing effect wears off that they will not be overly common in matches.

 

Should, a non-committal word that can mean yes and no, and provides ZERO governance on how the mechanic will work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,934
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles
4 minutes ago, Pebcac said:

 

Should, a non-committal word that can mean yes and no, and provides ZERO governance on how the mechanic will work

Actually except for a few ships unless the player has spec'ed for AA at least one pass should get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
718
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,218 posts
5,370 battles

No matter how strong they are it still won't be useful because taking those skills/modules actively detracts from your ship's performance in other areas, and that CVs aren't in every match, and even the ones they're in you aren't guaranteed to be struck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412
[AC1]
Members
244 posts
375 battles
8 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

No matter how strong they are it still won't be useful because taking those skills/modules actively detracts from your ship's performance in other areas, and that CVs aren't in every match, and even the ones they're in you aren't guaranteed to be struck.

I have a Dallas set up for AA support, and the last time it got into a match with cvs, I still only got 3 planes shot down because the cv kept attacking allies on the other side of the map.   I was literally chasing planes in an aa ship the entire match and only got 3.

 

AA needs changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,521
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,484 posts
6,352 battles
3 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

if you are going to flood the game with CVs, hybrids, air strikes and what not  please make AA related skills/modules worth picking 

auxiliary armament mod 1: add that destroyed secondary and AA guns can be repaired either by using DCP or a 1 minute timer

AA Guns Modification 1: anyone use this? please change it to something usefull like enemy planes on the reinforced side have +20% to their maximum dispersion

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2: not a terrible upgrade like the others but still a hard pass when compare to the other options, a number buff would be welcome

 

captain skills:

not much to be said here other than they are lackluster at best.  Lets not forget this are dedicated skills that have cero effect when fighting other ships so if we are to spend points into them they have to be good at what they do. 

Define "useful".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,723
[KIA-C]
Members
3,815 posts
16,733 battles

If CV can casually regen plane, then a good start would be that ship can also regen lost AA.

 

Especially when CV themselve can destroy your AA mount with their rockets/HE DB. 

 

This would be a great start. 

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,672
[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles
On 6/13/2021 at 10:19 PM, Lynx7386 said:

I signed on to play world of warSHIPS, not world of warPLANES.

All of these aircraft flooding the game ruin it.  The people defending them are those abusing them for their own benefit.

Carriers are the only ships in the game that can spot, harass, and attack anything and everything on the enemy team without any risk at all to their own ship, so yes:
 

this is exactly correct.  It doesn't matter if your AA takes down 90% of a squadron, it can still do damage to you, to your team, and can locate you for everyone on the carrier's team.

AA needs a total rework, because right now it's just ineffective firework [edited].

You're making a false assumption.  I don't play CVs all that often because I'm just not very good with  them.  And you should stop abusing people who do play CVs because I'm quite sure that there are many like me who also aren't all that good with CVs, but perhaps they just like playing carriers.

My god, the amount of self-entitlement in this post is staggering.  I manage to do just fine against CVs and on those rare occasions where a CV does focus me, I don't come running to the forum to throw a temper tantrum.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,672
[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles
2 hours ago, Lynx7386 said:

I have a Dallas set up for AA support, and the last time it got into a match with cvs, I still only got 3 planes shot down because the cv kept attacking allies on the other side of the map.   I was literally chasing planes in an aa ship the entire match and only got 3.

 

AA needs changes.

Stop whining.  This is the reality of strong AA ships.  They often scare more planes away than they actually shoot down.  The Halland and Smaland both have excellent AA for tier 10 DDs, but they're often ignored by CVs because those CVs would rather not lose 30 planes just to attack them when there are other, less dangerous (to their planes) enemy ships out there.

And AA is fine as is.  The problem is whiney players.

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,471 posts
4,779 battles
25 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If CV can casually regen plane, then a good start would be that ship can also regen lost AA.

 

Especially when CV themselve can destroy your AA mount with their rockets/HE DB. 

 

This would be a great start. 

That or introduce a strike and scout stance. When flying around you can spot for the team, but when going for strikes or entering strike cooldown they no longer feed information to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
654
[NSEW]
Members
2,477 posts
12,059 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This, WG has stated that a full squadron strike should get ONE pass off. I think that once the shiny new thing effect wears off that they will not be overly common in matches.

Sadly, using such words as "should" leaves for plenty of options.  Whilst we may decipher this as 1 (actual)/3 (full squadron) or 1 (Actual)/6 (full squadron) passes.  In reality, a full squadron can get at least 2 passes (even for a meagre average potato like me) on target.  Which equates to quite the relative damage depending on the arsenal used vs ship type (HP). 

 

I understand that the no go AA mechanic is not useful for anyone (pre CV rework mechanic).  It's not fun & fair for the CV, and not really of useful wasted upgrade path (when you don't know if there will be a CV).  

 

WG would be wise to tweak the relevant AA modules, DFAA consumables, to fit the current meta. As these haven't changed much throughout the upgrade patch progressions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[BONKS]
Members
2,843 posts
52 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

The problem is that complainers like you seem to think that unless you swatting entire squadrons from the air at once, AA must be useless.

So when even the worst CV players can field viable attack wings for pretty much the entire match, would that be considered a problem?

Because that is the current state of affairs.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,127
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
4 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If CV can casually regen plane, then a good start would be that ship can also regen lost AA.

 

Especially when CV themselve can destroy your AA mount with their rockets/HE DB. 

 

This would be a great start. 

Makes to much sense. I agree though, AA mounts should regen, unless they are also secondary batteries. put it on the same timer as the average plane restoration for that tier. Odd tiers get an inbetween time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
661
[-AFK-]
Members
1,266 posts
15,890 battles
9 hours ago, Crucis said:

AA *is* useful.  The problem is that complainers like you seem to think that unless you swatting entire squadrons from the air at once, AA must be useless.  What drivel.  :Smile_facepalm:

I respectfully disagree, FDR, low tiers, there is plenty that needs to be done with AA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,064
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,341 posts

Actually AA is worse than before. In some modes like clan battle etc you might as well not have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
7,823 battles

Wouldn't really make any sense for  WG to actually make AA upgrade/skills god-like..    If they did most players would stop playing CVs?  If players stopped playing CV's then surface ship players would stop upgrading skllls or equipment to face CVs?    You see the conundrum...   

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,127
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
15 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Wouldn't really make any sense for  WG to actually make AA upgrade/skills god-like..    If they did most players would stop playing CVs?  If players stopped playing CV's then surface ship players would stop upgrading skllls or equipment to face CVs?    You see the conundrum...   

One of the things they stated with the rework was they didnt want to make aa skills and equipment useless.

AA skills are now split off from the skills they previously attached too, skills that i took because they buffed the main battery as well on most ships that make decent aa platforms. Now i dont take them. Only two ships will end up with aa skills out of my entire fleet and its because they dont have torpedoes.

I never took aa equipment to begin with.

So while making aa to strong is bad, aa is in a bad place at the moment imo.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
7,823 battles
11 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

One of the things they stated with the rework was they didnt want to make aa skills and equipment useless.

AA skills are now split off from the skills they previously attached too, skills that i took because they buffed the main battery as well on most ships that make decent aa platforms. Now i dont take them. Only two ships will end up with aa skills out of my entire fleet and its because they dont have torpedoes.

I never took aa equipment to begin with.

So while making aa to strong is bad, aa is in a bad place at the moment imo.

Most smart players don't take them and this is still because Carriers are not as commonly played and your just as likely or more likely to have games without CVs and in those cases the skills are a waste..especially at high tiers.    Which, I suspect,  is exactly why WG has tried to make CV play more common.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,588 posts
18,366 battles
2 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Most smart players don't take them and this is still because Carriers are not as commonly played and your just as likely or more likely to have games without CVs and in those cases the skills are a waste..especially at high tiers.    Which, I suspect,  is exactly why WG has tried to make CV play more common.   

The game is changing... hybrid BBs... the Dutch line with attack aircraft... planes are coming from more than just CVs. The days of feeling you've wasted an AA build on your ship because you have many games with no CVs is gone. Soon every game will have at least a few ships that will be able to hit you with aircraft.

This game is rapidly evolving from WoWShips into WoWPlanes.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
394
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
583 posts
13,165 battles
11 hours ago, Lynx7386 said:

I signed on to play world of warSHIPS, not world of warPLANES.

All of these aircraft flooding the game ruin it.  The people defending them are those abusing them for their own benefit.

Carriers are the only ships in the game that can spot, harass, and attack anything and everything on the enemy team without any risk at all to their own ship, so yes:
 

this is exactly correct.  It doesn't matter if your AA takes down 90% of a squadron, it can still do damage to you, to your team, and can locate you for everyone on the carrier's team.

AA needs a total rework, because right now it's just ineffective firework [edited].

Funny you are saying CVs are so overpowered but have never played them.  I bet you would be complaining about how hard it is to get a strike in with all the AA if you did play them.  You need to play different when there is a CV just like if you are on a flank with a couple torp DDs.  Stay closer to allies and group up your AA bubbles to protect you if you are so afraid of the planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,127
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
22 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Most smart players don't take them and this is still because Carriers are not as commonly played and your just as likely or more likely to have games without CVs and in those cases the skills are a waste..especially at high tiers.    Which, I suspect,  is exactly why WG has tried to make CV play more common.   

Even when theres a CV present, i find it hard to justify taking those skills. CVs are far more common in COOP where i play most of the time. and even if the bot ai didnt throw away their planes like they do, i doubt id take AA skills, especially the higher tiered skills simply due to how ineffective they are compared to other skills.

Merge the aa skills back into other skills and id probably take them, but a skill focused around AA, and only AA, something that can be destroyed very quickly in the HE meta(even with upgrades) that is randoms is not something id trait into.

MAYBE if aa regenerated(at the same slow rate that cv planes do, maybe a little faster since AA can get lost alooot faster. But then i have to justify AA upgrades over main battery upgrades, and i dont think anyone would do that, even with a CV every match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×