You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Feldo357

Which Steel ship to use my coupon on - AND WHY

Ship Coupon expiring on the 17th - Which Steel Ship?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. The coupons for ships are resetting on the 17th and I have enough steel for any of the current offerings

• FDR
    • Shikishima
    • Bourgogne
    • Austin
    • Stalingrad
    • Plymouth

16 comments in this topic

[G-B-U]
Members
88 posts
7,485 battles

Notes:

I don't play Tier X much if at all, only Ranked if I am feel masochistic.

I don't have enough Coal to use on a coal ship - its a steel ship or let the coupon expire

TELL ME WHY you choose your answer

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,780 posts
21,688 battles

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[5D]
Members
1,163 posts
15,488 battles

none , new patch is about to drop and there might be new ship for steel or not .

[G-B-U]
Members
88 posts
7,485 battles

But my coupon expires on the 17th, there will be a new coupon after that

[5D]
Members
1,163 posts
15,488 battles
Just now, Feldo357 said:

well because you have a coupon doesnt mean you have to use it . i have most of the  steel ship except shiki and somer , they all have their strenght and weakness , you just have to pick what you think you have the most fun in .

[SIAS]
Members
33 posts
5,682 battles

Any rumors about the next steel dd?

Between waiting for a cool steel dd and the Austin myself. As for why Austin - I think it gives the most unique playstyle out of all the steel ships. The other ships play very similar to other available ships. 

[BTLST]
Members
280 posts
5,956 battles

12 minutes ago, dad003 said:

well because you have a coupon doesnt mean you have to use it . i have most of the  steel ship except shiki and somer , they all have their strenght and weakness , you just have to pick what you think you have the most fun in .

This. ^^^

Since Steel is so hard to come by (compared to coal), the OP needs to think very carefully what ship to spend it on. And since OP didn't explain anything about their playstyle, ship preferences (other than tier X is played rarely), I'm not sure that OP has spent any time thinking about this.

So in my mind the only correct answer is: None of the above, until OP knows and can articulate their preferences.

Edited by tangofan
  • Cool 3

[-MN-]
Members
89 posts
4,789 battles
2 hours ago, tangofan said:

This. ^^^

Since Steel is so hard to come by (compared to coal), the OP needs to think very carefully what ship to spend it on. And since OP didn't explain anything about their playstyle, ship preferences (other than tier X is played rarely), I'm not sure that OP has spent any time thinking about this.

So in my mind the only correct answer is: None of the above, until OP knows and can articulate their preferences.

This ^

But, also, looking at your stats, you have Jean Bart and seems to enjoy it, right? 

I guess you would like Bourgogne.

[G-B-U]
Members
88 posts
7,485 battles
2 hours ago, tangofan said:

This. ^^^

14 minutes ago, lbfreitasBR said:

This ^

But, also, looking at your stats, you have Jean Bart and seems to enjoy it, right? 

I guess you would like Bourgogne.

Good points.

I don't enjoy Tier 10 random gameplay.  I enjoy Tier 5-7 random gameplay.

I play mostly battleships and cruisers and am working into destroyers slowly.

I understand that I can let the coupon lapse, and I am okay with that, I just HAPPEN to have enough steel now.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,870 posts
27,148 battles

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with any steel ship that seems like you might like it. I do believe Austin and Plymouth having high skill floors, meaning they're rewarding for players that have a lot of skill but not so much for average or less. (I dont know where you fall in that, didnt look)

Also, use your coupon. It's a waste not to use it. They are only out twice a year. I dont know what the people suggesting you dont use it or your ship will be nerfed are talking about. That's silly. 

[NES]
Members
251 posts
5,499 battles

The coupon is a non factor. The real question is how much steel you have. If you have around 40k steel I would use the coupon but if you're going to be down to a few hundred steel after using it it's not worth it. Depending on the type of player you are it might take you a year to get enough steel for another ship. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,338 posts
16,872 battles

Don't  have Plymouth or Austin so no comment.

Bourgogne is imho the most fun steel ship and actually fun to play since the ship is essentially a buffed Alsace.

Stalingrad can be important in competitive but isn't so fun in randoms.

Thiccshima is basically a Yamato after the secondaries nerf.

FDR if you really like CV play or need her for comp modes... otherwise there are better options.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,381 posts

Shiki is essentially a yamny writ large. A cool gun sound.

Stalin is scary for children but easily run off or destroyed in game by aiming below stack. Her citadel is too high.

Austin has alot of popguns but are considered candy to BB mains. Free crits and or dev strike etc.

FDR has planes with armor of god. Vulture dd's to their eventual doom. Otherwiise nothing special when you show up with a worchester etc.

Plymouth has possibilities in anti dd work. However she suffers from squishy.

That leaves the burger. Essentially a boosted JBB with a extra turret that you wished you had back there in JBB. And faster than the JBB as well. Almost as fast as Georgia.

Since it took two years to get the steel needed (I have just about 33K) I am cautious on buying. There is coupon so it will be the Burger for me, who will get a french special commander that is also intended to be boosted straight to 21 by cash whaling of 10 millions or so unconverted FXP. I think it will take a one time 350 dollar expense to come up with enough to go from 10 straight to 21. Once dropped into battle that ship is going to be something else indeed.

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
7 hours ago, Feldo357 said:

The article for next patch gets published on monday. You will know tomorrow (today) if there's a new steel ship coming. If you want to use your coupon, I recommend you Bourgogne, Stalingrad or FDR. Depending of what you play the most of course.

[X-PN]
Members
19 posts
7,037 battles

Bourgogne/Stalingrad are the most likely to leave next, but I would wait until the next patch article gets published later today so you can see if any ones are leaving/new ships are joining.