You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
D3viat0r

Getting uptiered every match

7 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1 post
6,359 battles

Please revisit your code and figure this out.  There is nothing fun whatsoever being a T6 going against 8s something like 10 out of 12 games in a row, in the same boat.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
1 hour ago, D3viat0r said:

Please revisit your code and figure this out.  There is nothing fun whatsoever being a T6 going against 8s something like 10 out of 12 games in a row, in the same boat.

1st off...Welcome to the forums :-)

How odd... I'm not seeing a battle count for you (as if your stats are hidden)...but I was able to check your stats.

I only looked because sometimes people post on accounts with no battles played (which also doesn't show a battle count obviously) just to troll & I was just checking to see if you were one of them...but your obviously not.

Another reason is if a player is new I'll add a "Welcome to the Game" along with the "Welcome to the Forums"... but you've been around for a bit (-: Oh ...what the heck...Welcome to the Game anyway...seeing as I didn't get a chance to say it when you 1st started :-)

So...as for the OP...unless your running a CV this shouldn't happen.

Ideally it shouldn't happen with a CV either but sometimes there's not enough CVs in queue & after 3:00 the hard rules drop & they give you whatever squishy soft options they got on hand (that may be an instant drop into a battle for you..but somebody waited over the 3 minute mark but usually they'll wait until the 1st person gets to the 5 minute mark before it dumps).

As for other ship types...it may seem like more than 8 out if 20 (40%...& it often gets to 9 [45%] & rarely gets to 10 [50%] out of 20***) but it usually stays around 8 out of 20 on the average from most of the actual legitimate tests of just sticking with the same tier (provided CVs don't get thrown into the mix).

The 1 instant shown of it actually getting to 10 out of 20...the next 2 games were lower tiered ones that balanced it back out to 40% & it stayed around 40% (+/-5...or 1 game off 1 way or he other) thereafter.

There is no guarantee that you will ever be top tier yourself btw...just that you won't see 2 tiers higher more than 40%(+/-) on average...you can still be "theoretically" bottomed tier in just a T7 & T6 only match...but that is considered T6 as being mid tier.

The problem with T6 also is that T4 is protected from seeing them so no ship will ever be bottom tier to you as the T5s will be mid tier to you even when you're top tier.

Hope this helps.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,326 posts
14,923 battles

While possible for a short streak the MM does try to limit the number of down to matches to no more than 40% but the other MM rules take precedence so streaks can happen if the MM needs your ship.

[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,376 battles
2 hours ago, D3viat0r said:

Welcome to the forum.

The masses here tend to respond better to the "how can I improve" posts rather than the "SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT" posts...in case you care.

However, there was a time (when I was new to the WoWS world) when I also thought MM was screwing me and I was bottom tier most of the time.  So, I started keeping track.  I would show WG with hard numbers, by Jove!

Here is what I have found, after keeping track for a few years:

Tier 5:  393 games played in Tier 5 ships.  I was bottom tier in 253, or 64%.  However, in 101 of those bottom tier games, the top tier was only +1 tier at Tier 6.  This is a unique thing for T5 matchmaking.

Tier 6:  896 games played in Tier 6 ships.  I was bottom tier in 316, or 35%.

Tier 7:  oddly enough, as of today I have played exactly 1,000 games in Tier 7 ships.  I was bottom tier in 244, or 24%.

Tier 8:  1151 games played in Tier 8 ships.  I was bottom tier in 460, or 40%.

You played 10/12 games bottom tier and you are mad.  Yeah, streaks happen and I get it when the streak is against you.  However, if you start keeping track for a longer period, I think you will find the MM is not as skewed as you now believe.  And, once you acknowledge that fact, you can start taking advantage of the XP gains you can earn when playing bottom tier rather than claiming MM is screwing you and there is nothing you can do about it.

Dispense with the bias.  Keep track of your own data.  Adjust your thinking accordingly.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,821 posts
14,329 battles

I was up-tiered?!!?  :cap_wander_2:
Well, they must think that I'm actually good a playing this game, or something, eh?  :cap_hmm:

"Challenge Accepted!"  :cap_viking:

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,412 posts
12,651 battles

I have to say I was saying to my self that every game tonight I was up tiered . Doesn’t usually happen but tonight it did . So I have to agree with the OP lots of up tier tonight . The rest Of the stuff don’t know about .

[NSEW]
Members
32 posts
14,298 battles

Adding my $.02 here...

I just played and recorded 200 games in my T8 Cleveland and got this:

TOP TIER = 51 games -- 25.5%
MID TIER = 62 games -- 31%
BOTTOM TIER = 87 games -- 43.5%

(You would halve these numbers to yield percentages in considering 200 games played.)

This somewhat makes sense in that Matchmaking probably has to work with Tier X ships every time it deals with "ships in your range(T8)" when actually putting a team together, and so of course will "fill out" said games with ships of sub-10 tier in order to properly create a game in that 30-second match-creation window.

So if you feel like you are playing lots of games where you are bottom tier, well, you're actually being quite perceptive.  At least this appears to be so playing Tier 8s, where you may be approaching 40-50% of your games as a bottom-tiered ship.

Zoot21

(As an FYI I played and recorded 110 games in a Tier 10 ship and got 59 Top Tier games, and 51 Mid Tier games -- nearly a 50/50 split.)