You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.10.4, changes to test ships.

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
24,537 posts
18,553 battles

Napoli is starting to look like a f:etc_swear:ng monster. I wasn't interested before, but now this might just be something I'd spend coal on. 

WG seem to have realized that 33 seconds is far too long a reload for what Yukon is. It's telling that they recently brought Cavour's reload down too. Now, about Oklahoma...

Druid, on the other hand - talk about nerfs all you like, but it's meaningless while the ships are still in test. I know people want the OP monster she was first drafted as, but that's not healthy for the game.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,135 posts
6,782 battles

Elbing's getting a tiny buff. Hooray. However, her detection is still huge for a destroyer... oh wait, she's suppose to be a mini cruiser, lol. :Smile_trollface:

On the flip side, Weimar is getting a DPM nerf. Oof. Her nerfed range wasn't enough? Aww. :Smile_sad:

[USN]
Members
1,647 posts
21,183 battles

Elbing: every little bit helps

Weimar: 7.5 was fine, why over do it

Napoli: Italian 10in guns, great stealth, Exhuast smoke, great armor, best secondaries in the game. Overkill much?

Druid: once again kind of expected, but it’s still pretty beefy DPM with health and heals

Yukon. It lives

De Ruyter: WG balancing <T5 ships, surprising. 

[SOUP]
Modder
9,066 posts

Yukon is an improvement, but I feel this still isn't enough to make it a competitive choice when someone opens their wallet and asks themselves "How shall I give myself crippling depression today?"

• Funny 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,740 posts
5,002 battles
5 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Yukon is an improvement, but I feel this still isn't enough to make it a competitive choice when someone opens their wallet and asks themselves "How shall I give myself crippling depression today?"

Hey now, at least it's not a terribad 34.2s reload at Tier 7 (UNLIKE A CERTAIN T7 USN PREMIUM BATTLESHIP WITH TWELVE 14IN GUNS THAT I KNOW OF....)

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 1

[MUG-T]
Members
724 posts
4,170 battles
1 hour ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Hey now, at least it's not a terribad 34.2s reload at Tier 7 (UNLIKE A CERTAIN T7 USN PREMIUM BATTLESHIP WITH TWELVE 14IN GUNS THAT I KNOW OF....)

sobs in the Oklahoma

Being Oklahoma is suffering

She

was the only bb to sink by capsizing

one of only 2 common BBs in Azur Lane

mediocre at best in WoWs

literally inferior to Agincourt in almost every possible way

• Sad 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,740 posts
5,002 battles
1 hour ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

sobs in the Oklahoma

Being Oklahoma is suffering

She

was the only bb to sink by capsizing

one of only 2 common BBs in Azur Lane

mediocre at best in WoWs

literally inferior to Agincourt in almost every possible way

Absolutely quoted for truth.

Oklahoma has NO BUSINESS having a 38s main battery reload. None. Nada. ZIP. Her AP penetration is so terribad that she does not need a horrid reload time on top of that. She gives up EVERYTHING basically for good secondaries....aaand that's about it. And the secondaries aren't even fast-firing really (you've got half of them firing every 6s or more, which is SLOW), so they're decent, sure, but not so decent as to actually require that her main battery be nerfed so substantially! 

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
1,740 posts
5,002 battles
19 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

WG seem to have realized that 33 seconds is far too long a reload for what Yukon is. It's telling that they recently brought Cavour's reload down too. Now, about Oklahoma...

Don't forget my California, she needs the love! But there's NO mistake that Oklahoma needs reload love too, 38s on Oklahoma is literally asinine, given her horrid AP penetration as well.

[HINON]
Members
9,011 posts
13,180 battles
12 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

honestly, after playing the US BB split BBs and Russian BBs, a 34-35 second reload hardly phases me anymore, but its about the limit for me for BB reload, unless they have giant guns like the Shikishima in which they SHOULD have a longer reload to balance it out, speaking of Cali and other US Standards, ive been thinking of making a collection of Pearl Harbor ships/dreadnought era US BBs, next on my list to get is the Arizona (really wish that the US Standard BB perma camoes had their colored turret tops like the OK and Ari do)

Edited by tcbaker777

[CAAT]
Members
1,740 posts
5,002 battles
20 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

honestly, after playing the US BB split BBs and Russian BBs, a 34-35 second reload hardly phases me anymore, but its about the limit for me for BB reload, unless they have giant guns like the Shikishima in which they SHOULD have a longer reload to balance it out, speaking of Cali and other US Standards, ive been thinking of making a collection of Pearl Harbor ships/dreadnought era US BBs, next on my list to get is the Arizona (really wish that the US Standard BB perma camoes had their colored turret tops like the OK and Ari do)

No, I get that, I'm used to 34.2s reload too, I even deal with Minnesota's 35.2s reload with Main Battery Mod 3 on the regular, but FOR THE TIER, 34.2s reload is too slow, that's what I'm saying. If California was Tier 6 (and she basically IS a Tier 6 BB with Tier 7 range and Tier 8 AA) then 34.2s reload would be absolutely fine. And yes, I have all the USN dreadnoughts, I love'em <3

[EFCSG]
Members
45 posts

Looks like were getting ever so closer to the Tone. With the Ise out I'd suspect they are in the final stages of testing for the Tone, IMO. At the moment, Tone looks like the Atago with 1 less turret, 1 less torpedo per tube, slower turn radius, but planes and better AA.

[SOUP]
Modder
9,066 posts
19 hours ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

was the only bb to sink by capsizingy

Well, only AMERICAN battleship to capsize

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,537 posts
18,553 battles
37 minutes ago, Capt_Apollo said:

Why is it when I start to a reload time of > 30 seconds I start thinking that ship is not for me?

Goes to show how different we all are. Two of my most enjoyable grinds so far have been Kitakaze and Minnesota, probably the fastest- and slowest-reloading ships at Tier 9.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[MUG-T]
Members
724 posts
4,170 battles
On 6/5/2021 at 5:51 PM, Chobittsu said:

Well, only AMERICAN battleship to capsize

Could argue she sank by exploding, but fair point