Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

What were the winning bids?

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

404
[KMS]
Beta Testers
351 posts
18,322 battles

so the first Auction is over, 

What were the winning bids?

something we should know both now and for future bidding

 

PS remember the war dead today and give them honor

hey WG -- no need for an event but you should have said something 

like "lets remember on this day" or "the US remembers on this day" or something respectful instead of silence.

and should do that for every day a nation remembers its war dead

a couple lines of type costs nothing.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,805
[KWF]
Members
6,411 posts
7,154 battles

From my thread on the subject the minimum winning bid we got so far is at 83.55million credits on NA . It's likely the prize pool is shared across all servers so might be why it got that high. Some people on different servers report 80.5 million as the lowest.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,110
[OIL-1]
Members
1,514 posts

Lost. NA. Bid: 26,000,002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
772 posts
10,179 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

From my thread on the subject the minimum winning bid we got so far is at 83.55million credits on NA . It's likely the prize pool is shared across all servers so might be why it got that high. Some people on different servers report 80.5 million as the lowest.

Bids for what?

Exactly what is 80+ million buying you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,805
[KWF]
Members
6,411 posts
7,154 battles
9 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Bids for what?

Exactly what is 80+ million buying you?

100k coal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
659
[-VT-]
Members
860 posts
37,175 battles

I bid a paltry 30M, but that was the most I could justify.

20 Sierra Mike flags cost 8k coal.  So 100 divided by 8 is 12.5

20 Sierra Mike flags also cost 2.8M credits.

And 2.8M times 12.5 is 35M.

So 35M was parity.  And I felt no compulsion to offer at parity so I offered a wee bit less in case I got lucky and swung the deal.

Didn't.  heh.

But I don't need the coal for ships....and am sitting on 300k+ now.

So signal flags were my benchmark for my bid.  Anything over 35M was overpaying for me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
806
[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

I just logged into my main account and I did NOT win with the minimum bid. I also did not realize we were bidding against every single server in the world lol. I really thought we were just bidding against our own server players. So that means that 5000 people won out of all the Asia, EU. NA and Russian servers. I was basing my bid on the fact that I didn't believe 5000 people on the NA server would bid at least 25 million each. I wasn't considering that the Worldwide population of 900,000 people would all be bidding for the same coal. 

Note To Self: In Future Auctions, Take Minimum Bid And Quadruple It!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,876
[WOLF3]
Members
31,023 posts
26,068 battles

Skill Rebork

Lockbox Ships

Blind Auctions

- Edit:  Forgot to add Achievements & Signal Flags mess going on now.

This game is on a roll.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
916
[HELLS]
Members
2,851 posts
31,668 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This game is on a roll.

The game is a casino...they want your money for the House...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,876
[WOLF3]
Members
31,023 posts
26,068 battles
43 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

The game is a casino...they want your money for the House...

 

Not happy with the direction things have been going.  Hell with Tier V Agincourt Lockbox Ship thing going, I've played an F2P game where Lockbox Ship Shenanigans are a thing.  Agincourt is the test.  We're going to see more down the road and WG is going to make it a point where highly desirable Lockbox Ships are a thing.

 

In this other game, there's players that spend hundreds of $$$ USD chasing a Lockbox Ship and not get what they want.  This is the endgoal for WG.

 

Picture this:  A really good Iowa-class Premium BB, either New Jersey or Wisconsin with stats and capabilities that are highly desired... And it's only available as a Lockbox Drop.  Even better, since we know WoWS likes to use artificial scarcity, those Lockboxes for NJ / WI would be the same thing.  It'll get people to drop serious money to gamble for it.

 

Having seen how F2P is handled in other games (and WoWS is a F2P game) and past practices done in WoWS... I don't like being too negative in this case, but it's not a good future.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
916
[HELLS]
Members
2,851 posts
31,668 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Not happy with the direction things have been going.  Hell with Tier V Agincourt Lockbox Ship thing going, I've played an F2P game where Lockbox Ship Shenanigans are a thing.  Agincourt is the test.  We're going to see more down the road and WG is going to make it a point where highly desirable Lockbox Ships are a thing.

 

In this other game, there's players that spend hundreds of $$$ USD chasing a Lockbox Ship and not get what they want.  This is the endgoal for WG.

 

Picture this:  A really good Iowa-class Premium BB, either New Jersey or Wisconsin with stats and capabilities that are highly desired... And it's only available as a Lockbox Drop.  Even better, since we know WoWS likes to use artificial scarcity, those Lockboxes for NJ / WI would be the same thing.  It'll get people to drop serious money to gamble for it.

 

Having seen how F2P is handled in other games (and WoWS is a F2P game) and past practices done in WoWS... I don't like being too negative in this case, but it's not a good future.

Exactly....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
424
[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
889 posts
6,876 battles

I won coal with 82m bid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[HWIN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
121 posts
7,984 battles

Lost at 55 mil, and it seems 80-82 mil was the average minimum per server, which makes me think the prize pool was shared. Dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[KIA-A]
Members
950 posts
6,396 battles

I bid 32 million and boy was I off from the actual minimum bid :cap_wander_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,330
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
21 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

I just logged into my main account and I did NOT win with the minimum bid. I also did not realize we were bidding against every single server in the world lol.

You're NOT.  WG confirms that there were 4 separate auctions, so 20.000 lots of Coal.

My source has now changed his story, and I've confirmed it from a second source.  There WAS only one auction.

Sorry.

 

Edited by iDuckman
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,330
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
5 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

The game is a casino...they want your money for the House...

<sigh>  Do you read?  No one loses.  You get your bid back if you don't win.

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
103 posts
7,512 battles

I bid 50m and lost. Would have either bid higher or not bid at all if i'd thought it was shared between all servers...which it apparently wasn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,105
[5D]
Members
1,164 posts
15,538 battles

i had bid 75m and did not get the coal so i guess i should have put 100m like i tough at first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,330
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
55 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Where is the link?

Private communication. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,884
[46856]
Members
2,042 posts
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Skill Rebork

Lockbox Ships

Blind Auctions

- Edit:  Forgot to add Achievements & Signal Flags mess going on now.

This game is on a roll.

I agree its like a turd rolling downhill atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
916
[HELLS]
Members
2,851 posts
31,668 battles
15 hours ago, iDuckman said:

<sigh>  Do you read?  No one loses.  You get your bid back if you don't win.

 

I can read. A successful bid process draws down player credit reserves. Many players do not possess my credit reserves, lose patience and end up spending their hard-earned dollars on a gamble with gift boxes. That is the ultimate goal here for WG. Sales! I will grind resources forever before I waste my credits in this fashion. This is based on my E-Bay bidding experiences that drive item prices through the roof, beyond their real value in most cases. Folks can do what the please, and they will grab this. I won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,330
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
12 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I can read. A successful bid process draws down player credit reserves. Many players do not possess my credit reserves, lose patience and end up spending their hard-earned dollars on a gamble with gift boxes. That is the ultimate goal here for WG. Sales! I will grind resources forever before I waste my credits in this fashion. This is based on my E-Bay bidding experiences that drive item prices through the roof, beyond their real value in most cases. Folks can do what the please, and they will grab this. I won't.

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,330
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
15 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Where is the link?

Now the private source says the opposite.  There was one global auction.

My apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×