You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
8,733 battles

So this is a very minor thing that personally bothers me a bit. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks it's worth mentioning/updating. 

Many of the older ship models in the game (Japanese, American, and Russian/Soviet tech tree and early premiums) have blacked out, opaque windows, compared to the newer models in the game with nice, clear windows. I would personally like to see the models across the board having the clear windows, thus old ships being updated with the new windows. I guess it really boils down to liking uniform ship aesthetic for me. Some Japanese ships (i.e. Myoko) got their windows updated with the recent hull module changes, and I would love to see this for some of my other favorite ships (Yubari, Fuso, Iowa, Ibuki, Bogatyr, etc.). I like to imagine that it wouldn't be hard to update this, but I don't know for sure.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the effort to change and are there enough people that would like to see this change?

Thanks. 

[UNHLY]
Members
5,373 posts
14,897 battles

I know model updates are on the list for pretty much every ship that’s still using the old one with the blacked out windows, but it’s definitely a back burner task. If it was just a matter of changing the windows to clear, it would probably be a quick process, but I’d bet most of those old models don’t have their bridge interiors modeled. And if they have to redo the bridge so there’s something to display, they’re probably just going to wait until they do a model update for the rest of the ship.

The last I heard, the US DD line was one of the next ones to get updated, but that was an announcement from at least two years ago now. 

Members
12 posts
8,733 battles
On 5/28/2021 at 12:41 AM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I know model updates are on the list for pretty much every ship that’s still using the old one with the blacked out windows, but it’s definitely a back burner task. If it was just a matter of changing the windows to clear, it would probably be a quick process, but I’d bet most of those old models don’t have their bridge interiors modeled. And if they have to redo the bridge so there’s something to display, they’re probably just going to wait until they do a model update for the rest of the ship.

The last I heard, the US DD line was one of the next ones to get updated, but that was an announcement from at least two years ago now. 

Yeah, I assumed about as much. Although, I have seen screenshots of the camera clipping into a ship and bridges being modeled despite being blacked out, but that's probably a minority of the ones that need updates. The question now is when we're gonna get model updates for these ships, as they otherwise seem fine as is.