You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MaxMcKay

Another Patch another CV nerf. 9 seconds before you can attack after trigger pull.

228 comments in this topic

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
1,010 posts

Ah all for the sake of balance, another patch yet another nerf bat come down on CV's. 9 seconds, so basically just tell CV"s to never hunt DD"s again.

So what brilliant reasoning was used for this spreadsheet.  I'll be nice, how about all other ships have to share the nerfs they have placed onto CV's for their attack abilities.  You have 9 seconds from the time you pull the trigger till your shells leave your guns or leave your tubes.  Every time you attack someone else your guns get hurt and degraded your effective range and accuracy.  You only get 60 shells or 2 loads of torps, you only get back what you hit with.  Or we could just go with, every nerf a cv gets, gets shared to every other ship in the game, ya know because of fairness.

testing on the PTS with the new rocket planes.  This was done by a different tester, I didn't assist in this test by any stretch of the imagination.

CV Prep Time Attack Delay
Lexinton HVAR 3.0s 4.0s
Lexington TinyTims 3.0s 6.0s
Midway HVAR 3.0s 4.0s
Midway TinyTims 3.0s 6.0s
Shokaku 2.0s 4.0s
Hakuryu 2.0s 4.0s
Implacable 3.0s 3.0s
Audacious 3.0s 3.0s
Parseval 2.5s 2.0s
Richthofen 2.5s 1.5s
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 12

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles
13 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Ah all for the sake of balance, another patch yet another nerf bat come down on CV's. 9 seconds, so basically just tell CV"s to never hunt DD"s again.

So what brilliant reasoning was used for this spreadsheet.  I'll be nice, how about all other ships have to share the nerfs they have placed onto CV's for their attack abilities.  You have 9 seconds from the time you pull the trigger till your shells leave your guns or leave your tubes.  Every time you attack someone else your guns get hurt and degraded your effective range and accuracy.  You only get 60 shells or 2 loads of torps, you only get back what you hit with.  Or we could just go with, every nerf a cv gets, gets shared to every other ship in the game, ya know because of fairness.

Deal... as long as I can shoot at anything I want regardless of island cover or distance from literally the edge of the map and no one can return fire at me while I do it.

...Just like a CV can :Smile_medal:

Edited by Vekta408
  • Cool 27
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 7

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
21 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

I don't think its 9 seconds.  I watched Ahskance play the Ryujo and it 4-5 seconds.  I guess you are counting the prep time.  Which doesn't actually count since you aren't firing your weapons at that time, but instead initiating the attack run.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,918 posts
10,625 battles

*Clears Throat*

Good.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
30 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Here is some more data from my testing on the PTS with the new rocket planes.

CV Prep Time Attack Delay
Lexinton HVAR 3.0s 4.0s
Lexington TinyTims 3.0s 6.0s
Midway HVAR 3.0s 4.0s
Midway TinyTims 3.0s 6.0s
Shokaku 2.0s 4.0s
Hakuryu 2.0s 4.0s
Implacable 3.0s 3.0s
Audacious 3.0s 3.0s
Parseval 2.5s 2.0s
Richthofen 2.5s 1.5s

Um, guns already have this delay.  You shoot and then, up to 20 odd seconds later, your shells hit where you aimed at the time they fired.

• Cool 4

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
1,010 posts
41 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Deal... as long as I can shoot at anything I want regardless of island cover or distance from literally the edge of the map and no one can return fire at me while I do it.

...Just like a CV can :Smile_medal:

Ah the old myth that was a lie when it was invented.  That and we can ignore the DD's and CL's that do that to their hearts content as well....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
1,010 posts
4 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Um, guns already have this delay.  You shoot and then, up to 20 odd seconds later, your shells hit where you aimed at the time they fired.

Flight time vs fire time is two different things.  This would be you click attack once wait 3-4 seconds, then you have a 4.5 second window to attack ing, then AFTER you click to attack you've got a 4 second window BEFORE the rockets launch.  THEN flight times start.  So no this isn't lead time in the least.

• Meh 2

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
1,010 posts
8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I don't think its 9 seconds.  I watched Ahskance play the Ryujo and it 4-5 seconds.  I guess you are counting the prep time.  Which doesn't actually count since you aren't firing your weapons at that time, but instead initiating the attack run.

Did you look at the chart?

It's the tier 8 + 10 cv's.  If this drops in CB's it's going to [edited] up the CV players.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
Just now, MaxMcKay said:

Flight time vs fire time is two different things.  This would be you pull the trigger, 9 seconds later the guns FIRE, then you have flight time.  

No, it really isn't.  You lock your aim point and fire and then 9 seconds later, in the worst case, your rockets hit their aim point.  How is that any different from a ship targeting a spot and firing and then 9 seconds later its shells hit the spot?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,874 posts
94 battles

I don't see the problem here?

The attack delay is very much needed in the first place, since rocket planes still tend to be too effective at attacking ships at quick intervals, and it brings it in line with torpedo bombers and dive bombers. Torpedo bombers and dive bombers have a delay when they launch their ordnance to hit the target, while rockets connect immediately to the target after clicking attack. 

• Cool 4

[SIMP]
Members
1,704 posts

Funny.

WG wanted to make CVs more accessible and playable by the 'average' player. Continued 'improvements' like this do the exact opposite. This creates ONLY unicum CV players, making DD's life even harder when a CV shows up.

I mean really WeeGee? Just make the vocal minority happy and make DD immune to CV spotting (and thus attacks) already. That's all they want -  is to be invisible and attack with impunity for most of the game. I mean we certainly can't have  TWO ship classes that have major advantages in the game! ONLY DD's should! :Smile_sceptic:

Even though after the rework I've never seen a single CV attack completely and instantly erase a full heath T10 BB (or any other ship) like DDs can do, let's nerf them more to coddle our DD community.

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 4

[CNM88]
Members
40 posts
7,051 battles
46 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

So what brilliant reasoning was used for this spreadsheet 

Probably the spreadsheet that shows more free players but all of the whales leaving because they can't stand CV mechanics.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
15 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Did you look at the chart?

The chart doesn't show in your post for me.  I didn't see it until just now when Helstrem quoted your post.  My point still stands, the delay is not 9 seconds.

6 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

WG wanted to make CVs more accessible and playable by the 'average' player.

And what WG wanted didn't work.  CVs are a continued failure on almost every point they were intended to improve. 

Members
697 posts
18,129 battles
14 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

while rockets connect immediately to the target after clicking attack.

Not true? It’s not some hitscan - you need to lead dds, particularly speedy ones like high tier Frenchies.

Making that more challenging is... probably fine? I agree with comments in other threads: good CVs will adapt; bad CVs will get worse. Maybe I’ll think differently when I try it.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles
34 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

No, it really isn't.  You lock your aim point and fire and then 9 seconds later, in the worst case, your rockets hit their aim point.  How is that any different from a ship targeting a spot and firing and then 9 seconds later its shells hit the spot?

Because there aren’t tiny little splashes telling a target where shells are about to land.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,392 posts
5,593 battles

You say 9 seconds, but that's only for one plane type (which only one CV, the Saipan, is locked to) and you can steer the planes for three of those seconds. 

I played on the PTS and was able to consistently land rockets on DDs, even with Tiny Tims. You just need to get used to it, predict their movement. It's easier to see how they react from the air. 

Edited by PotatoMD

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Because there aren’t tiny little splashes telling a target where shells are about to land.

That only happens for the final 2 seconds before the rockets hit.

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles
15 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

That only happens for the final 2 seconds before the rockets hit.

If so, then I stand corrected. My understanding was it happened further out, so to speak.

Two seconds huh?

That makes it just as pointless as I’d said in an earlier thread.

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles
1 hour ago, MaxMcKay said:

Ah the old myth that was a lie when it was invented.  That and we can ignore the DD's and CL's that do that to their hearts content as well....

A myth that somehow is on full display each and every live stream not being a myth. Seeing it play out exactly that way in real time must be a global conspiracy...  NAY! a trick.

Happening daily, live since the CV rework dropped for anyone to see.  :Smile_veryhappy:

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

cause ship shells do 10-100x more damage and fire every 4-30 seconds.   A CV  flies for 90 seconds, fires once, maybe turns and fires again 5-10 seconds later, then its 90seconds until you could possibly be there again, all for a 10th of the damage.   

CVs accuracy was what made them playable, remove accuracy and all you have is a wasted roster spot.

CV is dead class now.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles

I find I can bear CV nerfs with an enormous amount of fortitude.

And happy tears.

• Cool 6

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
52 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If so, then I stand corrected. My understanding was it happened further out, so to speak.

Two seconds huh?

That makes it just as pointless as I’d said in an earlier thread.

No, it isn't useless.  DDs get a lot longer to dodge, even if the attack point isn't shown until the final 2 seconds.  Saying otherwise would be like a cruiser claiming that dodging BB shells from 18km away isn't possible because there is no indicator where they will land.  Good DD players will already be dodging before the strafe even shows.

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
1,010 posts
55 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

A myth that somehow is on full display each and every live stream not being a myth. Seeing it play out exactly that way in real time must be a global conspiracy...  NAY! a trick.

Happening daily, live since the CV rework dropped for anyone to see.  :Smile_veryhappy:

You do know that every time a DD shows their replay of burning a BB down, or a CL doing the same disproves everything your trying to say here.  Youtube alone is making you look the fool, so please continue.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
23 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

cause ship shells do 10-100x more damage and fire every 4-30 seconds.   A CV is flies for 90 seconds, fires once, maybe turns and fires again 5-10 seconds later, then its 90seconds until you could possibly be there again, all for a 10th of the damage.   

CVs accuracy was what made them playable, remove accuracy and all you have is a wasted roster spot.

CV is dead class now.

100x?  Really?  Lets see, I hit with a DD with a single rocket earlier tonight.  It did, IIRC, 793 damage.  10 times that is 7,930.  Ok, a BB can hit a DD that hard, but it is pretty damn rare.  79,300, I've never hit any ship that hard with shells.