You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tachyon_Pixel

How to play Akizuki?

5 comments in this topic

[PANAT]
Members
14 posts
2,019 battles

Akizuki seems simple, smoke up and shoot but I really can't seem to get the hang of this ship with it being weak and turning like a bus, I always get killed in the first few minutes of the match. Any help?

[VORTX]
Members
713 posts
9,089 battles

You’re probably playing too aggressive. Yes the DPM is awesome, but can’t just go out and Rambo the crapout of other DDs and live. Lay off the caps a bit and spot more. Pay attention to the radar Cruisers. If you have another high dpm friend nearby you can (probably) get away with playing a bit more aggressive. Your turning circle kinda sucks and your speeds not great and you’re not the smallest target, it’s very easy to overextend to be the victim of more maneuverable DDs torps or light cruiser guns. 2 on 1 on other DDs is a suggested requirement for engagement. One on one engagements will probably end in your favor but you don’t have a heal and will probably be effectively neutered for the remainder of the match. Kita at T9 can play a little more aggressive while Harugamo at T10 is a bit more like aka. GL, HH. 

Edited by Pirate_Named_Sue

[PANAT]
Members
14 posts
2,019 battles
4 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

You’re probably playing too aggressive. Yes the DPM is awesome, but can’t just go out and Rambo the crap out of other DDs and live. Lay off the caps a bit and spot more. Pay attention to the radar Cruisers. If you have another high dpm friend nearby you can (probably) get away with playing a bit more aggressive. Your turning circle kinda sucks and your speeds not great and you’re not the smallest target, it’s very easy to overextend to be the victim of more maneuverable DDs torps or light cruiser guns. 2 on 1 on other DDs is a suggested requirement for engagement. One on one engagements will probably end in your favor but you don’t have a heal and will probably be effectively neutered for the remainder of the match. Kita at T9 can play a little more aggressive while Harugumo at T10 is a bit more like aka. GL, HH. 

I was playing aggressively, I'll try to be a bit more less aggressive, thanks!

Edited by Tachyon_Pixel