You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MannyD_of_The_Sea

WHY The Germanic Beast Event is Comparatively Quiet

16 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles

Ok, a few days ago, I posted about how “non-eventish” the Germanic Beasts event is. I think I know why:

The more understated/under the radar the event is, the fewer people will notice the dropoff in flags from the rewards change. The flags coming in from an unrealized event mask the flag loss in the rewards.

So, when players gripe about it next month, WG can say “Old news! Move along, nothing to see here.”

[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts

pick a team, wait till next week, thats how stupid this event is.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

pick a team, wait till next week, thats how stupid this event is.

Yeah, but it wouldn’t be the first “elevator doesn’t go to the top” event WG has done. It’s just the quietest.

[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts
6 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yeah, but it wouldn’t be the first “elevator doesn’t go to the top” event WG has done. It’s just the quietest.

nope, this event is stupid. random times for missions, no goal, join a team, play like normal, hope WG loses players and money because of the stupid event planning

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
38 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

nope, this event is stupid. random times for missions, no goal, join a team, play like normal, hope WG loses players and money because of the stupid event planning

You can’t  “nope” me. I never disagreed.

• Haha 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,092 posts

The Beast event is badly done. Specifically time limits for the whole thing. In addition there seemed to be a loss in those like the Fuerer team that gained and qualified for the flag and 10+ commander overall (In addition to completing the personal bar below) a few days ago. Only those logged in got it. The rest got the shaft.

The time limits are the killer. It implies either lack of players or a desire to be controlling etc. The problem is most gamers cannot game by appointment against real life. I myself are in storm conditions this hour I dont dare game in Wows for fear of being D/C then banned or punished with pink because Wows does not know the difference between tornados ripping power wires off poles or intentional quit early.

So for me, this event is essentially something to let go and consider a tragic waste. One big MEH..... Ticket came back from support requesting a screen shot. REALLY?! HA. The event reset itself a couple of days ago for a fresh round of progress. Be damned if I do the same thing twice over. F that.

Edited by xHeavy

[PVE]
Alpha Tester
691 posts
17,699 battles

It didn't seem worth the time.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
42 minutes ago, Fighter835 said:

This "event" is a non-event. 

Agreed. Of course it is. I’m just postulating why.

[PIXEL]
Members
101 posts
16,655 battles

i felt that way about  Battle of the Titans

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,831 posts
22,726 battles

The rewards are worthless. I could care less. Remember when events gave away ships like Duke of York?

[_BDA_]
Members
661 posts
10,286 battles

9 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

The rewards are worthless. I could care less. Remember when events gave away ships like Duke of York?

Not entirely worthless,  just not worth much.  It's an event you don't have to pay attention to, earning a few event coins that can immediately be exchanged for a crate.  Doesn't matter what's in the crate.  Maybe a camo, maybe a few credits... all for doing what you're doing anyway.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,831 posts
22,726 battles
7 hours ago, Bilgetwidget said:

What event?

There used to be events where you picked one team of two. Now it's 1 of 4, to prevent you getting too much rewards.

You can get some flags and some captains with no special skills or voice. Basically near worthless stuff, just like the new German destroyers.

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles

I see what the layout is, it just doesn't make any sense.  Given how complicated they made the fundamentals of it on their end, what's the goal?  :Smile_facepalm:

Members
701 posts
8,737 battles

Event isn't active during my usual play times, so it's definitely a non-event for me.  I think I have gotten a few rewards from it last weekend.  Didn't even bother picking a team this week.