Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rpgotaku

Can't log in (steam player)

4 comments in this topic

[F4E-2]
Members
44 posts
5,206 battles

I keep getting player name unavailable while trying to log in.  This happened to me once before and i was told to delete something.  Can anyone help?

[TIAN]
Members
15 posts
3,981 battles

OK all you Guys and Gals I'm also a Steam client and had not been able to Log In for over a week until now.

I had not used the War Gaming diagnostics as I was not aware that I could as a Steam Client, and when I raised the question in the Forums I didn't get a response , although other members did try to assist.

Long story shorter I had updated my mods (and deleted the previous mods as recommended), uninstalled and deleted the mods, validated the game files via Steam 2x (no errors found), rebooted the modem 2x, unistalled and reinstalled the games files via Steam 2x as well as checking my firewall settings. 

As a last resort I logged a ticket on the WG site without doing the diagnostics.  Their response was to run the diagnostics as per their process prior to raising a bug report / ticket, and they identified that I could do so as a Steam client.  I then followed their instructions and the diagnostics report identified over a dozen files that it wanted deleted as being the probable cause of the issues.  These files were identified as being mod files that I did not recognise as having ever selected as part of my mod packs.  They had not been deleted when I updated, uninstalled and deleted my mod packs, and when I had unistalled and reinstalled the game and validated the files 2x via Steam.  I then used the diagnostics to delete these files and then relaunched the game via Steam, and was able to Log In onto my port page.  I have not done anything else at this point as I wanted to report my success here to those who had been trying to help.

Bottom line = as a Steam client you can use the diagnostics systems provided by WG without impacting your Steam account.  Further to this the WG diagnostics application seems to be more effective than that on offer from Steam.

My recommendation to everyone & anyone is to run their diagnostics asap, and if it doesn't resolve the issue/s to then raise a ticket.  I got my response overnight my local time, and had run their diagnostics and resolved the issue less than 1 working day from the time I raised my ticket & could have been gaming this past week.

Sign in to follow this