You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
sheldonng

Why do players scold someone's family to die COVID-19?

26 comments in this topic

[JESOS]
Members
1 post
11,805 battles

Maybe our clan is not a high-level player, so we can't div?

But why say: did jesos mates family all dead by covid?

I have reported to the customer service that I have deleted the relevant photos.

Edited by sheldonng
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles

Ignore him, he's like a pizza cutter - all edge and no point.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7
  • Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

First, no naming and shaming, edit out the names.

Second, people on the internet are A-holes and say all kinds of nasty things at any perceived slight. That guy probably didn't like the way they played for some reason and so resorted to insults. Just report them and move on, it's the internet salty A-holes are everywhere.

• Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,571 battles
15 minutes ago, sheldonng said:

20210527_215400_PUSD510-Vampire-2_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

You should edit out the player names from the picture or delete the picture. Its against the forum TOS to name a shame on the forums.

As far as what that guy says. Don't worry about it. There are some really angry people in this world.  Sometimes the life outside the game is so bad and they are so powerless that lashing out at someone in a game is that last little bit they can do to make themselves feel better. 

• Meh 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,232 posts
8,567 battles

Also, many people never grow up. They get their toe stubbed and they want everyone else to get hurt too, or they think they are proving their strength by trying to hurt others.

Just walk away and leave them to their mud puddle. Trying to play with them will only make you feel dirty and trying to reason with them only makes them want to scream louder so they can't hear you.

[CUDA]
Members
636 posts
9,526 battles

I was confused why posting someone's own words would be considered against the rules so I looked them up and read them, still not seeing the problem. If the offender posted it, yes but the aggrieved party?

[KWF]
Members
6,719 posts
7,321 battles
2 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

I was confused why posting someone's own words would be considered against the rules so I looked them up and read them, still not seeing the problem. If the offender posted it, yes but the aggrieved party?

It constitutes naming and shaming as the nickname of whoever said those words is freely accessible to us. I could then go ahead and start harassing them or grief them for example. 

You could argue they deserve it but that's not for us to decide.

Edited by warheart1992

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,756 posts

The majority of WOWS players, especially on the NA server, are good natured, funny, and helpful. It's only occasionally that you meet a toxic idiot. Just blacklist them and don't bother yourself about it any more.

Speaking of COVID-19. I caught it and man does it make you sick. I was down and out for over two months and, even after six months, still don't have the stamina that I once did. I'd highly recommend getting vaccinated if you can.  

• Cool 2

[CUDA]
Members
636 posts
9,526 battles

So it's OK for someone to insult someone else in the presence of 24 people but it's not OK for the other party to repeat the offender's words for a few hundred others? I'm not arguing, just trying to follow the logic. I guess it would stop the "Look what he said!" posts. I didn't see anything explicit in the rules.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles
22 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

So it's OK for someone to insult someone else in the presence of 24 people

You assume too much.

23 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

but it's not OK for the other party to repeat the offender's words for a few hundred others?

... Including that the forum rules don't apply to you.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
800 posts
15,798 battles

Report them is all about you can do, then blacklist them.  Bringing it to the forum won't help any, will just cause controversy.

[WPE-2]
Members
178 posts
1,272 battles
2 hours ago, sheldonng said:

It was just a question . he wanted to know why you were diving with such poor players .  did you not have any family to play with? is it because they are dead from covid ? 

Seems like a reasonable question 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,221 posts
27,001 battles

It's because people have become more stupid a-holes over the years.  If you want an adventure OP, do a search for "Karen meltdown" and have a ball with some of the best examples of society.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts
1 hour ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Report them is all about you can do, then blacklist them.  Bringing it to the forum won't help any, will just cause controversy.

The fact this forum discussion has been more about the forum rules then the actual incident pretty much points out the efficacy of bringing a "wow, don't be a duchie  bagg "  argument to this forum.

[46856]
Members
2,256 posts

Some people have petty, irrelevant lives and only want to cause pain. They prove they are a waste of sperm that was skimmed from the shallow end of the gene pool time and time again.

Why cuz they can.

Edited by Chain_shot

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,710 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd highly recommend getting vaccinated if you can.  

I lucked out, I was eligible for the AstraZeneca, but they dropped the Pfizer requirement to 50, so I squeaked in for the good stuff!

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,710 battles
1 hour ago, Stew_Pedastle said:

It was just a question . he wanted to know why you were diving with such poor players .  did you not have any family to play with? is it because they are dead from covid ? 

Seems like a reasonable question 

That's a good catch, I think you're right.

[SALVO]
Members
9,520 posts
6,979 battles

tic toc tic toc

4 hours and this is still standing, amazing... 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,428 posts
12,860 battles

I quit trying to figure out what is wrong with some people a long time ago.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,092 posts
9 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

So it's OK for someone to insult someone else in the presence of 24 people but it's not OK for the other party to repeat the offender's words for a few hundred others? I'm not arguing, just trying to follow the logic. I guess it would stop the "Look what he said!" posts. I didn't see anything explicit in the rules.

This is essentially a private owned company. They set the rules.

The net has been toxic in gaming increasingly for the last 20 years or so. Sometimes too toxic to mess with. Just blacklist the person and forget it about it.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
915 posts
6,699 battles

Neckbeard mouth breather living in mom's basement getting high on the urine fumes from the bucket 'cause they can't be bothered to go upstairs and use the bathroom. Not worth the salt...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,756 posts
1 hour ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

high on the urine fumes from the bucket

Aren't you glad that you weren't a tanner or a cloth fuller back in the olden days when they used stale urine as a bleaching agent?

In Roman times, fulling was conducted by slaves working the cloth while ankle deep in tubs of human urine. Urine was so important to the fulling business that it was taxed. Stale urine, known as wash, was a source of ammonium salts and assisted in cleansing and whitening the cloth.

image.jpeg

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
915 posts
6,699 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Aren't you glad that you weren't a tanner or a cloth fuller back in the olden days when they used stale urine as a bleaching agent?

image.jpeg

Teeth whitener is the cringier use. Stain remover and gun powder ingredient too. But at least those were related to a form of work which wouldn't apply to the above mentioned subfloor dweller.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,496 battles

Because some people are just jerks like that.