You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MBRicochet

Idea based off of the Dutch airstrike mechanic, recharging consumables. Specifically the heal.

9 comments in this topic

[ENDO]
Members
246 posts
6,307 battles

I think allowing consumables to recharge with a replenishment cool down, having a number of chargers, and a cool down between uses, would be beneficial for gameplay especially in BBs and super cruisers. It would allow for other balancing options and opportunities to increase BB or even cruiser survivability. I am thinking mostly about the heal. Additionally the ability of heals to repair AA and Secondary weapons by a % per use would be beneficial. 

Just personal experience. The only thing worse than being CV focused is being CV focused with 40% AA because some HE spammer worked you over and you have zero means of returning any of that capability. I play a lot of CVs. The fact that CV can regen planes, and surface ships cannot regen any AA is a frustrating deviation in design mechanics. 

Additionally the effectiveness of heals on pen/citadel damage limits long term survival anyway. 

Just a thought. Trying to think of something that will help encourage more aggressive play. 

Other consumables may not regen or perhaps could just be in a very long regen. Obviously I don't want a DM or Petro spamming radar 7+ times a game. 

Edited by MBRicochet

[PVE]
Members
7,595 posts
34 minutes ago, MBRicochet said:

I think allowing consumables to recharge with a replenishment cool down, having a number of chargers, and a cool down between uses, would be beneficial for gameplay especially in BBs and super cruisers.

I don't know what you mean, can you explain it in another way?

[ENDO]
Members
246 posts
6,307 battles

Let's say you start with 4 heals. You can have a max of 4 heals stored. When you use a heal, the mechanics are the same as now. Added that it starts a timer that will replenish a spent charge of heal after say, 300 seconds *5 minutes for example*. One regen at a time, and you can regen back up to 4 theoretically in 20 minutes. 

Or if in a bad spot you may burn through all your available heals but at least if you survive you may live long enough to get 1 or two heals later in the match. 

Basically it would give a BB or whatever an extra two or three heals a match if they are using it as fast as they can. Depending on the heal the regen rate can be changed, obviously Brit dockyard heal would need a different regen rate. 

Noting the issues with BB longevity, meta back map sniping resulting from lack of longevity. It seems the answer is giving BBs in particular some more staying power. Also having such a system may help BBs not fully specced into survival skills be relevant in later game. Like a secondary spec. 

Am I making sense? I'm a few beers in so forgive me if I'm not.

Edited by MBRicochet

[SGSS]
Members
6,314 posts
58 minutes ago, MBRicochet said:

I think allowing consumables to recharge with a replenishment cool down, having a number of chargers, and a cool down between uses, would be beneficial for gameplay especially in BBs and super cruisers. It would allow for other balancing options and opportunities to increase BB or even cruiser survivability. I am thinking mostly about the heal. Additionally the ability of heals to repair AA and Secondary weapons by a % per use would be beneficial. 

Just personal experience. The only thing worse than being CV focused is being CV focused with 40% AA because some HE spammer worked you over and you have zero means of returning any of that capability. I play a lot of CVs. The fact that CV can regen planes, and surface ships cannot regen any AA is a frustrating deviation in design mechanics. 

Additionally the effectiveness of heals on pen/citadel damage limits long term survival anyway. 

Just a thought. Trying to think of something that will help encourage more aggressive play. 

Other consumables may not regen or perhaps could just be in a very long regen. Obviously I don't want a DM or Petro spamming radar 7+ times a game. 

The airstrike is the cruiser equivalent of torps for DD. 

Some torps are stronger than other but one of the ideas is to denial of an area. 

Same with the airstrike. I like the concept and it will be refined.

I thought an interesting game mod would be to have the airfields on the island launch planes depending on who owns the cap.

Could he fun.

[PVE]
Members
7,595 posts
14 minutes ago, MBRicochet said:

Am I making sense? I'm a few beers in so forgive me if I'm not. 

I think I understand now.  You mean something very much like plane regeneration for CVs.  There are maximum number of planes the CV can have on deck, when they lose a plane a regeneration timer starts.  With your idea it would be the same for heals, use one and in X amount of time you can regenerate another heal.  The regeneration doesn't start until you fall below the maximum number of charges.  While I don't think BBs should be more survivable, it is an interesting idea. 

[ENDO]
Members
246 posts
6,307 battles
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think I understand now.  You mean something very much like plane regeneration for CVs.  There are maximum number of planes the CV can have on deck, when they lose a plane a regeneration timer starts.  With your idea it would be the same for heals, use one and in X amount of time you can regenerate another heal.  The regeneration doesn't start until you fall below the maximum number of charges.  While I don't think BBs should be more survivable, it is an interesting idea. 

Yea, basically. 

Members
6,308 posts
8,165 battles
29 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Could be an interesting way to make cruisers of all tiers a bit more survivable by giving them a weaker version of the BB heal. For example, it runs shorter and heals less, but the charge stacking (max of 2 or 3, in my opinion) could allow for a fair chunk of HP to be recovered if need be.

Of course, this would mean that you'd either have to change the T9/10 cruiser heal mechanic or they'd have to live with it instead of this.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[CO-OP]
Members
3,941 posts
31,955 battles

Seems like a good idea, although you might as well throw in destroyers since some of them have good AA, with DFAA.

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,545 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

Seems like a good idea, although you might as well throw in destroyers since some of them have good AA, with DFAA.

I won’t deny OP makes sense, but the theoretical outcome of using the idea would be longer games with fewer casualties; something which seems counter to WGs apparent obsession with the fastest game churn possible.