You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

Radar All The Things - Indianapolis Ranked Battle Ring North Spawn 10.4

5 comments in this topic

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,396 posts
26,601 battles

Join us for this World of Warships Ranked Battle with @Entity__001 in the Indianapolis. I've always enjoyed this ship, and this battle showcases why. Entity spends most of the game in the center of the map... will this prove decisive?

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,200 posts
20,409 battles

I like the Indianapolis too. Always think of Robert Shaw in the movie Jaws when I play it.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,422 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I like the Indianapolis too. Always think of Robert Shaw in the movie Jaws when I play it.

What I like about this scene, despite a few flaws, is that Quint accurately recounts that a Lockeed Ventura (from the recently captured airfield on Peleliu,) found them first.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,200 posts
20,409 battles
15 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What I like about this scene, despite a few flaws, is that Quint accurately recounts that a Lockeed Ventura (from the recently captured airfield on Peleliu,) found them first.

The Indianapolis set a speed record on her top secret mission from San Francisco  to Hawaii. She made it in 74 1/2 hours.  

When I play the Indy, I hit full speed ahead to dive behind a island to provide radar coverage of the caps. As Lord_Zath said the Indy brings that 10km radar to the table and the ability to light ships that was hidden. Just lighting them up is a offensive weapon.

Also as a nod to how good of a ship the Indianapolis can be in the right hands. One of -K-'s members Ace_04 posted this game awhile back in his Indy.

World of Warships - Ace - YouTube

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,422 battles
6 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Also as a nod to how good of a ship the Indianapolis can be in the right hands. One of -K-'s members Ace_04 posted this game awhile back in his Indy.

World of Warships - Ace - YouTube

Love Indy.

One if my first games in it I leveraged the radar to do well in a typhoon. And the last time I played it in OG Ranked, I didn’t do much damage, but the radar spoiled a flanking move by two destroyers, and that may have given us the win.

• Cool 1