You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Special Opt In Missions (Bismarck Web Campaign)

19 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,568 battles

Per the Bismarck Web Campaign article (link below) you have to opt in/click to unlock the various missions...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/bismarcks-last-battle/

Note - you can do this in the game Port under the News section too.

Captains!

We invite you to take part in a special campaign dedicated to the last days of the legendary German battleship. Each day, this article will provide you access to a new combat mission.

You can complete missions and earn rewards until: Sun. June 06, 2021 6:00 AM EST

Step by step, we'll retrace the events of Bismarck's famous raid, which took place 80 years ago. Choose the campaign stages on the map, learn more about the events of those days, and unlock combat missions!

Open the link above and click on the icons on the map. This unlocks/shows the missions. You can click on all of them now but the missions appear to either activate on the date shown (ie; 25th, 26th, etc...) or after you do the one before it. Not sure if you have to click each day or clicking once is all it takes or what? But this gets you started...

UPDATE - I did the 1st Mission (25th) and the following ones still say unavailable so it appears they activate on the date shown and then the final one - Epilogue - will be on the 28th or like a Campaign Final Task and activate once you do the 1st ones with dates).

25th Mission:

• Earn 12 Incapacitation or Citadel" ribbons. German Tier V–X ships (only need five if using Prinz Eugen). Ranked/Random/Co-op
  • Reward: 3X Hunter Camo

26th Mission:

• 60 Spotted ribbons playing British Tier V–X ships (only need 30 if using Ark Royal). Ranked/Random/Co-op
  • Reward: 100,000 Credits + 6X India Yankee Flags + 6X November Foxtrot Flags

27th Mission:

• 25 Flood ribbons playing British Tier V–X DD's or CV's (only need 12 if using Cossack or Cossack B). Ranked/Random/Co-op
  • Reward: 100,000 Credits + 6X India Delta Flags + 6X Sierra Bravo Flags

Epilogue Mission:

• Earn a Dreadnought  -OR-  450,000 Damage playing German Tier V–X ships. Ranked/Random/Co-op Battles.
  • Reward: 200,000 Credits + 6X each Victor Lima, Hotel Yankee, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo Flags
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 3

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles

Thanks for the heads-up. Doesn't look too bad. I can do all this with commanders who are either already at 21 points or primary candidates for it. 

Short, easy missions like these are what makes WOWS fun for me. 

[NFFS]
Members
265 posts
8,034 battles

Good Morning!

Just note that you do have to click on the various lion icons on the map to get to the actual mission unlock button.  Little different than how they have done it in the past.

Members
808 posts
Just now, Grey_Paladin said:

Good Morning!

Just note that you do have to click on the various lion icons on the map to get to the actual mission unlock button.  Little different than how they have done it in the past.

Thanks. They didn't exactly make that clear. I didn't know the map was clickable. 

[PVE]
Members
17,082 posts
37,568 battles
13 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

Where are you seeing the Opt In option? I went to the page and I'm not seeing anything

12 minutes ago, Grey_Paladin said:

Good Morning!

11 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

Thanks. They didn't exactly make that clear. I didn't know the map was clickable. 

I did mention it in the OP just FYI but I know it was a wall-o-text so easily missed. I will edit OP and highlight that part. :Smile_honoring:

[NFFS]
Members
265 posts
8,034 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did mention it in the OP just FYI but I know it was a wall-o-text so easily missed. I will edit OP and highlight that part.

Missed it the first time myself, then re-read everything and saw it. 

Members
808 posts
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did mention it in the OP just FYI but I know it was a wall-o-text so easily missed. I will edit OP and highlight that part. :Smile_honoring:

You did mention it but the website didn't make it clear. Thx

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Guess I should have gone up the RN DD line at some point.

This is why I like to have all lines at least to Tier 5 (6 for CV). They might never go anywhere in the long term, but at the very least they can be useful to grab low-hanging fruit like this.

[BTLST]
Members
959 posts
15,180 battles

I was born on the 24th of May 1941, same day as HOOD was sunk by Bismarck with over 1,300 men aboard.  There were 3 survivors, 2 civilian dockyard workers and a young Naval Boy.    YEP!  I came into the world a catastrophe and have been one every since!     BUT I do love to play Warships!!!!! 

• Cool 2

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
192 posts
16,575 battles

Wow. Kind of sneaky the way WG hid the Opt-in button on the website.

I wonder how many people will figure it out vs not.

Thank you for filling in the communication gaps WG leaves out.

[WOLF6]
Members
386 posts
12,363 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Guess I should have gone up the RN DD line at some point.

Rewards are nice, but these don't seem to be worth going out the way for.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,162 posts
40,121 battles

I'll need to take out the the GK for today's mission, since I still need to farm some citadel/incaps for the dockyard mission.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,717 posts

They should give people a chance to get the unsinkable sam  perma-camo somehow.

I have it & looking for the cat is vaugely soothing.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
16,357 posts
18,555 battles
1 minute ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

Rewards are nice, but these don't seem to be worth going out the way for.

Yeah, there was nothing there that made me itch to buy a Cossack (if it is in the shop).

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles
17 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

(if it is in the shop).

It's there, but buying a ship just to do an event is IMHO a fool's errand unless the guaranteed prize is AT LEAST the ship's doubloon value back or some other satisfactory equivalent. Bonus points if it early-unlocks access to missions that yield permacamos for ships I don't already have one for. 

That's why I happily bought both Gorizia and Strasbourg, and will probably buy whatever this year's Christmas mid-tier event ship is (assuming the format stays mostly the same). 

The exception is if you were leaning heavily toward getting it anyway, and this is what you need to nudge you over the edge. I've had great fun with my Cossack, but DISCLOSURE - I got her during the UK DD launch event and thus paid a pittance for her, so my sunk cost is minimal.

[ARGSY]
Members
30,103 posts
26,974 battles

I meant to add, and then got distracted, that my surprising star for last night's mission was everyone's current favourite hate-dump, the Z-31. The HE shells might be nothing to write home about, especially as a fire starter, but 150mm HE in the right place DOES break things on destroyers. I capped that off with a suicide charge against a bot Hawkins that conveniently offered me its broadside. Can you say "Citadel farm"? :Smile_trollface:

[COOP2]
Members
96 posts
On 5/25/2021 at 12:33 PM, Anonymous50 said:

They should give people a chance to get the unsinkable sam  perma-camo somehow.

I have it & looking for the cat is vaugely soothing.

I'd love to get the camo, we recently adopted a tuxedo kitten thus named Unsinkable Samantha.