You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Something I think many should read.

20 comments in this topic

Members
1,001 posts

I have to admit some of those are pretty accurate about me at times in more than just this game. 

Edited by SteelClaw

Members
470 posts

It is a shame that something that is created to bring fun and joy can do the exact opposite. I think this point "Different Goals create a Conflict of Interest in the Video Games" is one of the main problems in gaming today. Not to say the other points do not apply. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
1,153 posts
2,229 battles
12 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I did and I fit a few of the things pointed out.

https://www.healthygamer.gg/why-do-video-games-make-you-angry/

Did not read yet. My guess is competitiveness nature in humans, and then how companies structure thier games so that players are frustrated/angry, therefore Buy things to dominate others. Time to read it then

Edited by Boomer625
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,999 posts
25,340 battles
9 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Don't tell me...let me guess...

They psychobabble evaluators have figured out how to classify it as a "disease" or an "affliction" that they can cure for you w/treatment or psychobabble medications (Warning: Side effects can include death...if this happens please inform your doctor immediately)...

Remember when those people (the actual "doctors"...& I use that term loosely) used to just be the punch lines in sit coms because everybody knew they were full of it? Still the #1 leading profession in suicide rates...go figure?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Meh 1

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
3 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I don't need to read something to tell me why I'm displeased with players that have thousands of games under their belts and still don't even remotely show any signs of understanding the basics. 

As for fitting something in an article -- well try ordering chinese take out, their cookies are full of similar fitting advice.

• Cool 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,698 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Don't tell me...let me guess...

They psychobabble evaluators have figured out how to classify it as a "disease" or an "affliction" that they can cure for you w/treatment or psychobabble medications (Warning: Side effects can include death...if this happens please inform your doctor immediately)...

Remember when those people (the actual "doctors"...& I use that term loosely) used to just be the punch lines in sit coms because everybody knew they were full of it? Still the #1 leasing profession in suicide rates...go figure?

Sounds like you actually need to read it as well as seek out therapy 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[OGF]
Members
441 posts
8,148 battles
1 hour ago, Depraved_Miscreant said:

They're not wrong that it's mostly gobbledygook about males repressing emotions and toxicity and the usual nonsense.  WoWs makes people mad because it's designed to, and it's not alone.  The objective is engagement, not satisfaction.  The more random factors introduced (idiot players, RNG) then the less control one has over the outcome.  The less control one has over the outcome, the more frustration builds.  Couple that with lots of carrots made to keep you "engaged" as long  as possible, anger consequently rises.  None of which is addressed in the blog, which chooses instead to rely on spurious analogies like not crying during sad movies.  Ergo, the problem is not with the games at all - it's with you, and the fact that you don't cry enough about your feelings and society telling you how to be a man.  It's pop psych agenda drivel, words for the sake of words. 

• Cool 2

[NSEW]
Members
2,582 posts
12,112 battles

I'd hazard to guess that it correlates to our expectations of others in said environment to perform to minimum standards.  As any standard is relative (unlike the military), players would not be enjoying the game as much as they were initially designed from inception.

Bring on WOWS Bootcamp :cap_viking:

[PVE]
Members
8,999 posts
25,340 battles
4 hours ago, Depraved_Miscreant said:

Do you inhale?

Do you Exhale?

Researchers have discovered that people that are mentally ill have been know to do 1 of those 2 things at least once a day...& the conditions are totally treatable...

Just remember to inform your doctor about the aforementioned death (& any subsequent deaths thereafter) that occur on account of treatments & you too can learn to control that inhaling/exhaling disease...

I'll get right on that...just as soon as I finish reading this week's issue of the "World Weekly News"...gotta prime the pump for [edited](<---That would be the initials for bovine excrement.that was edited there) overload 1st.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[CHA0S]
Members
444 posts
4,126 battles
29 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That article seems to be written by a woman who really doesn't understand men.

Agreed.  A quick look at their other "articles" (read, blogs posts) shows a very obvious trend along the same lines ("Male, Your/MySon," etc.).  I wonder how the author would characterize my daughter raging about Fortnite or Apex Legends.  Probably the fault of the Patriarchy or some such.

image.png.3c636a3780b2e56bb2320e23b0aa743f.png

Wait - in this case, I'm the patriarchy!

Pay no attention to the - *ahem* - individual behind the curtain!

[A-D-F]
Members
1,328 posts
13,086 battles
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Which points towards more of the school of thought; "Men don't think like women, therefor they must be broken and in need of fixing." 

[FOXY]
Members
3,226 posts
8,096 battles
19 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Agreed.  A quick look at their other "articles" (read, blogs posts) shows a very obvious trend along the same lines ("Male, Your/MySon," etc.).  I wonder how the author would characterize my daughter raging about Fortnite or Apex Legends.  Probably the fault of the Patriarchy or some such.

image.png.3c636a3780b2e56bb2320e23b0aa743f.png

Wait - in this case, I'm the patriarchy!

Pay no attention to the - *ahem* - individual behind the curtain!

I wonder what theyd say about me.

Swearing up a storm..

I should be more of a Lady.

[46856]
Members
2,256 posts

Knew it wasn't my fault for getting angry its all you peoples fault for creating a toxic community. - Vindicated by article.

Shame on you folks.

Edited by Chain_shot

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,698 battles
7 hours ago, buglips said:

They're not wrong that it's mostly gobbledygook about males repressing emotions and toxicity and the usual nonsense.  WoWs makes people mad because it's designed to, and it's not alone.  The objective is engagement, not satisfaction.  The more random factors introduced (idiot players, RNG) then the less control one has over the outcome.  The less control one has over the outcome, the more frustration builds.  Couple that with lots of carrots made to keep you "engaged" as long  as possible, anger consequently rises.  None of which is addressed in the blog, which chooses instead to rely on spurious analogies like not crying during sad movies.  Ergo, the problem is not with the games at all - it's with you, and the fact that you don't cry enough about your feelings and society telling you how to be a man.  It's pop psych agenda drivel, words for the sake of words. 

I think it has been loosely designed to start to get you thinking that the problem is not the games, the problems are within you etc....
Most people will fail to grow as individuals during their lives unless really challenged. 

If you never grow as an individual, you stay the same, and if you fail to realize that, that individual is likely going to blame everything around them and everyone around them rather than going the hard route and ask the question 'is the problem me' 

Those individuals that fail to ask that question about themselves ever, do not do well in life and play into what the article loosely touches on. 

So broken human remains broken essentially. 
Personal growth is crucial to do well in life. 

Sometimes you can never say or do anything worse than what it is to be someone like them, 
so if you want someone to suffer, just let them rot and never grow,  and never help them grow. 
They will collapse their own life around them. 

@IfYouSeeKhaos
Best example of what I have said and plays right into it.

Edited by Depraved_Miscreant

[PVE]
Members
8,999 posts
25,340 battles
1 hour ago, Depraved_Miscreant said:

I think it has been loosely designed to start to get you thinking that the problem is not the games, the problems are within you etc....
Most people will fail to grow as individuals during their lives unless really challenged. 

If you never grow as an individual, you stay the same, and if you fail to realize that, that individual is likely going to blame everything around them and everyone around them rather than going the hard route and ask the question 'is the problem me' 

Those individuals that fail to ask that question about themselves ever, do not do well in life and play into what the article loosely touches on. 

So broken human remains broken essentially. 
Personal growth is crucial to do well in life. 

Sometimes you can never say or do anything worse than what it is to be someone like them, 
so if you want someone to suffer, just let them rot and never grow,  and never help them grow. 
They will collapse their own life around them. 

@IfYouSeeKhaos
Best example of what I have said and plays right into it.

I think the word you're looking for is Responsibility...which if you know how to break down the meaning of words literally translates into exactly what it says...

The Ability to Respond...for your words &/or actions.

If you need to point to others & say, "It's their fault"...then you will always be the effect of others & never be at cause in your own life.

But go ahead & use me as your poster child if you can't understand basic common sense...

& if you order now...a free set of tarot cards for those that need somebody to point the way for them...

11 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

As for fitting something in an article -- well try ordering chinese take out, their cookies are full of similar fitting advice.

Sorry...but fortune cookies will cost you extra & are only available in the deluxe ultra bundles of [edited] (same bovine extract that was edited before here) package.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
8,999 posts
25,340 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Sad part is it was probably wrote by a man that isn't allowed to publish anything w/out his wife proofreading it 1st to make sure he didn't throw in any "manly failures" in his text.

[-VT-]
Members
1,365 posts
31,282 battles
50 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sad part is it was probably wrote by a man that isn't allowed to publish anything w/out his wife proofreading it 1st to make sure he didn't throw in any "manly failures" in his text.

If that is true he has one manly failure I can spot right off.

• Thanks 1